PDA

View Full Version : Bloodletters

Lothar Hex
04-08-2009, 18:19
Does anyone have any rules or suggestions for Bloodletters in Inq?

beef5570
04-08-2009, 19:54
the new(ish) FW Daemon Prince would make a nice bloodletter imo
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/khornedp1store.jpg
as for rules no idea:)

kaled
04-08-2009, 20:03
I'm going to be lazy and re-use my answer from the last time someone asked a question like this... sorry for anyone who's read it before.

There are rules for daemons in the 2004 annual. However, even a single Bloodletter ought to be a serious threat for most warbands. If I were GMing that game, I'd want it to be a titanic battle; one where the players are constantly thinking 'Will we be able to kill it in time?!' and half the PCs are bloodied and broken before they finally manage to defeat it.

Therefore I wouldn't bother working out a full set of stats for it, I'd just use my GM powers and make it up on-the-fly. Of course, I wouldn't tell the players that's what I was doing - I'd have some notes on a bit of paper and keep ticking things off whenever it took damage etc so they thought it had stats like a regular character; but what I'd actually do would be to make it tougher if they seemed like they were going to beat it too easily, have it start doing less damage if I thought it was going to overwhelm them too quickly and so on. That way there's no chance of a lucky shot killing it before it has chance to strike the requisite fear into the players, and you can make sure the players really have to work to destroy it. The better the player's strategies, the more chance of success I'd give them - if they did something boring like hide and shoot it in the back then the shots would patter off it's skin like rain, but if they did something cool and exciting then I'd be more likely to let their plan succeed.

If you do that, then you're going to get a really exciting, cinematic battle and the players will realise that taking on daemons is not for the faint hearted.

Lothar Hex
05-08-2009, 02:51
Thanks, thats cool

LazarusKing
05-08-2009, 03:15
I'll agree with Kaled. That thing should be a nightmare.

Model-wise, I made one from Be'lakor. Only real converting was adding a Collar of Khorne, and filling the holes where his wings went. It's not a terribly aggressive pose, but its imposing.

MarcoSkoll
05-08-2009, 23:28
I have to agree with Kaled... on the fly rules can have some real benefits for something like this.

I'll admit that a lot of my best GMing is pure trickery like he talks about.
Either pretending that what's made up on the spot isn't (by having a large stack of notes to appear to refer to), or vice versa.