PDA

View Full Version : Shodowblade- worth it?

chippyman64
01-08-2009, 17:58
Today i took Shadowblade in 2000 pts at 300pts he's one of the most expensive heroes around. He did ok, taking out a BSB and 3 wounds of a Bloodthirster. Would like to know others opinions (non DE and druchii playerrs.)

short but sweet. thanks in advance

Mullitron
01-08-2009, 21:08
Personaly i would say hes very situational, against some lists he can pop out and kill an essential part of an enemies list weakening the opponent early on soo much they can hardly recover. However because of his high cost he should really only be used if he is going to have that effect on the enemy list. Hes quite a fun character in the end which in my opinion is the main reason to choose a special character.

chivalrous
01-08-2009, 21:14
I've found he's brilliant against Orcs and Goblins for springing fanatics early.
if he jumps out of a unit of Goblins he tends to survive what ought to be a suicidal move.

That said, as an assassin build, I much prefer a regular assassin with Rune of Khaine and Touch of Death.

PeG
01-08-2009, 21:17
Against some lists he is definitely worth it. If you can for example use him to take out a VC general or a BSB carrying a key magic banner. On the other hand many other armies just doesnt care. WE are not dependent on characters like other armies and will probably shoot him to death the turn after his appearence, many horde armies dont have any characters that are expensive enough to be good targets, many Daemon characters will kill him etc. Taken together I wouldnt take him unless a very large game.

TheSanityAssassin
02-08-2009, 02:09
I can't stand having him pop up against my HEs. Any time I've seen him he's dropped my Archmage turn 2, and I've been blown apart afterwords.

Havock
02-08-2009, 03:48
many Daemon characters will kill him etc. Taken together I wouldnt take him unless a very large game.

It's a toss up really.
He can be your best shot at getting rid of nurgle heralds (KB>Regen) or skulltaker (KB>0+ asv)

The problem being that pesky 5+ ward, of course.
Of course, flamers are still considered infantry, right? :p

Von Wibble
02-08-2009, 12:39
Its a real shame he doesn't have rune of khaine. Apparently Khaine doesn't consider him as good a killer as Mr. Generic used by everyone assassin.

Very situational. Personally I'd rather just have 2 assassins instead but he can take out a wizard lord in turn 2 - that can be game winning.

PARTYCHICORITA
03-08-2009, 13:36
Shodowblade, lol

I would say only worth it vs dwarves with an anvil. Otherwise you are better of with a regular assasin.