PDA

View Full Version : A few basic questions.

Dragune
01-08-2009, 09:17
1) Does a model with two hand weapons get +1 A? I think they would but I don't have the rulebook on me and not sure if its like 40k

2) When you flee from a combat do you run away from highest unit strength or is it just directly behind you? Pretty sure its highest unit strength but that may have been with fear or terror causing units.

3) Can fast cavalry move and shoot even if they're weapons are move or fire? Outriders may be different but we're just curious. (have a friend whose new to fantasy and the empire)

That should be it...thanks for any help. :)

PeG
01-08-2009, 10:20
1) Additional hand weapon gives one extra attack. This attack may be included in the profile if two hand weapons is standard for that particular model.

2) From highest Unit strength

3)No, but they should be able to rally and shoot in the same turn.

Dragune
01-08-2009, 10:21
Ok thanks for the clarification.

Appreciate it.

Milgram
01-08-2009, 10:48
3)No, but they should be able to rally and shoot in the same turn.

they can march and fire normal weapons. move or fire weapons work exactly as titled - also fast cavalry cannot move and fire with them.

fast cavalry that fleed as a charge reaction and rallies the next turn may move and fire as normal. however, they will count as moved after rallying, so they can't use move or fire weapons that turn.

if the fast cavalry flees for any other cause or rallies the second turn after the charge reaction, they may not move or shoot similar as any other unit.

This attack may be included in the profile if two hand weapons is standard for that particular model.

really? not one unit strikes my mind that has the extra attack in the profile - exept maybe forsaken which have stupid things included into their profile anyways. the hydra handlers e.g. have 3 attacks each, 2 in profile, 1 for two hand weapons.

Geep
01-08-2009, 15:36
1) Does a model with two hand weapons get +1 A? I think they would but I don't have the rulebook on me and not sure if its like 40k
Answers given above are right, but this one should be clarified- Mounted models do not gain the extra attack, unless the have some kind of special rule which allows this. This shouldn't come up much though- Only a few characters should have this as a possible option.

1) Additional hand weapon gives one extra attack. This attack may be included in the profile if two hand weapons is standard for that particular model.
Th only example I can think of here is something like a great eagle, where weapons are mentioned as 'Claws and Beak'. Usually this is followed by '(counts as a hand weapon)', but even if not this will not count as two hand weapons. To gain the benefits of two hand weapons, this equipment must be specifically stated.