PDA

View Full Version : The return of the Horrible Dreams thread

Nid
08-01-2006, 23:44
So, what kind of horrible dreams hast ye had lately? Not necessarily scary or depressing, just as long as it wasn't a good dream.

Had a pisser of a dream last night where we learned that a law got passed that repealed some other law saying we only needed to take 2 years of junior high school (For other countries, thats age about 12-14, dunno your schooling systems) and that it was increased instead to 4 years. And everyone had to make up the lost time.

So I got sent back to the 7th grade. After finishing high school. And 2 years of college.

I wouldn't say this was so bad, if it werent for a dream's ability to just inpute feelings and emotions (how you just know things in a dream). It was just such a feeling of impotent Rage and a frustration at being forced to do it. I was planning ways to destroy the school when I woke up.

How bout y'all?

Ouroboros
09-01-2006, 00:17
I watched the entire Aeon Flux animated series recently and have been having some pretty warped dreams as a result.

The pestilent 1
09-01-2006, 00:20
Long story short, im now afraid of being attacked by snakes while on the Toilet.
:cries:

edit: Clarification

Icewalker
09-01-2006, 00:54
I'm in an awefully dark corridor. There are all these bodies of people hanging off the walls (all dead), many of them dismembered and dead, some hung dangling in mid air, others decapitated with the corpses strewn about the floor and aqueducts with running blood. I look forward ignoring all the dead people and the stench of death. There I am (looking like an old man with a big nasty grin on my face) sitting in some big chair, carving up my best friend with a blood-stained dagger.

Right next to the chair are 5 mangled and nearly skinless bodies. One is my sister, my mom, second best friend, dad and then the girl who I mentioned could be pregnant in another thread. Note, this is an old recurring dream. I can't stand the sight of them and myself and so I run up and take my zweihander and kill the older me. Then all the bodies disappear and I'm in the middle of nowhere.

then everyone I know starts screaming at me with all this discouraging stuff. It is like emotion flails lashing out at me. I start running, dropping the zweihander into the "water". the "water" starts leaping up, grabbing at my legs, burning my flesh. I look at the water and realize that it is blood. the leaping blood are arms, dragging me down into a massive pool of blood. I scream as they pull me completely under.

I stop trying to scream as I see a girl (an incredibly attractive at that too) smiling. Then she tears my face off.

that's generally where I wake up.

Piku
09-01-2006, 01:24
I dremt that the horrible thread about dreams had returned.

Eldacar
09-01-2006, 03:50
And luckily for me, I don't dream. Or if I do dream, I don't really remember my dreams.

Icewalker
09-01-2006, 10:29
And luckily for me, I don't dream. Or if I do dream, I don't really remember my dreams.
Same here. I'm an insominiac sadly enough (I'm 14 and can't sleep at night). *sigh* I need to learn how to do lucid dreaming (no not really).

Smoking Frog
09-01-2006, 10:43
Because I'm in a fun and sharing mood...

Last night I had another dream about a man who murdered children, not for money or because he was mental, but because he liked to bathe in virgin blood while watching reruns of his favourite sado-masochists. Naked. In blood.

Then he snapped and decided he'd tell his friends to go over to the next village and find as many women as possible, for an orgy of rape and bloodletting on that night.

Then I remember images of my girlfriend, the first real one I had, as she was torn up in front of me by these savages. I'll skip details to avoid scarring kids.

Then i wake up in a mess, from another rerun of that night.

I was in a fun mood before, now I just want a pipe, scotch whiskey and my favourite home grown pipe tobacco...

Hlokk
09-01-2006, 13:58
Nid having scary dreams :eek:

I thought your mind would have been scarred to the point of ireperability by now :p

My own horrible dream involves a 7 foot ferret chasing me round uni with a meat cleaver

Hideous Loon
09-01-2006, 15:13
My dreams often involve beautiful girls, with little or no clothes on... ;)

I don't dream very scary dreams, mostly weird or silly dreams. The worst one is, without a doubt, wearing an Arsenal uniform and being chased through a corn field by a ten foot badger, which is wielding a rubber chicken.

Grimtuff
09-01-2006, 16:09
Remember having one a couple of nights ago about where we got this creature as a pet, I imagined it looking something like a Border Terrier (incidentally the breed of our pet dog) with a "humanised" body (i.e. it stood on two legs) and it had knives for teeth.

Said creature kept biting me, but it did'nt hurt when it did, as it was just a playful thing it did.

What the hell did that mean? :confused:

One that my Dad had after seeing King Kong, he dreamt that a Gorilla that had no hair (so it was all leathery, like the palms of its hands) was knocking on our back door, he goes down to check and behind the Gorilla a huge plant tentacle thing comes through the door.

My Mum having one about an old man dragging our next door neighbour's kids up a hill in a rowing boat :wtf:

My family is warped. :p

Tanith Ghost
09-01-2006, 16:28
The clearest bad dream I ever had was dying in a depth charge attack.
The sub crash dives, going for serious depth, then everything goes dead quiet. From above come these faint 'tick' noises. A hused whisper of 'Spalshes'
comes from the corner. Then the explosions start, getting closer and closer, in twos and threes until an almighty bang caves in the room and I wake up.

Past that, theo nly nightmares I have involve being paralyzed, low flying planes, and fast drums.

Xhalax
09-01-2006, 22:33
I keep dreaming about going to work....and since I utterly loath and destest my job, I wake up in a cold sweat as if I was having an utterly hideous nightmare.

God I need a new job and a new life in the worst way. Preferably one that doesn't involve the general public and has me living on my own with nothing more high maintenance than a goldfish to look after and keep as company....God that sounds like utter bliss.

But other than work, I've never ever had a nightmare in my life. If I do dream about something that might be deemed scary, I always find a away to make it less scary in my dream. For example....Aliens, from the film Aliens coming to eat me. What to I do? I beat it to death with my shoe.
Humourous and totally obliterating any fear. I'm just that hardcore that i can beat 7 foot killer aliens to death with a trainer.

Hlokk
09-01-2006, 22:58
I keep dreaming about going to work....and since I utterly loath and destest my job, I wake up in a cold sweat as if I was having an utterly hideous nightmare.
If and when I get a job in HR, i'll get you a well paid, no stress job.

My other dream involves fish. Large angler fish. Im in the belly of one and all I can see is the light thing eery time it opens its mouth. Im in the belly, and theres a wooden table, a phone and a karma sutra book. I start reading the book and the phone rings, and of course, its Dale pissing Winton on the other end talking about sex. :eek:

Xhalax
09-01-2006, 23:04
And I'll hold you to that.....really. I will. I'd rather be doing almost anything that my current job......lamentably no one else wants to employ me...the swines!

Outcast995
10-01-2006, 00:46
gOt this dreamed that i had in June was in what i think was WW3( cause i looked between 18-20 so it was in the future) but it looked like the videos i ve seen of Vietnam so im with this other guy ( a freind i must have made dont know him in real life) so im standing fireing and i miss this one guy who then walks behind me (i know hes there) and shoots me and the guy im with. Then i go to heaven and the rest of my dream is me in heaven(i think its heaven) The buildings were al colorfull and i meet people i know in my life(my freinds and family) and people i dont know who claim to be my freinds and one that claims to be my girlfreind. so im wondering this happen to anyone else?

nanktank
10-01-2006, 01:01
I sometimes dream that I jump & fall from a skyscraper, the fall is quite exhilarating, but I always wake up just before impact...and find myself on the bedroom floor.

CommunistBrother
10-01-2006, 01:37
I constantly had dreams of drowning when I was younger. It's one of my most feared forms of death. The most common one involves an endless pier, a car with my fmaily in it with an RV trailer attached to the back. My brother's the only one in the trailer when the pier begins to collapse and the trailer goes down first. I jump out of the car and as I drown I watch my brother drown, then my mom and dad drwon after the car falls off the pier.

That's about the worst I've gotten. There was one where I dozed off during school and I had these horrible mental images of me systematicaly murdering all of my peers and then the teachers. Horrible dream.

jhorred
10-01-2006, 01:40
too bad I don't remember my dreams

C. Langana
10-01-2006, 01:47
I used to have a recurring dream about the evil painting from one of the ghost busters films.

According to the other half I once yelled 'The incredibles away!' and started to attempt to run whilst lying down during a very deep sleep.

Occasionally I wake up screaming and have no idea why.

bluetablepainting
10-01-2006, 02:29
I love to interpret dreams. Here's what I came up with that helps figure out what they mean:

Make three columns on a piece of paper: symbol, attributes, and reality. For each symbol in your dream write a few of the attributes that it has, then on the other side write what in real life has those attributes.

So, if you dream of a white bunny with venomous fangs you would write: white bunny (symbol) | appears innocent but is actually dangerous (attributes) | my girlfriend (reality).

I'm sure it's been thought of before, but there it is.

Shawn G.

Eldacar
10-01-2006, 02:33
So, if you dream of a white bunny with venomous fangs you would write: white bunny (symbol) | appears innocent but is actually dangerous (attributes) | my girlfriend (reality).
Can I say that I find that highly amusing? A girlfriend is a white bunny with venomous fangs...:p

I know it's only an example, but the humour is still there.

Tastyfish
10-01-2006, 02:37
Not had nightmares for years, though I did have them quite often when I was younger (13/14 I think) but they were very wierd and hard to explain - imagine feeling a pattern, following an object moving down and landing on a hard platform with a soft covering (like a brick in a felt coat or something). The moves along that before falling off the side onto another block and repeating this endlessly, falling off different sides of different blocks. You can't see any of this, just get a vague impression that it is there like the after image of something when you close your eyes and the feeling of touch as you follow the falling object along its path downwards.

Just couldn't sleep because I felt so terrified, without having any idea why which just made it worse.

Piku
10-01-2006, 02:43
gOt this dreamed that i had in June was in what i think was WW3

Hey I've been havin' the same old dreams,
But mine was a little different you see.
I dremt that the only person left after the war was me.
I didn't see you around.

Just bob.

Spangley Special
10-01-2006, 09:18
I dreamt that i was in a band and we were covering the Berzerker and i had to do the drum line on a pair of bongos... might not sound too bad but the berzerker use the most insane double bass pedaling i've heard in long time, it was really distresing as i couldn't do it and was letting the rest of the band down.

Also i have a recuring nightmare, its hard to explain the visual and audio aspect of it but its really just this incredabley strong feeling of malicious intent towards me, like there is some thing hugely powerful that wants to harm me, like the devil him self or something.

Darkseer
10-01-2006, 09:25
Zombies...

Why does it always have to be zombies?

I'll often be in a building somewhere, running like hell and the bastards are everywhere.

Then one will leap on my face and I wake up with a jump.

I've sort of gotten used to it and often fight them...until I get dragged down screaming. But it's the jump back to consciousness that always shakes me up.

Luke
10-01-2006, 09:55
i dont have bad dreams, just varying degrees of uncomfortable ones.

i dream at least once every night and my dream world is better than the real world yadda yadda (yes folks i am actually trying to find a way to comatose myself at will in order to live inside my head)

this morning i had 2 equally uncomfortable dreams involving one of my work places (the gym)

i work casual so they phone me up a couple of days in advance

THE DREAM: I wake up about 9 in the morning and go into the next town to do some shopping with a mate (no i aint gay) and were having a failry relaxed morning. suddenly i get a phone call from the gym asking me where i am! i realise in horror that i had written up on the calender that i was to go to to work at 6 am (the usual)! aaaargh! i had failed at work!

of course caus my dreams are so real, i thought i had really let work down.
so i woke up and cleared myhead before going to sleep again. at which point i had the exact same dream again

much like the time i won the lottery and felt the best i had ever done in my life.....till i woke up :(

Exterminatus
10-01-2006, 10:34
I had this dream that I was at work.
The phone rings.
I answer It.
I get sucked in the phone.
I end up at willy wonkas chocolate factory.
Where Willy wonka should be, there is a khornate bezerker.
He takes of his mask, and it is my girlfriend.
I am scared and jump into the lake of chocolate.
My girlfriend jumps after me.
I get out the lake and jump on a touring bus.
The bus needs to drive above 50 to avoid blowing up ( speed?? )
They are playing a game of chess in the bus, no one is driving.

Thats where I wake up. I enjoyed this dream, thats why I can remember it so well :)

Icewalker
10-01-2006, 10:44
I had this dream that I was at work.
The phone rings.
I answer It.
I get sucked in the phone.
I end up at willy wonkas chocolate factory.
Where Willy wonka should be, there is a khornate bezerker.
He takes of his mask, and it is my girlfriend.
I am scared and jump into the lake of chocolate.
My girlfriend jumps after me.
I get out the lake and jump on a touring bus.
The bus needs to drive above 50 to avoid blowing up ( speed?? )
They are playing a game of chess in the bus, no one is driving.

Thats where I wake up. I enjoyed this dream, thats why I can remember it so well :)
Sorry to say, but that is kind of funny. You're girlfriend a Khorne Berzerker: sounds rather suggestive.

Luke
10-01-2006, 11:07
you see there are dreams that are influenced by movies and the media. and then there are real dreams. the ones that must be influenced by another dimension or something.

you know what i think? That the "real" world is merely a figment of my own imagination. its so dumb, what god in their right mind would create such a wicked and cruel place as earth? my dream world is far more realistic.

Wiseman
10-01-2006, 11:10
my strangest dream i have had recently was that my room was being demolished, not my house, my bedroom, they were being very careful with the wrecking ball not to damage anything that wasnt in or part of my room.

C. Langana
10-01-2006, 13:21
Zombies...

Why does it always have to be zombies?

I'll often be in a building somewhere, running like hell and the bastards are everywhere.

Then one will leap on my face and I wake up with a jump.

I've sort of gotten used to it and often fight them...until I get dragged down screaming. But it's the jump back to consciousness that always shakes me up.
I get that one from time to time, its always surreal, the zombies can talk and I can never find a shotgun.

Tanith Ghost
10-01-2006, 14:19
you see there are dreams that are influenced by movies and the media. and then there are real dreams. the ones that must be influenced by another dimension or something.

you know what i think? That the "real" world is merely a figment of my own imagination. its so dumb, what god in their right mind would create such a wicked and cruel place as earth? my dream world is far more realistic.

Watching 'Das Boat' before bed might account for my death by depth charge dream then.

What god would make a world like this? A warped and sadistic one. The same type who puts out competeing religions for a yuk, and sets forth tyranical doctrines in sheeps clothing.

Or maybe the Archetect from the Matrix did it.:chrome: In fact the Matrix could be real and we'd never know...:skull:

TK421
10-01-2006, 15:02
I had a weird dream the other night.

I had a thin string that was wrapped around one of me teeth and I kept pulling on it and unravelling it until it came off. Somehow this cause all of my bottom teeth to bend forward and be all loose, as if they were about to fall out.
I kept going around showing everybody this and tried various ways to either fix them or pull them out and get them replaced but nothing worked.
Then I woke up :?

Luke
10-01-2006, 15:15
this one dream i had:

i was on the car park at my old work place (twycorss zoo) and as usual it was a summer evening dusk.
two of my mates were fighting each other with katanas. i tried to break them up but one of them (a mate that later turned out in real life to be a nob-head) sliced me 4 times across my stomach. and i could feel the skin sliding over each of the cuts, like a sharks gills.

Verminmistress
10-01-2006, 17:22
I had a dream a couple of nights back where my family decided that our golden retriever was too expensive to keep, and made me eat it... :(

Outcast995
10-01-2006, 23:48
I had this other one when i was little and i cant rember the dream thus that someone screamed the most horriable scream ive ever heard it was a mixture of all emotions, now ocasionnaly i will juts hear that scream inside my head it pisses me off and when ever i hear it i tried to rember who was screaming but i cant i think like my other dream i didnt even know who the person was who was screaming in real life.

Compyraptor
11-01-2006, 16:13
It's been a long time since I've had a scary dream. Instead all I get is a weird feeling all over my body, as if spiders are running all over me. The moment I feel that I wake up and check that there's none on me. Luckily there never is.

Most dreams I have are usually really weird and make no sense at all, but they're never scary or horrible, like this crazy Frankenstein dream I had a few months ago which I posted on here in the last dream thread. For some reason in most of my dreams a girl that like always seems to appear in them.

Crux
11-01-2006, 16:37
The most uncomfortable dream I've had in a while was one when I was watching myself from above. I was lying there, sleeping, and when I moved, I could both feel myself moving and see myself moving. Scary.

Oh, and I was listening to some voice speaking to me, but I can't remember that.

Luke
11-01-2006, 16:39
lol, i get voices when i'm awake, and i get hallucinations too. you shouild try em sometime :D

Outcast995
11-01-2006, 21:26
The most uncomfortable dream I've had in a while was one when I was watching myself from above. I was lying there, sleeping, and when I moved, I could both feel myself moving and see myself moving. Scary.

Oh, and I was listening to some voice speaking to me, but I can't remember that.
All dreams are like this becase you feel what happens in your dream but all dreams are in the third person impossible to have one in the first.

Crux
11-01-2006, 22:33
All dreams are like this becase you feel what happens in your dream but all dreams are in the third person impossible to have one in the first.
Yes, but this wasn't the normal dream perspective - I was above myself, just watching myself sleep. I could both see my movements, and feel them against my bed when I moved.