PDA

View Full Version : Monster Reaction

Blaklabel
01-08-2009, 07:34
Okay, I got a Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider and he's going into a unit of spider riders. Today I was reading through the Monstrous Mounts section of the rulebook to remember the rules and I came upon an unanswered question. (Or at least I didn't find an answer.)

If my Warboss dies and the Gigantic Spider is still in the unit I'm assuming he still has to roll on Monster Reaction. But what I fail my Ld test what happens? If he becomes stupid, whimpers, or frenzies does he have to leave the unit since he no longer has a rider and is a monster? Or does the unit have to deal with his Uh?, Whimper, or Rampage! result? (i.e. making them Stupid, Unbreakable, or Involuntarily charge?)

Staurikosaurus
01-08-2009, 07:44
The second the rider is killed the mount ceases being joined to the second unit.

Necromancy Black
01-08-2009, 10:40
Exactly. Once the monster is no longer being ridden it becomes a normal monster and not a ridden monster, and must therefore be immediately moved out of the unit.

nosferatu1001
01-08-2009, 14:55
For reference see the BRB FAQ part 2 which talks about this situation. You must immediately remove it from the unit, meaning before you roll for Ld.