PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a general for 2k Wood Elves

lain2k3
28-07-2009, 05:47
So far this is what I'm running, and I need help deciding on what I should spend the remaining 401 points on in this list. I need a General, first and foremost.

Alter Noble, HoDA, HotH, LA, GW, Sh - 158

2x 10 Glade Guard, Musician - 252
2x 5 Glade Riders, Musician - 258
2x 8 Dryads - 192

2x 7 Wardancers - 252
6 Wild Riders, Standard, War Banner - 199

2x 6 Waywatchers, 288

It's a standard MSU list with a good amount of shooting and enough CC oriented units to take on most lists, and has good numbers for a WE army, I just really don't know where to go with my hero/lord choice(s).

Thanks in advance!

leighr3029
28-07-2009, 08:07
400 points is exactly how many points an ancient costs (with murder of spites, annoyance of netlings and the one which gives you a dispel dice).

with the extra points from the second waywatcher unit add in a mage for some magic defence.

nasty_little_hobbit
28-07-2009, 10:12
I would go for a combination of a branchwraith-level1, cluster of radients= 140 for magic defense leaving you 260 pts which could be used for either a Wardancer highborn- blades of loec, SotCM + annoyance of netlings if you remove a waywatcher(=285) or a Wild rider Highborn- dawnspear, annoyance of netlings,SotCM to join the Wild Riders.

willowdark
28-07-2009, 18:23
Both are solid choices for a general given there by that nasty little hobbit.

Instead of a Branchwraith you could take a second Alter with full mundane kit, Briarsheath and which whichever ward save talisman you don't give to your highborn. This guy is absolutly brilliant against shooters. A single model with an additional -1 to hit from the Briarsheath _and_ -1 for stand and shoot, plus la, shield and ward save, this guy can take a S&S from almost anything short of razordons and should clean them up, or at least keep them from shooting a turn or two. He's been an MVP for me in a quite a few games.

And I'd consolidate those Waywatchers into 1 x 8 and take an Eagle. 8 scouts should be able to scout anywhere that 6 could, and since you had 2 units I don't think you were too worried about that anyway. 1 x 8 will cover less of the field, but be more of a threat where they do go. And Eagles are just fantastic for the price.

Time of Madness
28-07-2009, 18:39
I'd go with a level 3 caster with some dispel type items. This will give the list some solid magic protection (which is what it needs).
Time of Madness