PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back my Tomb Kings

vinny t
07-08-2009, 15:57
So, after a long break from my tomb king army, I have decided to start 'em up again. Now, I love the Bone Giants despite them being "ok" on the table, and, already having named them, "Apple" and "Cobbler", I have decided to use the fruity duo in a somewhat competative army.

Here is Draft number 1.

Tomb King with Destroyer of Eternities and Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest with Cloak of the dunes and dispel scroll

Liche priest with Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest with Staff of Ravening ( I haven't decided where to put this guy, and have 170 points to play with.)

2 Tomb Swarms

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

20 Skeleton Archers

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

23 Tomb Guard full command Icon of Rakaph

Bone Giant "Apple"

Bone Giant "Cobbler"

So, any advice?

Red_Duke
07-08-2009, 16:13
Make the priest with the cloak your heiro, and swap out the scroll for the jar. 2nd priest gets 2 scrolls. I'd have your ravening priest on a steed.

Personally id get a unit of 5 carrion for some tasty warmachine hunting and also marchblocking - given your army isnt the quickest, being able to control the enemies movement to a degree will help even the odds a bit on that score.

Id generally split the archers into 2 units, as a unit of 20 is a bit unweildy, plus fairly difficult to get them all to shoot at anything but large targets.

I'd suggest banners on the chariots, and swarms work better in units of 3 i'd say.

Red_Duke
07-08-2009, 16:14
Oh, and any reason for 23 tomb guard rather than a round number? (like 20 or 25) or just extra models/spare points?

Enigmatik1
07-08-2009, 17:48
He has an odd number of Tomb Guard because he intends to plop is Eternity-Destroying King in the unit, I think.

I like the list over all. I especially like how you don't have any SSCs. Don't get it twisted, SSCs are awesome (as are Scorpions) but I always approve when people try things outside the proverbial box.

I especially approve of the Carmen Miranda duo in the Rare slots. I'd try it, if I weren't in love with the Casket of Souls.:skull::skull::skull:

lord opium
08-08-2009, 19:16
take hieratic jar on your flying priest, its very useful

leighr3029
09-08-2009, 02:24
iŽd drop the swarm to just 1 base rather than 2. I think it is just as effective at taking out warmachines/march blocking the enemy for half the points.

put both foot priests on steeds. doubles their speed for only 8 points. very important as they need to stay alive. also means they can stay up with your army as it is generally faster than 4š

I like the skellie archers in units of 20 provided you have a full command. after shooting you can reform and be a solid(ish) combat unit. not going to win against fully ranked unit but will survive long enough to beat down on them with something else. if you have them there solely for shooting though then yes minimum sized. it may suit this army best for them to be two minimum sized support shooting unts

carions would also be a helpful addition

pfishy98
09-08-2009, 02:53
no hieratic jar?! thats a rash decision. i would never go to battle without it. well i wouldnt, if i played tomb kings.