PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves, Hag Graef style 2000pts

Dai-Mongar
09-08-2009, 04:06
Well, here's my first shot at a DE list themed around Hag Graef.

Supreme Sorceress - 360
Level 4, Black Staff, Lifetaker, Null Talisman

Malus Darkblade - 275

Master - 148
BSB, Banner of Hag Graef, great weapon, heavy armour, Sea Dragon cloak, repeater crossbow

24 Dark Elf Warriors - 183
Shields, full command

Shields, full command

5 Dark Riders - 92
Musician

5 Cold One Knights - 235
Full command, Standard of Slaughter, Deathpiercer

5 Cold One Knights - 225
Full command, War Banner, Ring of Hotek

5 Shades - 80
Additional hand weapons

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers - 200

The CoKs, Shades and Malus are in for fluffiness. The lack of shooting could is a little disconcerting, but I like the hitting power of the cavalry.
Thoughts, suggestions or savage criticism? Fire away!

Dark14
09-08-2009, 04:34
hag graefs the city of exicutioners and all things khainite. Try taking crone witches for core a unit of exe's malus w/5cok or so. To make the exe usefull take a death hag bsb with either asf or hydra banner.

Dai-Mongar
09-08-2009, 04:36
hag graefs the city of exicutioners and all things khainite. Try taking crone witches for core a unit of exe's malus w/5cok or so. To make the exe usefull take a death hag bsb with either asf or hydra banner.

Nope, that's Har Ganeth I'm afraid.

shredshredxx
09-08-2009, 10:35
i'm a sucker for theme armies, so i'm liking this list.

nice job taking eldire as your lord :p

2 units of cold one knights should be quite fun

my only question is this; how do the shades fit in fluffwise??

i'm pretty sure the only time malus ran into shades was when they were trying to kill him.

mayhaps drop them and lifetaker, since the sorceress shouldn't be focusing on shooting anyway, and toss in a unit of crossbowmen??

Von Wibble
09-08-2009, 11:18
Well, here's my first shot at a DE list themed around Hag Graef.

Supreme Sorceress - 360
Level 4, Black Staff, Lifetaker, Null Talisman

Imo Sacrificial Dagger is better and cheaper than Black Staff, assuming you are joining the warriors.

Malus Darkblade - 275

Master - 148
BSB, Banner of Hag Graef, great weapon, heavy armour, Sea Dragon cloak, repeater crossbow

The banner has limited affect on warriors. Nothing to say you can't have no magic banner, and embellish your own theme whilst giving the BSB items to help him kill the foe/ survive. Armour of Darkness for example - isn't Hag Graef a dark city anyway?

Shields, full command

Shields, full command

5 Dark Riders - 92
Musician

Always a good choice

5 Cold One Knights - 235
Full command, Standard of Slaughter, Deathpiercer

Not convinced about Deathpiercer. I would leave the champion without anything or give him the High Sorceress' Null Talisman - I'd rather have protection from magic on COKs than Spearmen.

5 Cold One Knights - 225
Full command, War Banner, Ring of Hotek

Fair enough. I would put Malus here since the other units banner goes a long way to helping them.

5 Shades - 80
Additional hand weapons

I prefer great weapons - such a unit can scare even knights if set up to charge a flank

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers - 200

You have a strike force of COKs - that screams Hydra to me. But I never use RBTs so may be a bit biased

The CoKs, Shades and Malus are in for fluffiness. The lack of shooting could is a little disconcerting, but I like the hitting power of the cavalry.
Thoughts, suggestions or savage criticism? Fire away!

Lack of shooting isn't a problem - magic more than compensates. But an aggressive magic phase is stymied by Ring of Hotek. Imo you can have either a supreme sorceress or the ring, not both. Also your centre is very squishy. Even with BSB your warriors will struggle to hold a decent assault.

1) If you remove the supreme sorceress you could get a caddy, unit of crossbows, and 2 units of Harpies (not sure how you can not take those ever) for the points. Or just one unit of harpies, and upgrade BSB to a Dreadlord.

2) Swap the RBTs for a Hydra to support the COKs

Dai-Mongar
10-08-2009, 06:02
Thanks for the replies! Some good suggestions here, and thank you Von Wibble for your in-depth analysis. I think swapping the RBTs for a hydra is a good idea, better to maximise combat potential than put in a small amount of shooting that won't actually achieve much on its own. Having played a couple of games with DE now, I can see how great weapons would be much more useful than AHWs, and I think I can do without the Ring of Hotek and get a couple of Dispel Scrolls in there instead.

TheSanityAssassin
10-08-2009, 06:08
I've seen guy's try to take Supremes and the Ring, and they quickly find themselves blowing up as the Knights get funneled into combat where they want to be casting.