PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Daemons

crazywhiteboydance
03-08-2009, 12:52
Okay so this is designed for the competitive end of friendly play:

Herald of Khorne:
Jugger, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade (joins BC unit)

Herald of Tzeentch:
Power Vortex, (general, joins Horror unit)

Herald of Tzeentch:
Disc, MoS, FoTz

Blue Scribes

39 Horrors:
Full Command, Icon of Sorcery

12 Bloodletters

12 Bloodletters

6 Flesh Hounds

3 Screamers

3 Nurglings

3 Bloodcrushers

6 Flamers:
Pyrocaster

What do you think?

craskie666
03-08-2009, 20:12
more chessy than high end of friendly. drop the screamers and nurgling get more core chocies

Falkman
03-08-2009, 20:19
So the Screamers and Nurglings make it cheesy? :p
Those are two of the friendliest units in the list.

I'd say loosen up on the Flamers if it is designed for friendly play, 3-4 is enough.
Other than that I guess it's pretty decent, loads of magic though.

craskie666
03-08-2009, 22:54
there not chessy but pretty point less. mite aswell go all out on chesse

Jind_Singh
04-08-2009, 06:25
All right then, Deamons are here to see whats what

Okay so this is designed for the competitive end of friendly play:

Herald of Khorne:
Jugger, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade (joins BC unit)
very standard no-nonsense HoK build, it's pretty much etched in stone - beware the highelves and dwarf characters in challenges though, most are immune to fire attacks!

Herald of Tzeentch:
Power Vortex, (general, joins Horror unit)
I'd be wary of him as general - he has chance to miscast and die, so you lose 100vps - I know he wont get into combat but if he does....he's as good as dead so there goes the extra 100vps. otherwise a very standard build

Herald of Tzeentch:
Disc, MoS, FoTz

Blue Scribes

39 Horrors:
Full Command, Icon of Sorcery
thats a big unit!
12 Bloodletters

12 Bloodletters

6 Flesh Hounds

3 Screamers

3 Nurglings

3 Bloodcrushers

6 Flamers:
Pyrocaster

What do you think?

Well what I think is that this is a confused actual army selection - your special/rare choices are fine, lots of people moan that screamers are pointless but are they? What is so great about taking the obvious flamers/fleshounds - they get to be REALLY boring. Screamers look great as models and play fun - plus they can pull some cool tricks off
But were it is confused is with the core selections - you got this mega-horror unit which is a great spell caster but they suck in combat.
To back that up you have bare naked bloodletter units - who without ranks/fc/heralds are really quite tame
I would drop 1 fleshound and take out some horrors to beef up at least 1 bloodletter unit. Also the 2nd unit of 12 may as well be 10 strong, give the 2 bloodletters to the other unit.
Personally I'd also throw in the herald with them as he gives them hatred, he cant be picked out (look-out sir) wereas in the bloodcrushers he can be singled out by bolt-throwers, etc, and he'll soon be dead.
With all those HoT and Blue scribes you'll have more than enough magic - and the mega-horror unit is overkill. It'll play very boring as you'll just burn armies to death with magic - making for dull game nights. Reduce their number, upgrade at least 1 bloodletter unit to a combat unit (dont forget HoK on jugger takes up 4 models so you only need 16 bloodletters plus command to get 5*4 ranks).
I would even be tempted to run the horrors as 2 units - so you got 4 core units on the board - as the basic missle spell (D6+1 hits at D6+1 str) is amazing! And with 2 units you can burn 2 targets per turn - dont matter how many horrors you throw in one unit they can only hit 1 unit! Give them just a standard bearer with that cool icon that adds +1 to cast for 15pts!
Keep your specials/rares as they are - they will provide you with lots of strong tactical options against most foes.
Otherwise it's an ok army - not the most friendly list but not the worst out there either. Most armies will be able to give you a run for your money, but there will be games were you'll really make people cry when magic is pulled off just right - you'll be burning them left, right, and centre!

crazywhiteboydance
04-08-2009, 08:28
If you're gonna cry cheese then just don't even bother posting you're wasting my time & yours! I've used daemons since realm of chaos & I'm sick of hearing it, fair enough bandwagoners have given daemon players a bad name, but if you've nothing constructive to say DON'T!

Now onto those that've posted something constructive.

Yes there is a fair bit of magic here & most of comes from a level 4 sorcerer, but the thing is it wont stay a level 4. It's inevitable that the unit will take casualties & miscast ending up most likely a level 2 by end of game.

The Bloodletter units are meant to be small, they're there simply to protect the flanks of the horrors. The crushers & hounds will be flung at the enemy early on to create panic. The screamers will advance behind the hounds and whip out & back again with their slash attack. The Nurglings will scout ahead & be a simple nuisance unless they can find a whitless wizard or warmachine crew.

To be honest I was thinking of cutting down the flamer unit to get a standard on the crushers & perhaps an extra nurgling base or flesh hound.

Jind_Singh
04-08-2009, 08:58
forget standard - waste of points, the unit dies too easy and there will be a point were the standard is the last model alive - at that point your scared to charge him in on his own as once he loses you lose the 100vp, better to get a unit champ instead for the crushers.
You got enough hounds, upsize the nurglings, they are just amazing!

crazywhiteboydance
04-08-2009, 09:20
That's pretty much what i was thinking

dal9ll
04-08-2009, 22:20
IMO the Nurgling and Screamer units need to be larger or else lose them. 3 Nurglings wont last long and with 3 Screamers, youre better off just going for some Furies. I would also replace the Disc for Winged Horror, on both Heralds of Tzeentch too. Its a great way of a) keeping their magic missles in range and b) bailing when it looks like he might get charged by something scary.

As for the rest of the list, nothing seems cheesy to me. Youre not running a BSB, not all your Core units have Heralds in them, no GD's = not cheesy! I personally would split the Horror unit up into 4 10-man units for more dipsel dice but thats just me.

PS: Any Daemon haters out there can bite me!

crazywhiteboydance
05-08-2009, 08:01
PS: Any Daemon haters out there can bite me!

Solidarity Brother!

Jind_Singh
07-08-2009, 05:51
Solidarity Brother!

Amen!
I play deamons as well as O & G and Ive not been moaned at by anyone, no one 'hates me' but they all agree that deamons are bloody hard as nails.
Its all about how fair you play, and I always give the opponent a choice about if they want a 'fair' list or the ones on warseer that make people cry.
then it's all down to business!
Daemons look great as models, the army goes together really well, but their weakness is that theres so much great stuff that the darkside players can really go to town.
But enough!