PDA

View Full Version : 2000 malekith dark elves

chippyman64
29-07-2009, 13:13
malekith 600
I really want to use malekith in a list, however i also want to keep the list somewhat competitve. For the points a get a good mage and a decent close combat attacks with some nice special rules

17x Black Guard of Naggarond 316
full command
banner of Hag Graef
crimson death
simple ASF BG -malekith will go here

sorceress 172
lvl2
darkstar cloak
dark steed
Mobile magic, will probably use lore of fire.

5 dark riders 85
mage goes here/on her own

5 dark riders 85
for baiting mainly.

20 warriors 140
shields
cheap and cheerful, not worth a banner

20 warriors 170
shields
full command
banner of murder
will protect malekith's unit from multiple threats/flank charges

2 bolt throwers 200
will provide covering fire to reduce static combat res

5 COK 135
"keep em cheap" i say. Tactic: point and fire at small lightly armoured units

100 points left any ideas?

chippyman64
29-07-2009, 13:55
nobody got anything?

EndlessBug
29-07-2009, 15:43
Take the sorc off the horse and bung her in a unit of warriors

buy the 1st unit of warriors FC and give them a war banner.

Get 5 harpies.

other than that, good

Cutmasta114
29-07-2009, 19:02
I concur with the above post on the sorceress--5 dark riders ain't much of a bunker against anyone who knows what they're doing. Drop her steed.

I disagree on the harpies. Don't think you need them between RxB's (you can kill mages, or warmachine crews if you really have to with the six shots format) and the Dark Riders, which, if you maneuver properly, should be able to take out war machines/mages on turn two anyway, and will be more effective at it.

with those 100 points, I'd try to get Rxbs on the riders and a full command with a warbanner or something on your spear unit (with three combat blocks, you need them to be effective, and come on, the command is very few points) OR get yourself a unit of shades with great weapons to marchblock and harass as the enemy comes at you. Malekith and the BG unit should destroy just about everything--Stubborn LD 10 bunker with one of the nastier melee characters in the game (not to mention his magical prowess) should do nicely. 800+ point units are cool like that.

Cutmasta114
29-07-2009, 19:03
sigh. when i said Rxbs in the second paragraph of the above post, I meant dark riders. sorry.

Cutmasta114
29-07-2009, 19:03
no no i didn't i meant the reaper BTs...sorry for triple post--i need to not post tired.

chippyman64
30-07-2009, 12:16
New list
malekith 600
I really want to use malekith in a list, however i also want to keep the list somewhat competitve. For the points a get a good mage and a decent close combat attacks with some nice special rules

17x Black Guard of Naggarond 316
full command
banner of Hag Graef
crimson death
simple ASF BG -malekith will go here

5 dark riders 85
for baiting mainly.

19 warriors 155
shields
full command
had to drop 3 points

20 warriors 170
shields
full command
banner of murder
will protect malekith's unit from multiple threats/flank charges

2 bolt throwers 200
will provide covering fire to reduce static combat res

5 COK 135
"keep em cheap" i say. Tactic: point and fire at small lightly armoured units

sorceress 160
lvl 2
darkstar cloak

sorceress 185
lvl 2
tomb of flurion
pendant
not sure about this mage, is it magic overkill?

thanks in advance

chippyman64
30-07-2009, 14:06
ohh and does anyone know any decent gw/non gw models for Malekith?

chippyman64
30-07-2009, 18:25
bump.... bumpety bump bump bump

bazooka125347
02-08-2009, 01:52
well ive never used malkith under 3k but this list looks pretty solid, good magic, decent shooting, and a very solid block... and for my malkith on foot i used a new COK's body, executioners legs, COK shield arm and shield Malkiths head(i used a COK body with the big neck guard to mainly cover up his ugly face :P ), a banner on his back, and malus darkblades sword on a COK's arm( can't have a naked arm Malkith can we :D)...

TheSanityAssassin
02-08-2009, 01:59
Or spend a crap-ton of money and get the unreleased one off of E-bay!
I know at least one person who did. Great model, but he's sadly on a 25mm base.

shredshredxx
09-08-2009, 21:29
i'd either go with the dark eldar archon model, with the head dremeled out and replaced with a new helmet (probably a converted cold on knight helmet) as well as the pistol dremeled out and replaced with a plasticard destroyer, (the right hand is already wearing what could pass as the gauntlet of pain, lol)

or the avatars of war dark elf highborn with the helmeted head+greenstuffed horns and the sword taken off and replaced with the destroyer in plasticard.

good luck, i'd love to see those conversions.