PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Icons as Magic Items.

Scallat
08-08-2009, 15:33
The Daemons of Chaos errata document states that Daemonic icons are magic items and should be treated as such. Does that mean you can only take each daemonic icon once per army? I hope so because nothing says cheese to me more than three units of bloodletters with +D6 charge range.

theunwantedbeing
08-08-2009, 15:47
The Daemon FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1860434_Daemons_of_Chaos_FAQ_2008.pdf) answers this question.

They're magical items in all respects, except they arent "magic items" so cant be destroyed and such.
You can have as many as you want of them in an army, just not multiples on the same model.

Very simple, somwhere in your thought process you've overcomplicated it and got confused.

Scallat
08-08-2009, 16:17
The Daemon FAQ was what prompted this question in the first place I found it a little unclear. It says that they're magic items and then references the page in the Daemons army book that has the rules for Daemonic Gifts which, of course, are not magic items. So they are but they arn't.

nosferatu1001
08-08-2009, 16:21
They are magic items and they are not magic items at the same time. It's a stupid FAQ.

I would guess the intent is that they should be unique items, however this is supposition on my part.

Drachen_Jager
08-08-2009, 17:09
I don't think the last sentence in the FAQ is irrelevant, Icons are not gifts, that is clear, so the last sentence is only an aside.

Sarah S
08-08-2009, 17:57
My hypothesis is that they simply mis-wrote "Magic Items" when they meant to write "Daemonic Gifts."

The sentence makes a lot more sense, particularly when the page number they are giving points to the Daemonic Gifts page in the DoC book.

Zilverug
08-08-2009, 18:57
I would guess the intent is that they should be unique items, however this is supposition on my part.

I would guess about a quarter of the developers' intent was that they would be unique (and classified "magic items") and the intent of the remainder that they wouldn't be unique, like "daemonic gifts".

Khorneflakes
08-08-2009, 23:44
intent.....GW......intent.......player, not a good mix