PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC

Zephel
07-08-2009, 11:30
I've only played about 10 games or so, and this is one of my attempts at a larger list. I just did some adjusting and am sitting at 2164/2250 and not sure what to do. And honestly not sure how strong this build is. I'm having issues with the exalted hero of Khorne (could be my tactics), and not sure if I should keep him or not.

Sorcerer Lord - 375
Tzeentch
Lvl 4, General
Infernal Puppet
Dispel Scroll x2

Sorcerer - 190
Lvl 2
Nurgle
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll

Exalted Hero - 245
Khorne
Juggernaut
Axe of Khorne
Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Knights x5 - 260
Nurgle

Chaos Knights x5 - 260
Khorne

Chaos Warshrine - 150
Tzeentch

Chaos Spawn x2 - 110

Marauder Horsemen 2x5 - 190
Slaanesh
Flails
Shields

Chaos Marauders x 15 - 104
Slaanesh
Musician

Chaos Warriors x 12 - 280
Nurgle, Blasted Standard (this is where I hide my casters)

This may be lopsided since the army I tend to play is High Elves. I'm trying to make a friendly list (though it's hard when all I play is HE). Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Myztyk
07-08-2009, 11:37
Just a thought...if all you play is HE, do you really need the flails on your horsemen? I'm assuming they are going to be used for hunting warmachines right? Spears would do the job and save you 10 points.

What's your vision for the Chaos Marauders? Right now they seem like wasted points to me. Kitted out that way, you're not going to be able to DO anything with them.

Is your HE opponent magic heavy? If not, 3 dispel scrolls feels like overkill to me.

Bauknefer
07-08-2009, 12:56
drop the axe of khorne for a flail. str 7 5 attacks is awesome and travel with the knight so they rack up CR too. then chances are you will win combat on first round

Unuhexium
07-08-2009, 13:34
Consider giving your Sorc.lord a disc. A bit of cunning movement can keep him safer than any bodyguardunit can. Unless your opponent has really heavy magic you can drop one or both scrolls from the lord and use the points to make him more resilient. Enchanted shield and Golden eye of Tzeentch is what i use for mine and it keeps him very safe.

dapredator66
07-08-2009, 18:38
Here's my two cents.

I've only played about 10 games or so, and this is one of my attempts at a larger list. I just did some adjusting and am sitting at 2164/2250 and not sure what to do. And honestly not sure how strong this build is. I'm having issues with the exalted hero of Khorne (could be my tactics), and not sure if I should keep him or not.

Sorcerer Lord - 375
Tzeentch
Lvl 4, General
Infernal Puppet
Dispel Scroll x2

Sorcerer - 190
Lvl 2
Nurgle
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll

Put these guys on steed if you can. 2+ Sv on a sorcerer is amazing for their survivability. 1 or 2 scrolls are enough with 5 DD and MR1 on the most dangerous knight unit. Some extra protection for the lord could be interesting.

Exalted Hero - 245
Khorne
Juggernaut
Axe of Khorne
Bloodcurdling Roar

Bloodcurdling Roar is not useful. You want his line of sight block until the very last moment. That's why you need 2 units of 5 hounds in front of him (make him the general). If the guy is with the Khorne knights and they got baited for whatever reasons your last trick is to declare a charge with the hero only... your frenzied unit will not be able to declare a charge.

Axe of Khorne is great but get a shield also. My personnal favorite is Enchanted Shield and Glaive of Putrefaction. -1Sv means 2+Sv against S6 attack... The Glaive should cripple any though opponent you face, even if he kills you.

Chaos Knights x5 - 260
Nurgle

Chaos Knights x5 - 260
Khorne

Banner and musi have been paid I guess. You could use Banner of Rage instead of Khorne.

Chaos Warshrine - 150
Tzeentch

Consider also Slaanesh instead of Tzeentch.

Chaos Spawn x2 - 110

Marauder Horsemen 2x5 - 190
Slaanesh
Flails
Shields

You can't use shield and flails at the same time. Use light armour instead.

Chaos Marauders x 15 - 104
Slaanesh
Musician

Not enough models to really make a difference. Since you seem to have used light armour + shield you should try to go for 4x5 or 5x5. Otherwise go for 2x5 or 2x6 and use flail, great weapon or nothing.

Chaos Warriors x 12 - 280
Nurgle, Blasted Standard (this is where I hide my casters)

I would combine mark of Tzeentch with Blasted Standard.

This may be lopsided since the army I tend to play is High Elves. I'm trying to make a friendly list (though it's hard when all I play is HE). Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Other comments:

Your magic phase should be good, but if you want more, just find a way to get Book of Secret (on the lvl2), Banner of Wrath (Warrior unit) and Rod of Torment (the lord?).

Your nurgle knights could use the war banner.

Zephel
08-08-2009, 00:00
Thanks for all the great advice guys. I tried a modification list based on comments today, and made some more adjustments. The game was a massacre for the outcome (only my second win). Had some help on maneuvering from a more experienced player and found out how important that is! The larger block of marauders MORE than made a difference as he got unlucky with a chariot, which ran from them into white lions, which I proceeded to flank charge with the marauders. Anywho, here's the new list:

Sorc Lord Lvl 4, Tzeentch on a Disk - 395
Dispel Scroll, Infernal Puppet, Golden Eye

Sorcerer Lvl 2, Nurgle on Chaos Steed - 206
Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar

Exalted Hero of Khorne on Jug - 215
Enchanted shield, Glaive of Putrefaction (not sure on this, only useful against something that actually LIVES through my first round of combat)

Marauder Horsemen of Slaan 5x2 - 180
Light armor, flails

Chaos Knights 2x5, one nurgle one khorne - 520

Chaos spawn x2 - 110 (LOVE spawn, so useful)

Chaos Warhounds 2x5 - 60

Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh 25 - 172
Shields, light armor, music, standard

Chaos warshrine of Tzeentch - 150
-- still like this how it is, but need to be more aggressive with it after getting good EoTG rolls. It's a doozie to hurt, and after I get what I want on the rolls, a waste of space otherwise IMO.

Unuhexium
08-08-2009, 13:19
Unless you fight greater daemons (and maybe OK) on a regular basis I wouldn't bother with the glive. Take something that actually helps him kill stuff. The Axe of Khorne or Runesword is a pretty good deals for example. I've also had tons of fun with the Filth mace.

dapredator66
18-08-2009, 19:16
Unless you fight greater daemons (and maybe OK) on a regular basis I wouldn't bother with the glive. Take something that actually helps him kill stuff. The Axe of Khorne or Runesword is a pretty good deals for example. I've also had tons of fun with the Filth mace.

But the enchanted shield makes a difference in survivability. You could drop the Glaive for a simple flail. It might prove to be useful and do the job against heavy cavalry and chariot (only take it if you are certain you won't need -1Sv).

--- EDIT ---
Actually, the BSB upgrade could prove to be a lot better than the Glaive for the same points.