PDA

View Full Version : I need my 40k fix :(

omera
09-08-2009, 22:42
Vassal40k is dead, and I haven't completed my RL army yet. I want my Warhammer 40k fix, be it roleplay, or maybe even a really good dawn of war or dawn of war 2 mod. I preferably want to play with other people.

*fidgets*

Radish
09-08-2009, 23:05
Hey dude.

V40k isn't completely dead, you can still go online with it and play people, there will just no longer be any updates for it. But I get what you mean, I haven't had a proper game for 18months, not including a few games on V40k (but that goes way too slow and doesnt replace the TT IMO).

Do you not have a local GW to get involved with? Sometimes staffers let you use some of the shops models, but I dunno if they stopped allowing that. Can still talk about the background with people there, until your army has been atleast assembled. At that point you should be allowed to play with them as long as you still continue painting.

omera
09-08-2009, 23:09
Hey dude.

V40k isn't completely dead, you can still go online with it and play people, there will just no longer be any updates for it. But I get what you mean, I haven't had a proper game for 18months, not including a few games on V40k (but that goes way too slow and doesnt replace the TT IMO).

Do you not have a local GW to get involved with? Sometimes staffers let you use some of the shops models, but I dunno if they stopped allowing that. Can still talk about the background with people there, until your army has been atleast assembled. At that point you should be allowed to play with them as long as you still continue painting.

Theres a tabletop gaming store a mile walk away that plays Warhammer, but I don't think they'll allow me to use models.

Guerillaboy
10-08-2009, 07:07
Theres a tabletop gaming store a mile walk away that plays Warhammer, but I don't think they'll allow me to use models.

Depends, I know I usually bring 2 different armies on my games just incase theres someone interested in learning to play. Also depending on what kind of store it is they may have "house" armies.

omera
10-08-2009, 12:22
Depends, I know I usually bring 2 different armies on my games just incase theres someone interested in learning to play. Also depending on what kind of store it is they may have "house" armies.

I go there often and never hear any mention of borrowed armies. On top of that, I don't even have the new CSM codex.

messenger
10-08-2009, 12:38
Vassal40k is dead, and I haven't completed my RL army yet. I want my Warhammer 40k fix, be it roleplay, or maybe even a really good dawn of war or dawn of war 2 mod. I preferably want to play with other people.

*fidgets*

I would personally suggest the Firestorm over Kronus mod for Dawn of War, Dark Crusade.
It is like playing the table top game real time, including force organisation of 2 HQ, 3 Elites etc.
Since I've stopped playing 40k boardgame, Firestorm over Kronus has more than adequetely satiatied any cravings I have for a good game.
I believe that's the most current release available to public:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-firestorm-over-kronus/downloads/dow40kfok-release-candidate-1218

Mojaco
10-08-2009, 15:02
If you're army isn't ready yet, just glue the remainder together and start playing with a half-painted army.

Or if you hate doing that, just rush a different army then the one you're building.

If you don't want to that either, then just hurry up with you current project :D

omera
10-08-2009, 22:02
I would personally suggest the Firestorm over Kronus mod for Dawn of War, Dark Crusade.
It is like playing the table top game real time, including force organisation of 2 HQ, 3 Elites etc.
Since I've stopped playing 40k boardgame, Firestorm over Kronus has more than adequetely satiatied any cravings I have for a good game.
I believe that's the most current release available to public:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-firestorm-over-kronus/downloads/dow40kfok-release-candidate-1218

I'll check it out :D

Blue Orphen
11-08-2009, 14:52
Where are you located?

Try looking around for a local gaming group. Colleges are good places to start, and you can probably post flyers at the local game store.

omera
11-08-2009, 22:00
Where are you located?

Try looking around for a local gaming group. Colleges are good places to start, and you can probably post flyers at the local game store.

Palm bay, and I don't think High School sophomores can go on college campus.