PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 Guidelines

Gonzoyola
03-08-2009, 22:19
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a place with some solid Guidelines for 2v2. In my local circle, we find it entertaining to throw the occasional 2v2 so we aren't all sitting around watching.

If you plan to comment, please reference things like, the bretonnians Kneeling to pray before a battle, and the effect that would have on multiple player turns.

Also I would like to keep this a post for solid information, and not personal conflicting interpretations and opinions on how it should be run

Thank you in Advance

Keller
03-08-2009, 22:46
If I recall correctly, the General's Compendium had rules for multiplayer games.

We run multiplayer games all of the time. Basically, each army acts independently of its allies, but all players go at the same time per side. For the case of army wide affects, such as Bretonnia, they may elect to go second, but only the Brets gain the blessing, of course. Magic spells are restricted to make sense as best as we can dictate; Undead magic only affects undead (no Vanhelsing those chaos knights!) and so forth.

I really like multiplayer games, since they give you a good combination of armies to fight with and against, which can greatly change the shape of the game. Its all for casual play in our group, so we don't worry about rediculous combos that can utterly own the game, instead everyone brings a list and we randomly decide teams.

Yrrdead
04-08-2009, 00:31
Here is a link to some suggestion for multiplayer games that I've used. Lots of good stuff on avain's site.

http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/scenarios/multiplayer.php

Spirit
05-08-2009, 00:46
Your best bet would be to look for the "conflict" tournament rules.

Possably only scotland that runs it, but the tournament is 2v2 and clears up pretty much all issues.