PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Grey Knight Legs

turtle123
09-08-2009, 06:44
I took a glance at my Grey Knights and realized what skinny legs they have. In fact, that must be pretty form fitting armor on those legs. The scout legs which were non-armored are thicker!

Oh well...

Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps will remedy mine with green stuff or add extra plates to hide the skinny legs.

Jason

Demonrich
09-08-2009, 12:39
I think all power armoured space marine thighs are way too thin. Most guardsmen would look more muscular than marines if the marines didn't have any armour.

Panzerkanzler
09-08-2009, 12:56
Could be that the grey knights are really foul xenos scum! Who knows what slobbery freaks hide inside their body armour? It might be vicious mini squats using stilts! That would explain the thin leggings.

grissom2006
09-08-2009, 13:05
Could be that the grey knights are really foul xenos scum! Who knows what slobbery freaks hide inside their body armour? It might be vicious mini squats using stilts! That would explain the thin leggings.

OMG thats so funny i can just picture it Darn it must be a really tight corset on that Squat as well suppised it manages to breath:p

Codsticker
09-08-2009, 16:30
I think it's the other way around: Grey Knights are properly proportioned and all the other models are too thick.

eltanko
09-08-2009, 18:09
I agree that all SM legs look to thin, in fluff and books etc, it always describes them as having "thighs as thick as tree trunks", now ok, they may be reffering to tree's on planets other than Terra, or maybe trees in the future are just really small, but they definately are not as thick as tree trunks on the mini's!!

It comes down to the whole discussion again, that Guard are as tall as marines, when it is commonly known that SM are like 8-ft tall. just the way the minis are made, nowhere near Truescale!

ElTanko

Dr. Hellbeast
09-08-2009, 20:56
I agree that all SM legs look to thin, in fluff and books etc, it always describes them as having "thighs as thick as tree trunks", now ok, they may be reffering to tree's on planets other than Terra, or maybe trees in the future are just really small, but they definately are not as thick as tree trunks on the mini's!!

Tree trunks on Earth come in varying diameters, too, depending on age and species. I'm sure some of them would match the proposed diameters of a marine's thighs. No need to travel to other planets or forward in time. :D

Wishing
10-08-2009, 00:00
It comes down to the whole discussion again, that Guard are as tall as marines, when it is commonly known that SM are like 8-ft tall. just the way the minis are made, nowhere near Truescale!

I find it amusing that people use the word "true" in this context and talk about what Marines "really" look like, since we're dealing with fiction here. Personally I consider the models to predate the fiction, so to me the "truth" is that Marines are the same size as normal humans, and it's the background/fiction writers that have gotten a bit too excited and written "incorrect" information in their descriptions of how superhuman Marines are supposed to be.

guillimansknight
10-08-2009, 00:18
I would agree with the thigh thing I look at the minis and think "I'd never fit in that"

Admittedly I do power cycling so my thigh muscles are waay bigger than normal

AFnord
10-08-2009, 01:01
So thats where this guy has been hiding! http://www.solegends.com/citwf/IMG_9987-01.jpg

Bolter Bait
10-08-2009, 03:18
The Grey Knights models are from when models were smaller and weedier than current editions of space marines. Notice how small previous batches of plastic terminators are compared to current plastic terminators. I'm sure whenever they get redone, they'll be suitably thick, though if they match current artwork trends for ultra-blocky/wall o'metal marines, that'll be a damn shame.

Narf
10-08-2009, 07:09
sorry nope, the grey nights are from late 3rd edition (2002-2003ish), whereas the standard marine sprue was from the start of 3rd, 1998 i think.

And they look fine to me, think you guys are just spending far to much time looking at small soldiers legs an all

AmasNagol
11-08-2009, 18:51
That's what happens when you let Jez Goodwin sculpt the terminators and the tea boy sculpt the PAGK.

Their halberds look comical compared to the Terminator ones also.