5x tunnel runners @ 85 pts
[two poisoned handweapons]
29x plague monks @ 292 pts
[two handweapons, musician, standard bearer, umbranner, plague deacon]
Rare Units
6x plague censer bearers @ 102 pts
[plague censer]

Total: 200 models @ 1996 pts

Point of the armylist is to keep enemy magic at bay for two turns, in which I'll swarm towards my opponents side of the battlefield. Usually they don't come to me, so I'll come to them and I guess to have the right amount of models in the army to suck up some casualties. So, any comments and/or tips would be great!

Greetz

Danger Rat
09-01-2006, 14:42
Overall it looks quite good definitely meets the swarm criteria, whats your plan for the ratling guns and warpfire thrower as potentially they will either be left to fend for themselves after 2 turns or will have done nothing for two turns as they march forwards with the rest of the army. Id be tempted to replace them and get say a rat swarm for holding up your opponents best close combat units or some rat ogres to support one of your clanrat units

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
10-01-2006, 15:46
whats your plan for the ratling guns and warpfire thrower as potentially they will either be left to fend for themselves after 2 turns or will have done nothing for two turns as they march forwards with the rest of the army.Within one turn of gaming, I'll most likely have reached the 15" range of the ratling gun (though the warpfire thrower might be able to shoot a little further). Once there, I'll leave them on positions where the flank/ rear of my clanrat units could get exposed. Should they run away eventually, I estimate they'll be away far enough not to panic any units that I might need later on in the battle.

Id be tempted to replace them and get say a rat swarm for holding up your opponents best close combat units or some rat ogres to support one of your clanrat unitsIf I'd replace them, I'd lose my shooting potential and thus a little psychological warfare. Even in 2000 points armies, people seriously fear flanking units, where they'd face a ratling gun (or warpfire thrower). Should I drop them, I not only lose protection on my flanks, but also an easy way to dwindle some units in strength without having to draw my units into a battle of attrition.

Greetz

Danger Rat
11-01-2006, 11:31
Fair enough I can see what you are getting its a good way of discouraging flank attacks! id personally take 3 ratling guns instead of 2 and a warpfire thrower but thats just my preference of ratling guns over warpfire throwers

Skitter-Squeek
13-01-2006, 01:03
Would be heresy not to take a warpfire thrower in a skaven army... Such a huge part of the fluff and army plus its a badass weapon to kill things with.

Teach
05-03-2006, 09:05
Do the cencers have an impact? And 30 plague monks? The plague monks are protected from shooting by the censers, banner and/or slaves so you could lose some of the numbers and maybe take a different banner. More points for swarms.

patataman
05-03-2006, 13:30
Like you army :D but I prefer the baner of the burnin hatres for the plague monk but that a personal thoug

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
05-03-2006, 15:47
Well, my opponents know how scary the plague monks can be, so the monks usually turn into a big fire-magnet, which explains the umbranner.

Greetz

fubukii
05-03-2006, 16:48
Tooled up monks with a priest are a pretty dam good combat unit, overal i like the list man, only thing is the slave units are a little small

Verminmistress
05-03-2006, 17:03
And 30 plague monks? The plague monks are protected from shooting by the censers, banner and/or slaves so you could lose some of the numbers and maybe take a different banner. More points for swarms.
Speaking as someone else who regularly fields 30 Plague Monks, I find it useful to have a big number because (unless you're playing against another horde army), they'll probably outnumber the enemy in combat, and so are less likely to lose and have the frenzy beaten out of them.

patataman
05-03-2006, 18:42
Well, my opponents know how scary the plague monks can be, so the monks usually turn into a big fire-magnet, which explains the umbranner.

Greetz

ye that is true xD:D :D you re right and have a point

Ganymede
06-03-2006, 01:28
This list is actually very similar to my 2250 point skaven army.

It is quite a nice build, though I would try and scrape 90 points for two rat swarm bases.