PDA

View Full Version : Favour of the Gods

xsamx
09-08-2009, 10:24
I just wondered, if you give this to a character and then put the character into a unit, when the warshrine blesses the unit can it edit its roll? Or is this JUST for when the character himself is blessed?

Von Wibble
09-08-2009, 10:41
Afaik you can use it to modify units rolls. I think its in the Chaos FAQ.

Makes Chosen with this a lot more effective.

Lord Zarkov
09-08-2009, 16:17
It is in the FAQ, a charcter in the unit may modify a warshrine's result on his unit

McBane
19-01-2011, 12:47
I wanted to pick up and reopen the thread because I recently played in a tournament and a guy took a big block of normal chaos warriors (horde of 42 including characters) and one of his characters had favour of the gods and took two warshrines and it was... difficult to deal with. The FAQ says:

"Q. If the Favour of the Gods enchanted item is given to the
champion of a unit of Chosen, can the unit benefit from it when it
makes its roll in the Eye of the Gods table before the game? And
when it makes a roll thanks to a Chaos Warshrine? (p115)
A. Yes. "

That is talking about a unit champion, not any character. A champion is an inherant part of a unit in which he is placed. In other words, he can't leave it. The magic item actually says:
"After rolling on the Eye of the Gods table the bearer may add or subtract one from his roll."

I don't think that you can use the item the way my opponent did because only chosen champions can be given magic items and these were normal warriors so it had to be on his BSB or General. Does anyone agree/disagree?

Matt.Wood88
19-01-2011, 13:07
If it as you say just a normal warrior champion, then no he can't take the magic item... Silly tourney players...
Only hero's and the unit champion if the chosen are able to take magic items.
Cheers
Matt

T10
19-01-2011, 13:24
I don't think that you can use the item the way my opponent did because only chosen champions can be given magic items and these were normal warriors so it had to be on his BSB or General. Does anyone agree/disagree?

The benefits from the Chaos Warshrines apply to all the models in the unit. In the case of combined units they affect the normal rank-and-file and characters alike. Since this also applies to the character, he may indeed use the Favour of the Gods to modify the roll.

-T10

Trains_Get_Robbed
19-01-2011, 13:36
But surley that dosen't mean that an Exalted Hero for example can jump into a C.W unit or Maurader unit and with a Warshrine up, get buffed and then alter the roll of the unit?

I could see the charcter altering his roll, but from a 7 to something else for example, but if the unit gets a 7 then they are S.O.L, correct?

T10
19-01-2011, 13:41
I don't see anything that suggests the character would be allowed to alter the current effect of a unit that he joins.

-T10

McBane
19-01-2011, 13:56
Oh well, it was worth a try. I see your point T10 that he's part of the unit and it affects him so he can modify the roll. It just seems awfully good, particularly at 5 points and when you have two warshrines. Warshrines should either be more expensive or a 0-1 choice IMO. Maybe both. Btw, you can't actually call GW for rules questions any more can you?

Tregar
19-01-2011, 14:01
Well you can, but I wouldn't trust them.

But yeah this is a valid strategy. Double Warshrines is a bit nasty, which is why so many tournaments restrict double rares.

jaxom
19-01-2011, 18:10
Shrug. Double Warsharines are obnoxious but they eat a lot of points in an already expensive list. Yes, they makea single unit obnoxious but in this world of big nasty magics a single unit is usually not that hard to deal with. Granted in the new percentage-based universe it does not prevent the Warrior player from bringing a Hellcannon as well but then you're talking about even more of his points making that big block of warriors even smaller...