PDA

View Full Version : 2k Hard and fast Savage orc army

lorcan
31-07-2009, 02:33
This is my army list that i've put together for the tale of fantasy painters. Any suggestions or criticism will be most welcome.

Characters
Savage Orc Warboss riding Wyvern. (398 pts)
Light armour , enchanted shield , Iron gnashas & Akrit axe

Savage Orc BigBoss riding in chariot (195 pts)
pigstikka

Savage Orc Shaman riding boar (136 pts)
skull wand & waaagh paint
(goes in the unit of big un's)

Goblin BigBoss riding on Gigantic spider (122 pts)
shield , best basha and best boss at
(leads the unit of trolls)

Core units
5 x Spider Riders (76 pts)
shield, spear , bow and musician

Special Units
5 x Savage Orc Big un's on Boars(211 pts)
spear , shield , musician , standard bearer and the banner of butchery

5 x Savage Orc Boar boyz(188 pts)
spear , shield & full command

1 x Boar Chariot(80 pts)

1 x Boar Chariot(80 pts)

Rare units
1 x Giant(205 pts)

2 x common trolls(80 pts)

Regards
Lorcan

rtunian
31-07-2009, 14:32
1 level 1 with no bound spells in a 2000 list will probably only cast spells 1/36 times (the chances of getting IF on 2 dice), since every single army gets 2 dd by default, and most carry 5+ dd and scrolls.

your army has almost no magic defense. in today's environment, that's probably a huge mistake. you should think about replacing the orc sham with a goblin sham w/ sneaky stealing staff. or if you are fine with going naked and accept this massive handicap, replace that sham with a chariot riding big boss.

imo the spider boss / troll unit may be off theme, pump wagons and a chariot riding boss could fit better.

again, magic is going to be your bane. if you aren't good with your spider riders, shooting will own you too. possibly the best use of this list is to try and overload one flank, while using trolls to hold the other flank. you need your boar boyz & chariots to work together, so keep them together and combo charge where you can.

lorcan
01-08-2009, 06:33
@ Rtunian: Thanks for the comments I've dropped the orc shaman, goblin big boss, trolls & giant from the list. I've replaced them with two goblin shamans in chariots , 4 snotling pump wagons & given the big uns a boss upgrade, plus i've also raised 2 spider units to 6 gobbo. I've also managed to give the collar of zorga to my war boss.

The new list is outlined below. Comments and criticism are most welcome.

Characters
Savage Orc Warboss riding Wyvern. (403 pts)
Light armour , enchanted shield , Iron gnashas ,
collar of Zorga & Akrit axe

Savage Orc BigBoss riding in chariot (195 pts)
pigstikka

Goblin shaman riding in chariot(165 pts)
staff of sneaky stealin

Goblin shaman riding in chariot(165 pts)
Dispel scroll & Brimstone Bauble

Core units

6 x Spider Riders (90 pts)

6 x Spider Riders (90 pts)

Special Units
5 x Savage Orc Big un's on Boars(228 pts)
spear , shield , full command and the banner of butchery

5 x Savage Orc Boar boyz(188 pts)
spear , shield & full command

1 x Boar Chariot(80 pts)

1 x Boar Chariot(80 pts)

Rare units
2 x snotling pump wagons(80 pts)

2 x snotling pump wagons(80 pts)

Regards
Lorcan

Jind_Singh
01-08-2009, 20:24
main issue is that the warboss hasn't got much staying power - hitting power YES, he's a savage orc warlord and will just jump in, but he'll be easy to bait. He needs something to help keep him alive, and I'm not sure if a 4+ save will cut it.
Otherwise it's a good mounted army - nice savage feeling as the fast cav are forest gobbos, but you'll be struggl;ing against armies that can take charges as it's not a resliant list, you cant afford protracted battles, you need good clean combats to win the day.
Be nice to paint though! BEst of luck

Stuffburger
02-08-2009, 14:45
Like JS said i'd hate to fight an undead or demon army with this list because you have an exceptionally low model count and any combat that makes it to turn 2 you've probably lost. Against any other armies though it looks like a good time.

I'd trim the spiders back down to 5, take away their bows and either take away the brimstone bauble or a champion somewhere and get a unit of wolves for a little more flexibility.