PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 pt tourny...1 lord or 2?

Eulogy2
06-08-2009, 12:47
so we have a 3k point tourny coming up in a month, and i plan on bringing my lizardmen to it. i did very well in my first tournament, placing second due to one brother forfieting a game to his other brother so he could have a chance at getting first place.

my biggest delima is at 3k, do i go for the second lord choice? i have a very solid and balanced 2250 slann list now, but if i toss a carny old blood in there it doesnt leave me much room for more troops and what not. im kinda leaning more towards a cold one riding old blood, but im not even sure i need the second lord.

whats your thoughts at 3k? 1 lord or two?

Keller
06-08-2009, 12:55
I always like having two lords when able, though it does tend to work better for some armies than others. I am not terribly familar with Lizardmen, so I will refrain from commenting on the specifics.

I would take 2 lords. If you are worried about points or comp-hits, just don't max out on heros. Maybe 2 lords and 2 heros? Simply upgrade one of your current heros to the lord choice? This is what I do with my Ogres; a Butcher simply becomes a Slaughtermaster, plus maybe a Hunter when I get to 3K points.

Unuhexium
06-08-2009, 13:01
I say go for it. Your opponent will be hard pressed to stop two lords where as one lord might get focused down. An Oldblood and a Slann might work nicelyl. Or two Oldbloods on Carnasaurs can cause some serious mayhem. Lizardmen troops aren't that impressive imo so go character heavy. I don't play lizardmen, but I fight them on a regular basis and the only thing in the army I'm affraid of are the Oldblood and Slann.

Eulogy2
06-08-2009, 13:13
there is no comp scores, but i dont run cheesy builds regardless. the thought of two slanns is temtping but i think itd be kind of a dick move:p.

Unuhexium
06-08-2009, 13:20
Yes, two Slanns would be a bit harsh no matter how much you hate your opponent. You can always take a Slann and an oldblood on Carnasaur to keep the army balanced.

Gaargod
06-08-2009, 18:07
Depends - are you taking stegs. Lizardmen troops aren't crazy expensive but EotGs/steg warspear chief are expensive as lords. So if you're taking a Slann and a couple of monstrous mount riding skinks. you're already paying a LOT into characters, so don't take the extra lord. However, if you're using say Slann, EotG and a scar vet, then maybe you can take that extra slann.

Dragune
06-08-2009, 18:44
Slann, Oldblood, and EotG might be a good trio to lead your army. I'd say go for both lords though. I think they would make a really good combination.

Jetty Smurf
07-08-2009, 04:38
I know you say it's a dick move, but taking a Slann with Metal and a Slann with Death would to me just sound like heaven.

Since there are no comp scores, and you want to win (presumably), 2 Slanns is the way to go in my opinion.

If you want to avoid cheese, then avoid taking 3 EotGs as well as your 2 Slanns. It's the combination of the Slanns and the multiple EotGs that seems to be the cause of most of the cries of cheese. This to me doesn't really make that much sense, since the priest on the EotG is pretty easy to kill, whereas the Slann is nigh on impossible. Add to that the cost of the EotG is similar to the Slann, and much less powerful. Nonetheless I usually take one, hehe.