PDA

View Full Version : 2250 HE campaign List

The_O
03-08-2009, 18:40
This army is geared to face a heavy magic or heavy character WoC. The bonuses I have obtained during the campaign allow me to field this army. Also, I am allowed 1 magic item up to 80 points that is "free" and thus will not count against my 2250 total. However im only allowed 4 magic items total.

Prince
w/ Star Dragon
w/ Dragon armor
w/ shield
w/ Star Lance
w/ Golden Crown of Atrazar
= 613

Archmage (Lvl 4), Prob Lore of Metal
w/ Great Eagle
w/ Vortex Shard (Free item)
= 310

Mage (Lvl 2), High magic
= 135

20x Spear Elves
=180

17x Archers
= 187

20x White Lions
w/ Full command
w/ Lion Standard
= 355

Lion Chariot
=140

10x Silver Helms
w/ Shields
= 230

Bolt Thrower
=100

Total = 2249

Ideally my white lions would hold in combat and then i could use helms/chariot to flank whatever they are fighting. Meanwhile my general can run around and fight his characters.
Any opinions about this list would be greatly appreciated.

BRETELF
03-08-2009, 19:23
I would say against warriors of chaos, ditch the silver helms for another lion chariot, and get rid of 7 archers. Idealy you want to march block his heavy stuff and weaken it with a bolt thrower or two. White lions are great though

The_O
04-08-2009, 02:38
If im only allowed 1 rare, would u take a bolt thrower or eagle?

TheSanityAssassin
04-08-2009, 04:21
with only taking one, go for the Eagle. 1 RBT is just not that functional compared to the march-blocking you get with the Eagle, and the ability to hunt light war machines.

I'd argue for getting 2 out of 1 rare choice given restrictions, as your list is losing out on 3 rare choices rather than just 1 for everyone else. The High Elf force org alteration is one of the stupider moves for GW recently....I agree it suits the elite nature of the force, but there are better ways to do it.

WhiteKnight
04-08-2009, 04:25
Yeah I have to agree with Sanity. One bolt thrower will not cut it in 2250. I'd say to have that eagle go for the closest war machine and knock it out! Drop 7 archers and the silver helms and put in the Dragon Princes. A good block of 5-9 w/banner of ellyrion could do work.

TheSanityAssassin
04-08-2009, 04:32
Yup. Seems like good advice there. I'm not huge for the big blocks of Cav, but if you want to run one, that unit of DP's is the way to go.

Also, as an aside, I need one of those old Eltharion *that never happend...shifty eyes* models.....I've taken to trying him on foot in recent builds...

WhiteKnight
04-08-2009, 04:34
yeah the eltharion the blind model is awesome. One of my friends have one but he says he'll sell it for $30. I could get more swordmasters for $30.

TheSanityAssassin
04-08-2009, 04:51
I had one at one point and sold it with my 5th/6th ed army....wish I had it back....

Slayerthane
04-08-2009, 16:10
It looks like you have 2 lord choices in your 2250 pt list. I believe you can only have one. Also your prince on dragon doesn't look like he has much in the way of protection. What does the crown do again? His armor save is only4+.

I would split the 10 silver helms into 2 units of 5. I've never heard much about archers but I don't play HE yet. Unless I'm playing dwarfs I never take much in the way of missile troops.

I would try to find the points to get another RBT, and maybe an eagle, but it all depends on how you plan on using your army. I'm not sure how much just one RBT is going to do. When I play fantasy, it's about multiple threats and multiple targets that my opponent needs to prioritize in taking out.

Can we still get the blind eltharion model? I always loved those rules.