PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitorial Stormtroopers

Lothar Hex
05-08-2009, 03:53
Does anyone have rules or ideas for Stormtroopers?

Also, I am looking for rules for hotshot lasguns/ hellguns.

kaled
05-08-2009, 07:29
There's a Fanatic article on them - see MarcoSkoll's sig. But I'm not a fan of it and there's quite a bit in it I disagree with (Stormtroopers having a higher BS than Astartes for one thing) so I'd just use the IG veteran profile instead if I were you and give them appropriate equipment.

For the hellgun I use the following profile;
Hellgun Type:Basic Range:J Mode:Single/Semi(2) Acc:- Damage:2D6+4 Shots:75 Reload:4 Weight:30
I've also seen ones with other range bands, modes, and damage (3D6 is a common choice). The recharging rules in the article seem like hard work given that lasweapons get loads of shots anyway.

Gen.Steiner
05-08-2009, 08:54
Don't forget that many Stormtroopers' hellguns are powered by a backpack mounted battery - that would, I think, give them a few more shots than 75... especially as a standard lasgun is only 60. I'd plump for the option of:

Backpack Power Source: Increase the number of shots from 75 to 120.

EDIT: The downside is that it'd be exceptionally difficult to reload; probably something like Reload: 6 or even more. Perhaps the backpack cables are retracted and standard power packs are used (30 shots from a normal lasgun pack, 75 from a hellgun pack)

kaled
05-08-2009, 09:13
Oh, ignore that Shots characteristic - it's a hold-over from when I did try the recharge rules. When powered by a backpack I treat it as having effectively unlimited shots (more than enough to last the length of a game); if it was powered from a standard lasgun power pack it'd get far fewer shots.

Gen.Steiner
05-08-2009, 09:17
That makes sense. I was tempted to say it should be unlimited, but it just seemed a bit too much.

And that from the man who routinely provides characters with five or six magazines of ammo for their main weapon, or even more... :p

Lothar Hex
05-08-2009, 15:26
Also, I just read in lexicanum that hellguns work on full auto. So perhaps it should have that option too?

kaled
05-08-2009, 15:52
I figure different patterns will have different modes. If you give yours a full-auto mode, then I would give it a finite number of shots and keep track of them properly.

MarcoSkoll
05-08-2009, 23:24
Also, I am looking for rules for hotshot lasguns/ hellguns.
As far as that goes, although you'll have to wait a bit before I release that section, I am penning such things as part of the "Revised Inquisitor Armoury".

And there will be more types of Lasweapon than you can possibly imagine, because most variants will be built modularly - pick one part off each of several lists, then combine the effects and stats each has to create your weapon.
There are thousands of possible combinations for the pistols alone.

Some types will be full-auto, some won't. It'll be your choice.

Gen.Steiner
06-08-2009, 13:37
Now that's an idea. Assault lasrifles here we come! mini-multi-lasers ahoy! etc :D