PDA

View Full Version : Grand Army of Gondor, please c&c!

Lord Hurin
07-08-2009, 20:28
Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan, but having more Warhammer players at the local store, I figured I'd go for the best of both worlds: LoTR fluff for a Warhammer army!

Characters

Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth - 302pts
Grail Vow, Virtue of Heroism, Barded Warhorse, Shield, Heartwood Lance, Armour of Agiluf & Holy Icon

Faramir, Captain of Gondor - 150pts
Virtue of Duty, Barded Warhorse, Shield, Lance, Cuirass of Fortune & Mantle of Damsel Elena

Adaril, Carrier of the Swan-Banner - 159pts
BSB; Virtue of the Ideal, Barded Warhorse & Valourous Standard

Elphir, Son of Imrahil - 100pts
Paladin with Virtue of Empathy, Enchanted Shield & Sword of Might

Core Units

Swan Knights of Dol Amroth - 226pts
8 Knights of the Realm with Full Command and Banner of Chalons
<Adaril goes here>

Knights of Minas Tirith - 201pts
8 Knights Errant with Full Command and Errantry Banner
<Faramir goes here>

Minas Tirith Outriders - 127pts
6 Knights Errant with Cavalier and Musician

Men-at-Arms of Dol Amroth - 137pts
24 Men-at-Arms with spears, Warden and Musician
<Elphir goes here>

Bowmen of Morthond - 160pts
2x 10 Skirmishing Archers with Braziers and Musician

Special Units

Mounted Rangers - 97pts
6 Mounted Yeomen with Musician

Mounted Rangers - 97pts
6 Mounted Yeomen with Musician

Rare Units

Prince Imrahil's Retinue - 238pts
6 Grail Knights with Musician
<Imrahil goes here>

1994 Points Total

Jind_Singh
08-08-2009, 06:40
Are you going to use the same colour schemes as well for the army - blue and white for the swan knights and silvers for the reg. dudes?
Suprised to see no stone thrower (cant remember what the brets call their version) as it would fit with your themed army (Gondor has those great hulking versions on Minas Tirith) and it would add a much needed armour save remover to your list.
I take a rock lobber with all my O & G lists and it's never let me down - ignore armour save is too good!

Lord Hurin
08-08-2009, 10:03
Are you going to use the same colour schemes as well for the army - blue and white for the swan knights and silvers for the reg. dudes?
Suprised to see no stone thrower (cant remember what the brets call their version) as it would fit with your themed army (Gondor has those great hulking versions on Minas Tirith) and it would add a much needed armour save remover to your list.
I take a rock lobber with all my O & G lists and it's never let me down - ignore armour save is too good!

Yep, it'll be a pain in the **** to paint all that white barding though:cries:

I couldn't find room for the Trebuchet (which is funnily enough what the Gondorian stone thrower is classed as too) and the model ia damned expensive. Still though, I DO hear a lot of good things about it, so maybe I'll drop some equipment from the characters.

grissom2006
08-08-2009, 10:21
You may want to move this to the LOTR forums and not have it in the Warhammer one

Wednesday Friday Addams
08-08-2009, 10:24
You may want to move this to the LOTR forums and not have it in the Warhammer one

You do realize this is a warhammer army list?

Lord Hurin
08-08-2009, 10:53

Erm... it's Bretonnian army. You'll notice this if you read it carefully. Unless you honestly think that the Ring'ers will know the WFB ruleset better than the people in tis forum :P

grissom2006
08-08-2009, 17:06
The title of the thread may of been titled then like Brettonnian themed LOTR army save on a person thinking it's in the wrong place as it is i apologies.

Lord Hurin
09-08-2009, 10:16
Nothing else? Is the title really that misleading?