PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Lizards! 2250 Tourney List

mantanza
29-07-2009, 20:32
Tell me what you think, I want to have a strong magic phase but not over powered. I figure the blocks can hold and the stegs and cav can flank.

465 Slann
Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
Curse-Charm of Tepok
Dispel Scroll
Focus Mystery
The Focused Rumination
BSB
Warbanner

430 Skink Priest
Level 2
Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods
Plaque of Tepok
Dispel Scroll

380 Skink Chief
Warspear
Ancient Stegadon

70 10 Skink Skirmishers

70 10 Skink Skirmishers

228 18 Saurus Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer

254 15 Temple Guard
Standard Bearer

175 5 Cold one Cavalry

175 5 Cold one Cavalry

Gaargod
29-07-2009, 22:38
Um. That's a very good list. I'd personally take bane head over curse charm mind, its very useful.

Obviously, its preferable to give the saurus cav banners. I'm not really sure what you could lose to get them tho, and its not essential.

Cutmasta114
30-07-2009, 17:48
Very good list.

I personally would drop the curse charm and something to get some standards on the saurus cav--they really do need to break on the charge. Two ancient stegs can be nasty--especially if you take the lore of light (I'd say life, but it is almost totally useless other than the heal spell on a lot of maps and against a clever opponent) because you can heal at least one wound off of them a turn. Additionally, you can slam your EoTG into a unit, turning on burning alignment, and spam the 6 spell from the LoL to get a lot of autohits on everything that's messing with you.

I'd also drop the plaque off of the skink priest, the lore of heavens isn't really all that much worth the third spell IMO, with the points you could get a banner or a champion somewhere.

Loki73
30-07-2009, 23:57
Nice to see some cavalry. I may be in the minority but I like them. I think the list is good. Cant say much as I am only beginning to use these guys.

mantanza
31-07-2009, 04:28
Thanks for the posts, I really do want to get the banners in the cold one units. I am worried though, when they die, that is another 100 points and they are not really buffed up with a character or a champ even.

I intend on using them more on the flanks to act as war machine killers and fast flankers. So keeping them cheaper might be a better way to go, I will have to try both. The other thing is if they hit a good block unit, hopefully with will be a coordinated assault with one fo the foot troopers and they do have banners to count.

I love my Cold ones, they hit pretty hard, and are pretty durable, but it is that 7 movement that saves them. It is HUGE!!!! I have found stupidity on a cold blooded 8 to be rare that I fail.

Loki73
31-07-2009, 04:37
Good to know. I added a second unit to my 4000 point force. I did not add anything to them as I intend to use them as support or fast flankers.