PDA

View Full Version : microtournament report

Tupinamba
28-07-2009, 23:11
Hi guys! Just posting the thread to a tournament report I wrote at Druchii.net

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=62318

It was just a "micro" tournament, with only 10 players, but still. Unfortunatelly there are no pictures yet (may come later), but the action is described with some detail and theres some short tactical analysis on which Id like to hear some feedback from the warseer community.

Cheers!

SevenSins
29-07-2009, 11:16
very nice reports, and I particularly liked your battle analysis and tactical insights (although the chaos game was a bit hard to follow with all the bait-and flee moves)

congrats on second place, and I take it you'll stay away from water when fighting lizards from now on :)

PeeKay
29-07-2009, 15:18
Great report. You know how to play the game properly

Tupinamba
29-07-2009, 23:45
Thanks guys! Im really glad someone got to read that stuff till the end. BRs without pictures are a little dry and there are lots of spelling mistakes (was writing in a hurry from a lanhouse, sorry). Im also sorry that the report against WoC got a little confused. Im a little confused about that battle myself :D, so its difficult to write something 100% coherent. And yeah, Ill avoid those frog generating pools from now on!

I guess there are other places already discussing this, but what kind of tactics would you recommend against the lizzardmen? Ive had 3 other battles against another lizzard player, 1 draw and 2 losses, and dont seem to get a viable counter to the cold blooded %#$&:mad:...

The other guys list includes Mazamundi on Stegadon and 2 Stegadons with engines of the gods... not soft at all. The fights were always close, but its 3 losses and 1 draw in 4 games against lizzardmen now and, most importantly, I havent thought out a tatctic that, at least in theory, seems viable. But I also have to say that the lizzardmen players in my area are quite good too. Its very hard to beat a tough list lead by a tough player...

TheSanityAssassin
30-07-2009, 00:02
Definately agree with the Lizzie trouble....forced a bunch of draws, but still never beaten them (was 1" away after I broke a 1400 pt Slaan/2Scar-Vet/30 Saurus unit and couldn't catch them with 2 infantry blocks).

I find you need to make 100% sure you rack up enough Rez to ensure they're testing on a 4 MAX in order to break them in combat, or else you're really stuck against them. My biggest problem is that in order to get to the combat units and fight them I have to walk through 40 poisoned blowpipes and then 4-ish Salamander templates that will just roast my elves to bits.

Tupinamba
30-07-2009, 00:28
Exactly the same problem my elves have...

There are some pictures of the event now. Text is in portuguese, but its basically just saying which armies are facing eachother, so there shouldnt be any trouble understanding it.

Cheers!

http://paulocamossa.sites.uol.com.br/WarhammerTorneio260709.html

TheSanityAssassin
30-07-2009, 17:55
Is there a decent community in Brasil? Where about's are you? My wife lived in a little city called Umurama or some such spelling for a while, and doesn't recally ever seeing GW down there...not that I think she really would have looked for it.

Tupinamba
30-07-2009, 22:14
There is a community and it is even active, but it is very small. There are around 20-30 more or less regular WHFB players in So Paulo, where I live. I think there are slightly more 40k players, while many of those are the same that also play whfb. And there are some 10 LOTR/WOTR too (including me).

In Rio there is a similarly "large" community and there are some active players in Brasilia too. Other than that, as far as I know, there are several really small groups or even only individuals in the southern cities (Curitiba, Porto Alegre etc.) and maybe one or other in other cities too.

And there are probably several individuals who bought stuff around for modelling purposes and dont even know that there are players!

I must say that Umurama is probably not a hot spot for that kind of nerdish hobbies...

There are no exclusive GW shops in the country, but some other hobby/rpg/games retailers distribute GW material, but most of us buy stuff from abroad via internet.

Tupinamba
30-07-2009, 22:17
Should you come to visit your wifes relatives, or just for some time in the warmth (hehe), give us (me) a call. I can give you the contacts to the community forums of the people in So Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and Im sure the guys would be glad to organize some gaming.

See ya!