PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points of lizardmen.

Blizzinam
02-08-2009, 20:39
These are not the lizards you are looking for. 1500 Pts - Lizardmen Army All-comers list.

1 Skink Priest @ 405 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Heaven
Plaque of Tepok
Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods
Skink Crew @ [0] Pts
Javelin

1 Skink Priest @ 125 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Heaven
Diadem of Power

1 * Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 163 Pts
General;Light Armour; Shield
Piranha Blade
Bane Head
Cold One

20 Saurus Warriors @ 258 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician

20 Saurus Warriors @ 270 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician and Champion

5 Cold One Cavalry @ 215 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Champion
5 Cold Ones

12 Skinks @ 60 Pts
Javelin; Shield

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Total Army Cost: 1496

Lordy
02-08-2009, 20:51
2 things i can see wrong:

1. You can't take extra hand weapons and magic weapons
2. You can't take 4 Saurus Cavalry minimum is 5, unless that is a typo

Blizzinam
03-08-2009, 07:17
1.Whoopsie.
2. 4 + 1 champion, its an army builder textout, fixed it now.

Kayosiv
03-08-2009, 10:27
I'm failing to see what the 10 units of Saurus warriors are supposed to do that the 2 units of 20 can't do.

You could do a lot of with points.

4 Teradons, pletora of uses

Salamander/Razordon Hunting pack for better shooting (you lack range)

A Scar vet on foot to be yours BSB or skink priest for a more robust magic phase.

A Unit of Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes or Chameleon Skinks.

Add a Kroxigar to that unit of Skinks so it can actually kill things.

Also, if you really really want to keep that 3rd unit of sarus, take away the spears and spend the points elsewhere. It is my experience that units of 10 NEVER reach combat unscathed and even at starting strength of 15 (what I usually run) they can only utilize their full 2X rank bonus for attacks about half the time, that's 10 points you can spend elsewhere.

Blizzinam
03-08-2009, 10:43
Honestly i just tossed them in as a remove on suggestion filler:P Ill probably take another skink priest.

Kayosiv
04-08-2009, 04:42
=) Good man.

Blizzinam
04-08-2009, 15:16
The one up there now is looking like a good final draft to me, more praise/criticism is required!

frogmen
04-08-2009, 15:52
i don't think theres anything wrong but it looks like a slow army easly crushed by a unit of heavy calv with fast calv support

Cutmasta114
04-08-2009, 17:44
@ frogmen--

heavy cav can have a surprisingly hard time with saurus, or the EoTG, or skink redirection. if he plays it right, he'll be fine.

the list looks pretty solid, although if you're facing war machine heavy people you may want to drop the second priest in favor of a unit of terradons--they are really great at smashing war machine crews, amongst other things.

Jetty Smurf
04-08-2009, 17:59
Just a question, why do you have your priest wielding the biting blade?

I'm pretty sure that skink priests can't take magical weapons, but even if they could I would consider it a waste of points.

Better off with 2 more skinks with those 10 points.

Also, I would swap the items on the priests, give the EotG priest the plaque of tepok, and give the priest on foot the diadem. The reasons for this are two-fold. If you want to guarantee those 2 extra DD then you can hide your foot priest in woods, behind a hill, etc. He may not cast many spells, but hes no longer there for casting spells if you are saving those dice ;) The priest on the EotG has access to more dice, as he is, for all intents and purposes a L3 wizard. Giving him the plaque just gives him that 3rd spell he deserves :) Also, the priest on the EotG and the steggy himself are warmachine targets. If you value those extra DD you will not give them to a large target who attracts even the prettiest of giant arrows and cannonballs ;)

Other than that, pretty solid list. I prefer to run my saurus in blocks of 18, but understand why you would want the extra. I would love to see terradons in this list (as I have them in just about all my lists) but I am not sure what to drop to fit them in.

Actually, I do know how you can fit in a unit of terradons.... drop the champs from the saurus and the CoC, drop 2 from each of the saurus blocks, and lose the blade on the priest. This gives you 90 points, exactly enough for a unit of 3 terradons.

Was not meant to be as long as this, but I hope it helps :D

Good luck!

Blizzinam
04-08-2009, 19:19
Thing is im building this on a battalion box and a stegadon so i dont have access to terradons yet, it is on my to buy list though, and the biting blade is going to be dropped for 2 skinks, i just randomed that one out there. Also i have always been a "ranks of five" kind of guy which is why there are twenty sauruses. And im not worried about warmachines, the only one in my gaming group is a rock lobber. Yes, ONE rock lobber. Ill probably go for that gear switch though, good thinking!

Oh, and it really helped! Thanks a lot!

Jetty Smurf
05-08-2009, 03:11
Happy to help :)

Understandable about the terradons. I recommend getting some as soon as you can, but they are rather pricey *grumbles about paying $28 per terry for a unit with min size 3*.

I would recommend 6x3 for the saurus though. Gotta love all those attacks. And they are still pretty maneuverable at 6 wide.

I wish I could say the same thing about war machines in my group, since my 2 main opponents are HE and Dwarfs. Even the HE always takes his mandatory 2 RBT's to every game, heh.

Oh, and make sure to give us plenty of juicy battle reports after your games :)

Blizzinam
05-08-2009, 06:33
Ill try out the 6x3 over 5x4 during my games. And yeah, those terrys cost like nothing ive ever seen!XD At least theyre cheaper then blood knights. Battle reports will probably be coming around, im gonna do them with pictures as well.

I remember i do have one dark elf army in the group which brings yet again one warmachine: the bolt thrower.

But keep a look out for the battle reports, will probably name the thread: "These are not the lizardreports you are looking for"