PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron of Blood in a unit?

kaubin
01-08-2009, 03:35
Im looking through the war machine rules right now, and I cant find any restriction saying that the Cauldron cant be in a unit. I was thinking about putting a BSB Death Hag in a unit of Witch Elves, and im wondering if there isnt something I missed, and exactly how that would work out for charging. Could they charge? Would they have to charge w/o the Cauldron if they were in range? Just curious if that can work, and how it would work. A unit with a Death hag and 3 Hags, 3 with a ward save seems pretty sweet :D

Shas'O Vash
01-08-2009, 03:46
I think that warmachines, and by extension Cauldrons of Blood, are independent units. You can't say, put a Great Cannon inside a unit of Empire Greatswords. The same should be said about Cauldrons of Blood. I can dig deeper into it if need be, but I'm fairly certain that is how it works.

Necromancy Black
01-08-2009, 03:50
Cauldron of Blood is a warmachine, and therefore may not be joined to a unit.

kaubin
01-08-2009, 04:03
I thought there would be a rule against that, I just couldn't find it black on white in the book. Your explanation makes sense though ShasO Vash, it's kind of like Black Guards and Cold Ones in the same unit.

Shas'O Vash
01-08-2009, 04:31
That's the basic idea. Units can't join other units.

Kalandros
01-08-2009, 10:43
There are rules for Characters on their own joining a unit and characters on mounts joining units.

There are no rules for Characters with Warmachines (Anvil, Casket, Cauldron) to join units thus one must assume he cannot.

Griefbringer
01-08-2009, 14:34
Pretty much the only type of unit that can join another unit is characters on their own.