PDA

View Full Version : battlesuits in CC

imrhati
07-01-2006, 23:34
there are a lot of upgrades for getting battlesuits out of comabt available in the new 'dex. my question is why? my shas'o personally pistol whipped a eldar avatar (the red dude with a big sword) to death. that may have been luck but he also took out a 3 quarter strength of squad scorpions the same game. why not make upgrades for fire warriors the ones who really need it?

Nexto
08-01-2006, 00:04
Because its against the Tau's philosophy of warfare and you just had a lucky day with your suits, statistically, they suck so hard against dedicated cc units that they bitterly need everything to get out of combat ...

athamas
08-01-2006, 00:23
crisis suits have alot of fire power... however that cant hit for $^%! and have no power weapons...

they just die in combat.. or get tied down by a sacraficial unit

DireStrike
08-01-2006, 01:29
Suits can get lucky with S5, but how much faster would you have killed those enemies if you were shooting at them? To win CC you need to do quite well while your opponent does quite poorly. To win with shooting you just need to perform normally... and not get locked in combat.

boogle
08-01-2006, 01:58
being stuck in CC negates the one thing that Batlesuits were built for; mobile Medium-Heavy Firepower

imrhati
08-01-2006, 01:59
oh i get it but i still think fire warriors would benefit more.

boogle
08-01-2006, 02:00
they generally have longer range weapons, so if your Fire Warriors are in CC, you will have most likely already lost the game

imrhati
08-01-2006, 02:04
oh right again. wow i am not feeling too smart at the moment

Norminator
08-01-2006, 10:09
Well, I for one find that my Shas'o is a good buffer against assaults. He's got good WS, S, T and 4 A/W - more than most special characters. Admittedly, you'd be better off shooting, but if there is any tau model you wantto get into CC it's a Shas'o.