PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Batreps on youtube

Once Bitten
01-08-2009, 04:24
I haven't used my High Elf army since the end of 2008 - so I thought I'd dust them off and give 'em a try. Here is a 2250 game against some stunties.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-i7AGNLNc
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLsNbKf2x9k

BRETELF
01-08-2009, 07:02
Nice report, you should make this into more reports against more opponents.

Once Bitten
01-08-2009, 14:24
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if I understand you correctly ... yes, I've been making these slideshow batreps for (almost) all my games for the last few months. This was just my first game using my high elves this year. Bretonnians have been my 2009 army - and those reports are listed under "Bretonnian batreps on youtube."

It was fun playing my high elves again. I need to finish painting them; I got like 90% done, and then started Brets. Oh well, there's always something to do with this hobby.

StrangeGuy
01-08-2009, 18:09
Good report as always, nice to see some variety from your brets aswell. Are you gonna play a few more games with your high elves or was this just to try and do something abit diffrent?

willowdark
01-08-2009, 18:16
I'd like to see some more HE stuff, but I hope you work on your list.

One of the reasons I enjoy your BatReps so much is because I think your Bret list is highly optimized and well balanced. I'd like to see this HE list get the few tweaks it needs. Namely in the mage department. 1 Lvl2 seems a little weak, but that might just be me.

Nice report. I would love to see more HE but will look forward to some more Brets either way.

Once Bitten
01-08-2009, 18:34
Most of my games in the next month or two will be with Bretonnians because I'm in a campaign with them. However, I will try to pull out the HE every once in a while. I really do like that army. While it was nerve wracking not having a 2+ AS or a 5/6 WS, it was refreshing to have some leadership, better WS, etc.

I'll probably take out the Tiranoc chariot and lvl 2 mage and replace with 2 lvl 1 mages - probably with 3 scrolls and some kind of magic defense staff.

selone
01-08-2009, 21:45
Heya, I really enjoyed the game and it was nice to see you using High elves. The diagrams helped a lot explaining your ideas and I loved the before and after in the sword masters combat.
Fast cavalry are so good they can even infiltrate into games they're not chosen ;)

badgeraddict
03-08-2009, 16:32
I cannot wait to watch this battle report, as it may give me some much needed pointers with my own HE army. :)

Dungeon_Lawyer
03-08-2009, 18:06
nice report---"Shoots on my birdie" rotfl...I wont go there..

-on an (semi)unrelated topic I love those HE anti-dwarf magic items dated back to the war of the Beard---That cloak made of dwarf beards especially so-Anyone ever use it?

chippyman64
05-08-2009, 18:47
really liked it, maybe a touch to long but hey! twas all good good

Once Bitten
05-08-2009, 20:46
-on an (semi)unrelated topic I love those HE anti-dwarf magic items dated back to the war of the Beard---That cloak made of dwarf beards especially so-Anyone ever use it?

I agree, that item in particular is just hilarious. I never tailor my list for particular armies, so I've never seen the benefit of it. Plus, doesn't it make dwarfs both hate and fear me? Why would I pay points to gain fear-causing, when I also have to pay for it with my opponent's army hating me?

Once Bitten
19-12-2009, 13:00
So, I pulled out my High Elves for another game - and ended up playing the same guy I did during my only other High Elf video battle report. So, here's another War of the Beard battle.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpWhPWjVVE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/84321605#p/u/0/QT1-7d7C9Mo

selone
21-12-2009, 20:14
it seemed like a fun game but I don't think the dwarf player was never really in it. Do you normally shoot at dwarf crews? It seems unlikely to hurt anyone though you don't seem to have that problem ;)

Once Bitten
22-12-2009, 20:10
I always shoot at Dwarf crews! I was assuming that I'd be able to get flank attacks on the big blocks of troops, so killing off a few of them with shooting didn't seem that helpful. But, I was able to kill of the organ gun fairly early, which probably saved a bunch of my squishy elves, and then later got the cannon --- and I was able to make his quarrelers fail a panic test. So, my shooting this game was ok. Of course, in hindsight, 1 less rank might've made a difference in some of those combats. :)

selone
22-12-2009, 21:10
Yeah it mighn't have been too great shooting at big blocks of rank and file just what you have a 1/3 in chance to hit the crew, then 5's to wound :) I'd have shot at the missile troops too probably but good work thinning the war machines out early on :)

P.S I love the old style spearmen :D

Malorian
22-12-2009, 21:12
Nice battle and good work taking out the organ gun before it did too much damage.

Edit: and how old is your son? I mean this as a compliment but you don't sound that old that you'd have a son that can make army lists...