PDA

View Full Version : First try at 2K Nurgle WoC List

brother slaughterer
28-07-2009, 08:51
Normally play dwarf slayers but wanted to try something different with a bit of magic.
Was going to try a purely Khornate WoC with Valkia but got bitten by the Nurgle bug, so to speak, so heres the first list.

all cc will be gratefully received.

Sorcerer Lord
-Level 4
-MoN
-Armour of Morrsleib
-Filth Mace

360 pts

Sorcerer
-Level 2
-MoN
-Power familiar
-Conjoined Homunculus
-Chaos Steed

222 pts

Festus the Leechlord

185 pts

Chaos Warriors (19)
-MoN
-Shields
-Full Command

364 pts

Chaos Marauders (19)
-Full Command
-Shields
-Light Armour
-Flails
-MoN

177 pts

Marauder Horsemen (5)
-MoN
-Light Armour
-Flail

110 pts

Chaos Warhounds (5)

30 pts

Chaos Knights (5)
-MoN
-Standard

250 pts

Chaos Chariot
-MoN

150 pts

Chaos Chariot
-MoN

150 pts

Total Points: 1998 (by my reckoning)

Sorc Lord goes with WoC
Sorc goes with knights
Festus goes with Marauders.

Well guys what do you think?

Cheers

mikepm07
28-07-2009, 18:53
I don't know much about WoC but I want to give you a resounding pat on the back for sticking with one God. This multi-god Chaos stuff is just stupid.

Unuhexium
28-07-2009, 19:20
Make sure that nothing stronger than a hero gets into combat with your Sorcerer lord.
He'll probably be able to take down a descent hero, but another lord will be trouble.
Other than that I find it hilarious to equip casters for melee and mow down infantry.
Works pretty well in a non-competative environment. And can often catch opponents
completly off guard.

Also, your mounted sorcerer probably shouldn't be in any unit that you expect to get
into melee with.

GenerationTerrorist
28-07-2009, 21:03
As Mike said above, I think mono-god lists are still the most fun to work with.

As for your list, if I took a Sorcerer Lord "on foot" I would try to give him a Palanquin for the extra attacks it can dish out in Close Combat. Not sure really how I would fit it into your list though!

brother slaughterer
29-07-2009, 08:47
Make sure that nothing stronger than a hero gets into combat with your Sorcerer lord.
He'll probably be able to take down a descent hero, but another lord will be trouble.
Other than that I find it hilarious to equip casters for melee and mow down infantry.
Works pretty well in a non-competative environment. And can often catch opponents
completly off guard.

Also, your mounted sorcerer probably shouldn't be in any unit that you expect to get
into melee with.

I agree with the idea about sorcerers getting in to combat, but was thinking need to protect him for a bit. Could always detach just before charging????? or being charged if poss.
Or running around away from anything gribbly at the back maybe