PDA

View Full Version : WoC Battalion 1000 points

Rhamiel
27-07-2009, 21:09
Basically when i start WoC i will start off the the Battalion as it is a great deal (espcially for WoC)
so i did my 1000 points based on the Battalion
anyway this is what i made

Exalted Hero w/
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Soporific Musk
Daemonic Mount

12 Chaos Warriors w/
Mark of Khorne
Additional Hand Weapons
Full Command

20 Chaos Marauders w/
Mark of Slaanesh
Flails
Light Armour
Full Command

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights w/
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

yeh basically all i am asking you is will it play ok? i can't really change anything apart from equipment so do what you can

Rhamiel

GenerationTerrorist
27-07-2009, 21:25
Hi mate.
I also like the WoC Battalion, tis a great starter box!

As for your army, I'd give the Exalted a Shield and also the Favour of the Gods item. He'll be trashing enemy characters in combat, so all is good with FotG. Not sure on the Axe of Khorne but others may disagree. Stick this guy with your Knights for an "uber" unit.

Drop the Champion and Musician from the Knights, and give them the Blasted Standard. Some say a Knight unit needs a Musician as well as a Standard, but I don't bother. It is a personal thing, though, so see what works for you.

You will need some kind of Magic Defence in the army, so a Lvl1 Sorcerer (if you can pick up a Sorcerer from ebay cheaply) and give him a pair of Dispel Scrolls.

I'd also drop the Champion from the Warriors unit.

Other than those few changes, the list will work fine. Marauders with Flails and MoS are great and remember that Hounds are the most valuable unit in the entire list!

Have fun :-)

Rhamiel
27-07-2009, 22:02
ok you make some good points
the reason i didn't give him a shield is becuase i wanted him to dish out as many attacks as possible (this means he gets 5 attacks, at Strength 6 with Killing Blow, that will destroy most characters)
also yes a Sorcerer would be nice but i just dont see how i can fit him into the points for 1000, i have planned my entire army up to 5000 points (it's just somethign i do i change it accordingly though)
and in the next 500 points i get 2 Level 2 Sorcerers, each with a Dispel Scroll
so i think i can just weather the storm at 1000 points
besides my 1500 point list will be easy to buy (only Maruder Horsemen and 2 Sorcerors)

the thing is i don't want to drop the champions from any of my units as i really like having full commands (its a personal thing)

another thing i want to ask is if anyone has any advice on how to play with this effectivly thanks

Rhamiel

ps. i have changed the Juggernaught to Deamonic Mount as i don't want to have the same model twice in my army, it's a bit odd i know but it's how i wanted it, a bit of help on weather or not the tentacle arm and shield are part of the model or need to be glued on would be useful (as i need to model it with 2 CCW)

weasley!
27-07-2009, 22:26
Exalted Hero w/
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Soporific Musk
Juggernaut of Khorne

I'd prefer to go for a simple Exalted Hero, with Khorne, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield, Great Weapon. Cheaper than this so it could allow extra things elsewhere. His crown gives him protection since he is also the general. I also find that if i have a tooled up character in a unit of knights I don't use them properly. Furthermore this character can boost the fighting effectiveness of the marauders, since the warriors can fend for themselves.

12 Chaos Warriors w/
Mark of Khorne
Additional Hand Weapons
Full Command

I personally give my warriors great weapons and shields so they can cope with all situations.

20 Chaos Marauders w/
Mark of Slaanesh
Flails
Light Armour
Full Command

For this unit I would drop the light armour since the 6+ on it's own wont do much. Also I take great weapons rather than the flails since the strength bonus is for every turn. Plus its the same points.

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights w/
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

I'd agree to take the blasted standard here for the protection. The only problem with it is that it only protects from things in the shooting phase, so nothing against stand and shoot and magic missiles for example.

Tactics wise this army would be a central advance with the general in the middle. the wolves can stand in front of the guys for protection against missiles, attack the missile guys themselves or can add flank attacks to charges.

Hope this helped :D

Rhamiel
27-07-2009, 22:37
ok thanks wealsly for the tactics simple but could be effective
now onto your comments:
1) i like the idea of a mounted supper unit charing for hels leather into whatever is in front of them and just dishing out pain, and having the Lord in that unit means i will dish out even more damage (i like them and while it may be more expensive in higher point values it will all become clear)
2) Yeh the Warriors might be nice with Great Weapons and Shields but having 4 Stregnth 4, WS5, I5 attacks is just too tempting (and if i line them up right i can get 25 attacks in just 1 turn of combat that will destroy most units)
3) Ok with the Light Armour you have a point, i don't know why i took it in the first place, the problem is the great weapon don't come in the Marauders box (and therfore not with the battalion) and i don't want to do a lot of conversion work
4) if i drop the light armour on the maruders i can take the Blasted Standard so thats sorted

back to your tactics i think at the moment i know how i will run it
the Knights and Hero up the centre, with the other 2 units flanking while the Warhounds stand in front and protect me from missile fire, and if there are any hounds left once my main units get into combat (where they excell) they will tag team up and hunt down lone characters or warmachine crews etc.

Rhamiel

weasley!
27-07-2009, 23:58
Koolios

Got any games where you plan to use this soon? Tell us how it goes.

Unuhexium
28-07-2009, 00:44
This isn't really about tactics, but rather how to get cheap and kickass looking sorcerers.

These days chaos sorcerers wear chaos armour so i find it highly unfluffy that the
models looks like Golum under a blanket. I used a normal chaos warrior as base for the
conversion along with the champion back and arm (the raised one), cut the hand off the
arm and replaced it with a bannerpole from the same kit. After that you just have to add
something to the top of the bannerpole (and shorten it a bit) to make it look like a
sorcerers staff. Then just paint him in some appropriate colours to make him stick out.

The result is a sorcerer that actually looks like what he is, a heavily armoured caster.

Rhamiel
28-07-2009, 08:43
oh ok thats a nice idea thanks Unuehxium i might try it (we shall see)
weasley no first of all i need to buy this list i want to get it verified before i buy it
besides at the moment i don't have any money so i can't (and i need to finish painting my current army first)

Rhamiel

Cobra_Commander
28-07-2009, 13:46
For the great weapons on the Marauders, you could just use the flail arms. Just say their great weapons. They're big, and two handed, who's to argue. As long as you tell the person what they are. And that way you can switch between them if you feel like using the other.

COOOBBBRRRAAA!!!

Chaseyboy1er
28-07-2009, 14:53
I would make the knights nurlge with a standard and give them the rage banner or whatever it's called so they basically get khorne and nurgle at once.

Rhamiel
28-07-2009, 16:30
ok thanks i was thinking that Cobra Commander
and Chaseyboy1er, thats a very good idea but i don't have the points to do it
but i will see what i can do

Rhamiel