PDA

View Full Version : Casket of Souls

KireEsuark
07-08-2009, 04:27
So i am a very new player to warhammer, obviously. I am currently building my tomb kings army i have over 2k points worth of unit however i am still confused over the casket of souls. Does the casket of souls count as a lord and a rare?...or does it count as a hero and a rare. Just wanna know because if the casket is a lord i wonder how effective it would been when chariots become special units since you cant have a tomb king. thanks!

Maoriboy007
07-08-2009, 05:17
So i am a very new player to warhammer, obviously. I am currently building my tomb kings army i have over 2k points worth of unit however i am still confused over the casket of souls. Does the casket of souls count as a lord and a rare?...or does it count as a hero and a rare. Just wanna know because if the casket is a lord i wonder how effective it would been when chariots become special units since you cant have a tomb king. thanks!

Its basically a upgrade for either a Lich Priest or Lich High Priest that costs a rare slot to use.

KireEsuark
07-08-2009, 18:22
so is the casket itself a lord or just a hero?

kyinpie
07-08-2009, 19:30
niether. you take either a high priest (lord) or a priest (hero) then you take the casket as an upgrade/equipment. the casket itself takes a rare slot only.

so if you take the casket with the high priest the unit would take 1 lord and 1 rare choice for them both. if you take the casket with the priest the unit would take 1 hero and 1 rare choice for them both.

so the casket itself is JUST a rare slot.

KireEsuark
07-08-2009, 20:41
ah okay thanks, so is there really an advantage to fielding the casket with a high priest over a normal one, since they are pretty much just tied down to the casket.

nosferatu1001
07-08-2009, 20:48
Not really: the high priest is a huge target as it says "hierophant on something with usually good visibility" and he can't even LOS from cannon. You can play the Flying High Priest so he can abandon it ig things get too rough :)

PeG
07-08-2009, 21:17
As nosferatu said, dont put your hierophant on casket duty since it needs LOS to lots of things to be useful meaning that lots of things can shoot/magic it. I have recently faced the casket two times with my WE and both games the casket died in turn 1 to the hail of doom arrow.