PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing from two chargers - what happens?!

Odin
08-01-2006, 15:50
What do you do if you announce a flee reaction to a charge from two units? Particularly if they are coming at you from different directions. Do you flee from the unit with the greatest unit strength (like you would from a failed break test), or would you simply try to flee away from them both?

I'll give the example which prompted me to ask the question. There was a unit of Free Company with a Battle Standard Bearer, being charged by a Minotaur unit from one direction, and a unit of furies in the opposite direction. They announced a flee reaction, but we didn't know where they would run to. If they fled directly away from the Minotaurs (the highest unit strength), they would have been fleeing almost directly towards the furies, guaranteeing their demise. In the end we decided they would flee at 90 degrees from both chargers, but if either charger could reach them they would be caught.

Would appreciate your opinions....

Atrahasis
08-01-2006, 15:54
Have a good read of this thread : http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18801

It has a pretty in depth discussion of the situation you describe.

Odin
09-01-2006, 23:08
Cheers.

I've started reading it. There's never a nice simple answer is there?!

Tarax
11-01-2006, 14:32
No, there isn't.

There's also a thread on charge reaction, which might be usefull. Can't remember the topic though.