PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2000pts, All Cavalry

corben_da
07-01-2006, 13:44
Any opinions about this army?

High Elves, 2000pts

Lord: Prince: 257pts
- Steed(ith), Dragon Armour, Shield, Pure of Heart, Vambracers of Defence, Blade of Sea Gold,
Hero: Commander: 147pts
- Steed(ith), Lance, Dragon Armour, Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield,
Hero: Commander: 135pts
- Steed(ith), Dragon Armour, Shield, Guardian Phoenix, Sword of Might,
Hero: Mage: 192pts
- Steed(ith), Channeler, Jewel of the Dusk, Dispel Scroll

Core:
6 x Silver Helms: HA, Shield, 138pts
6 x Silver Helms: HA, Shield, 138pts
9 x First Silver Helms: Full Command, HA, Shield, Banner of Ellyrion, 257pts

Special:
11 x Dragon Princes: Full Command, Banner of Arcane Protection, 371pts
6 x Ellyrian Reavers, Bow & Spear, 144pts
Tiranoc Chariot: 85pts
Tiranoc Chariot(free): 85pts

Rare:
Great Eagle: 50pts

Total: 1999pts

Prince goes with Dragon Princes
Commander with Bow goes with Ellyrian reavers
Commander with sword of might goes with First Silver Helms
Mage goes with other Smaller silver helm units

Lord Anathir
07-01-2006, 15:09
that looks good. But can i suggest the standard of balance instead of the banner of arcane protection on your dragon princes; only because any stubborn unit will screw this army up.

i think bows are a waste on the reavers.
Consider dropping a helm on each of the smaller units and get another eagle.

shadowprince
08-01-2006, 06:24
your going to get smoked no magic defense at all, 1 lv2 mage with one scroll is no protection at all.

Eldacar
08-01-2006, 09:25
your going to get smoked no magic defense at all, 1 lv2 mage with one scroll is no protection at all.
It depends on the environment that he plays in. If it is a magic-light sort of place, then that might be enough. If it is a heavy-magic sort of place, then it won't be. I've grown accustomed to heavy-magic, so it would be a very rare occasion where I design a list that doesn't have at least five Dispel Dice and two or three scrolls.

Hero: Commander: 147pts
- Steed(ith), Lance, Dragon Armour, Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield,
I'd mount him on an Eagle, myself.

Aside from that, do what Anathir said with regards to the bows, and I too would recommend that you get yourself a second Eagle.

corben_da
08-01-2006, 11:52
thanks for the comments, i'll bet that another eagle would be great and i think about that eagle character, it would be really pain in the ass sometimes for the oppenents warmachines or large target creatures etc :) but with eagle the character would be really woulnerable, but i'll think about it!

and about that magic, i have tried many variations of characters with this list and i have noticed that there won't be so much time on opponent to cast anything because there will be 2nd turn charges with this army..

shadowprince
09-01-2006, 02:03
depends how good the opponent is, it will take about three turns for you to engge all your units, maby two, If the opponent is smart do to no threat from magic or shooting in the currnt list he will not have to keep his mages close to his units for protection, once the guy with the bow is comabt, thus he puts up a unit or two, they die, then he nukes you next turn, also artillery will hurt this army.