PDA

View Full Version : Gem of Blood and challenges

Gokamok
07-08-2009, 12:40
I had an interesting situation arise in a game some time ago. My Wight King BSB was fighting a challenge against a Skaven unit champion, and the Skaven wounded my BSB and got killed by the Gem of Blood.
Question is, would the Wight King be allowed to attack in order to generate overkill wounds in the challenge, or is he stuck at just doing 1 wound because the rat committed suicide?

vahouth
07-08-2009, 12:52
I think that once the opponent is dead, you cannot attack back.

Spirit
07-08-2009, 12:56
Yes you would be able to attack to gain overkill, just like a lord on a dragon, if the lord kills the champion, the dragon can attack for full overkill.

Arnizipal
07-08-2009, 13:09
Yes you would be able to attack to gain overkill, just like a lord on a dragon, if the lord kills the champion, the dragon can attack for full overkill.
Not true according to RAW. The challenge is over as soon as one combatant dies. If mounts/riders haven't fought by that time, tough luck. We had a discussion about that here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1838424#post1838424) (ignore the killing blow bit - that issue has thankfully been put to rest).

That said, in my group we play the way you said Spirit. Feels more right that way even though there are no rules to back it up.

EvC
07-08-2009, 13:17
I don't think that's really right. As the challenge rules state, when combat is worked out, the two fighters' attacks are resolved against each other, which would mean that overkill is possible and indeed must happen, as you must attack during combat. So if the Wight King didn't get to make his attacks, it would be a general protection fault and the game would crash ;)