PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Lizardmen

MooseWarrior
09-08-2009, 00:34
This is my a list I just made and I wanted to know what people think of it. Tell me exactly where I will struggle. I will only have 1 Engine, because I don't even have it yet, and I'm only going to buy one Steg box.
Well here it goes:
Slann - BSB, Focus of Mystery, Becalming, Focused Rumination, Totem of Prophecy, Cupped Hands, 2 scrolls
Oldblood - LA, Blade of Revered Tzunki, Enchanted Shield
Skink Priest - Lvl. 2
Skink Priest - EotG, Lvl. 2
20 Saurus - HW, Full Command
18 Saurus - Spear, Full Command
10 Skink Skirmishers - Champion
3 Swarms
6 Chameleon Skinks - Champion
5 Kroxigor - Champion
16 Temple Guard - War Banner, Full Command, Firefly Frog Venom
3 Terradons - Champion
2 Salamanders - Extra Handlers

12PD 7DD

I have no Cold One Cav, and most likely won't be getting any soon. I have a basic Steg, and am going to buy the new one, for the engine and free characters. I also have an Carnosaur and another foot priest, but other than that, this is all I own. Tell me what I will struggle against, and point out where I can improve the list. Tear it down completely if you want to. :D

Ultimate Life Form
09-08-2009, 01:16
I like this list; it pretty much resembles my own. If you want to increase performance though, here's my advice:

Your various Skink units (including Terradon) don't really need a champion. All you get is +1 BS, and considering the real strength of your shooting lies in the poison anyway, I wouldn't bother. Also in case of close combat they do not really contribute much.

Also, swarms in general are very bad and highly overpriced for what they do; this is mainly due to the stupid trampling rule in the BRB. Rarely do I see a list including swarms, and the general consensus is that at least Bat Swarms and Rat Swarms are so bad they're best left at home. In my opinion, this is also true for the jungle swarms. If only they'd at least count towards core...

With the points you saved, you can get some nice equipment for your naked Priests. May I recommend Plaque of Tepok and Glyph Necklace for the Engine of the Gods, for example. Also additional Scrolls never hurt.

MooseWarrior
09-08-2009, 15:26
Ok here's a revised list:
Slann - BSB, Focus of Mystery, Becalming, Focused Rumination, Totem of Prophecy, Cupped Hands, 2 scrolls
Oldblood - LA, Blade of Revered Tzunki, Enchanted Shield
Skink Priest - Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll
Skink Priest - EotG, Lvl. 2, Plaque of Tepok, Glyph Necklace
20 Saurus - HW, Full Command
18 Saurus - Spear, Full Command
10 Skink Skirmishers
2 Swarms
6 Chameleon Skinks - Champion
5 Kroxigor - Champion
16 Temple Guard - War Banner, Full Command, Firefly Frog Venom
3 Terradons
2 Salamanders

12PD 7DD, 3 Scrolls

Personally I like swarms. If you can get a charge with them 15 poisoned attacks can beat down many things, especially with a supporting unit. But 10 will do in this. I'm thinking of tossing the Oldblood in with the Temple Guard, for a big nasty unit. Although now I'm thinking of dropping the Totem of Prophecy or War Banner for the Sun Standard.