PDA

View Full Version : challenge rules query

kyinpie
07-08-2009, 11:59
i use tomb kings, usually my tomb king/prince is on a chariot. i have been cought out a few times by the enemy calling a challange and i have been forced to except, which is fine. the question is, can the enemy direct his attacks at my chariot? as the chariot is weeker and the save is usually negated! this is giving the enemy very easy combat res.

i was sure i read before that during a challange you could only attack the charecter and not the monstrous mount/chariot. i have looked for this rule and i was unable to find it, have i made this up or is it i just cant find the rule?

thanks

Necromancy Black
07-08-2009, 12:06
They can attack the chariot. The chariot is part of the challenge.

The only difference for chariots is that the mounts pulling the chariot can attack but any crew on the chariot can not fight.

This doesn't matter so much for TK as I'm pretty sure you don't have crew on the chariot with a TK character (I think).

kyinpie
07-08-2009, 12:09
thats right, thiers no crew on the TK chariot!

cheers, i have no idea where i got that from then. something to bear in mind when charging!

EvC
07-08-2009, 13:15
Yeha, if you're really worried about it you can always give the Chariot 5+ ward and immunity to instant death with a magic item.

kyinpie
07-08-2009, 19:25
yeah i was thinking that! maybe that item is worth taking after all! i could have sworn i read it tho! nevermind mistakes happen. thanks for the quick responce guys.

EvC
07-08-2009, 21:06
No prob, check's in the post ;)

Yrrdead
08-08-2009, 18:55
What I believe you are recalling is the following from the BRB FAQ part 2.

"Q. If a character is riding in a chariot and becomes engaged in a challenge, may enemy models in base to base contact with the chariort, (but not engaged in the challenge) strike at the chariot?

A. No, they cannot , just like the crew of the chariot cannot attack them. "

Which very clearly does not disallow attacking the chariot by the challenger's as EvC has pointed out.

kyinpie
09-08-2009, 23:46
i think your right Yrrdead, i must of miss read that then! either way i know now! :) thanks again guys!

kyinpie
24-10-2009, 01:58
sorry to bring up an old thread, it seemed silly to start a new one.

when in combat or a challange whilst mounted on a chariot, do u use the charecters WS at any point for the chariot? more so when the enemy stricks the chariot.

i always said no, it has its own WS, but a mate swears black and blue that you do. i have looked it up and found nothing to support this, can anyone confirm this as true or false? i still think its faulse, but thought i'd ask anyway!!

EldarBishop
24-10-2009, 02:14
NO! The character model(s) fight with thier WS, the mounts (pulling the chariot) fight with thier own WS, etc.

The model(s) attacking the character compare vs the WS of whichever model they are attacking (ie. the Character or the Chariot).

kyinpie
24-10-2009, 18:54
thought so!! thats how we always did it, but he said that! cheers! :)