Herald on Disk with BSB Standard of Sundering 210
Herald with Power Vortex 145

19 Pink Horrors 228

19 Pink Horrors 228

16 Pink Horrors 192

6 Flamers 210

6 Flamers 210

Havent played with DoC yet, and Ive never played a magic heavy army for that matter.

Im wondering if the GSS is worth it, and having three heralds is worth it. I have been advised to take multiple small squads of Horrors, that way you get more dispel dice, but to me I feel safer having a herald in every squad for the 4+ ward. Any comments on that?

Also, if I count right its 20 PD and 10 DD? Is that correct? Is that good enough to win with one phase?

Thanks for any help!

Chaseyboy1er
28-07-2009, 14:56
well, you can't put the herald on the disk in the one unit because flying mounts are not allowed to be in units. and i would make 5 units of 10 horrors so that you get a lot of dice in both your and your opponent's magic phase. and if you didn't know, your BSB can have the upgrades or whatever they're called. But all else looks good.

Gaargod
28-07-2009, 15:13
Indeed, the BSB can have gifts. Stupid daemons.

By the way, if you're not using the pts on other gifts (Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch is common combo, one i quite like), take Winged Horror over disc. Allows him to join units and will be a -1 to shoot at, in exchange for 1 weak attack and 6+ armour save.

Give the horrors stand + icon of sorcery. If you're already taking bigger units, might as well make them better casters.

You really don't need standard of sundering - you have a lot of DD dice as it is. Personally i just wouldn't take any magic banner on him (its not like you need it). Keep him as BSB tho, reroll is rather useful.

dal9ll
28-07-2009, 22:31
Need some help with this 2250:

Fateweaver 625
Herald on Disk with BSB Standard of Sundering 210

19 Pink Horrors 228

19 Pink Horrors 228

16 Pink Horrors 192

6 Flamers 210

6 Flamers 210

--IMO the Icon of Despair is by-far the best Battle Standard we've got and should be used pretty much everytime. The whole army causes Fearfor godsakes! GSoS is good but not the best IMO.
--Give all your Heralds Winged Horror instead of discs. Keep the Power Vortices on there though.
--Give one of the Heralds Master of Sorcery. I just LOVE Doom & Darkness! The Lore of Bea(s)ts has lots of good stuff in it too.
--split the Horror units up into 5 units of 10 and (try to) give each one a standard so they can take the Icon of Sorcery.
--give each Flamer unit a pyrocaster. BS5 is just invaluable IMO
--a unit of Furies can really help you.

Lastly, have you planned out what spells you'll take (most of the time) with Fateweaver? Its of course very opponent-specific but some spells are just staples to be taken everytime (like Unseen Lurker, Spirit of the Forge, Comet, etc.)

Hope this helps!

GMMStudios
29-07-2009, 04:41
Thanks for the advice guys!

I will consider the leadership banner. Does sound better.

The trick of MoS and Flames of Tzeentch is nice. Will be extra nasty considering fateweaver already does it too.

Should I make some units 9 to save points since I will be adding heralds or is the extra wound critical at that size. Making the units in 10s "only" adds two dispel dice, but I guess I have yet to figure out how big that "only" is :D

GMMStudios
29-07-2009, 04:48
Here is what I am looking at now, need to shave down to 2250:

Kairos 625

Herald 165
Master of Sorcery
Flames of T

Herald 245
BSB
-2 Ld Banner
Power Vortex

Herald 145
Power Vortex

10 Pink Horrors SB Icon of Sorcery 147

6 Flamers
6 Flamers

Thats 2335, need to shave 85 points.

Gokamok
29-07-2009, 11:31
I'd suggest removing a Flamer from each unit, and then spending the leftover points on buffing your Heralds a bit more.

Ps.
Watch out for VC armies with dual Balefire Carts;)

mantanza
29-07-2009, 19:34
Maybe dropping your cheap Herald and adding the Blue Scribes, that will free up almost 65 points there

GMMStudios
30-07-2009, 15:29
The thing I dont like about the scribes is that they dont add power or dispel dice. Well potentially several but also potentially none.

IIRC he also cant join units, so I dont see how the heck they dont get popped easily.

Chaseyboy1er
30-07-2009, 20:07
well, i believe that you don't need a BSB at all. You have enough so that by the time he gets to you, his unit should be very low in models compared to it's starting strength. I would also recommend a small unit of screamers to go war machine hunting.

PeG
30-07-2009, 21:50
anything immune to flaming attacks will make a mess out of your list but I guess you know that already. The only way of avoiding that is to mix in some non-Tzeentch units which of course messes with your fluff and mono list.

GMMStudios
31-07-2009, 00:59
Yeah I thought about adding hounds to help with that. I think they would compliment this list well.

Can the blue scribes join a unit?