PDA

View Full Version : Best weapon choices for Chosen?

eyescrossed
10-08-2009, 04:47
Hi all, what are the best weapon choices for Chosen? If there is no clear "best" one, which ones are good for what situations?

Cypher, the Emperor
10-08-2009, 05:32
Well, I think the big response you're going to get is that the best choice for chosen is not to take them at all. But barring that, Halberd/Shield is the most versitile choice for chaos infantry.

eyescrossed
10-08-2009, 05:46
Yeah, I was having doubts about them, with their gigantic cost (money wise), and that the only real reason I was going to take them was for their free EotG roll. Now I'll take Chaos Knights instead.

Thanks.

TheSanityAssassin
10-08-2009, 05:53
Yeah...taking Knights is about what I had to offer. The only time I've seen them used was as a MASSIVE nurgle block of them with a warshrine or two...very All your eggs in one basket. Got rear charged by Miners with an anvil, broke...ran forward away from them....failed to rally and then just ran back through them and died. How glorious!

decker_cky
10-08-2009, 06:02
On chosen with favour, I think GWs is probably a little better choice than halberds since you can get some interesting situations like S7 quite easily, or a 3+ ward save (less easily). Particularly with favour. Plus, the models come with great weapons, so that's probably easier.

eyescrossed
10-08-2009, 06:02
Well good thing I think Ensorcelled weapons are awesome. Definately taking Knights instead.

kramplarv
10-08-2009, 10:33
GW on warriors and on chosen are the best option if we want another option than HW+Shield. Halberd is nice, but +1S does not justify the point cost. But GW on the other hand really makes up for it. Except in very rare occasions. All in all GW is more useful than halberds.

eyescrossed
10-08-2009, 10:36
Really? Not meant to sound mean, but everyone else is saying otherwise...

Isabel
10-08-2009, 11:57
Warriors and Chosen have an above average initiative. I personally believe they are better served with halberds to get good use out of that advantage. S5 is usually enough to get the job done in most situations.

mikepm07
10-08-2009, 17:31
The most efficient setup is Halberds/Shields, period.

If you have the points for GW's, cool.

Chosen are awesome, don't listen to what these people say. With favor of the Gods, the chance of you NOT getting a "good" result (that means getting either MR 3/Fear/+ 1 LD, your choice) is something like 11%. Every other result will make these guys significantly better in close combat, whether it be + 1 tough, attack, armor save, strength, etc. etc.

If you are considering taking any warriors on foot, I would always bring a squad of 11 Chosen, w/ champ & Favor of the Gods. I like Frenzy Banner on them so they're ItP.

I'm not sold on Warshrines yet. It seems can't do anything other than give units a roll on EoTG, which, doesn't seem to justify their cost. I could potentially see how they can tie up hard hitting units, but with move 4, I don't see that happening ever.

Kerill
10-08-2009, 18:38
Really? Not meant to sound mean, but everyone else is saying otherwise...

Because there is no one definite answer, depends on the size of the unit, it's items/mark. the support and the bttlefield role you want it to function.

You can't go wrong with halberds and shields but GW and shields would work very well if for example you are going for the chosen deathstar with a 3+ ward.

Warhammer Madman
10-08-2009, 18:41
I'm not sold on Warshrines yet. It seems can't do anything other than give units a roll on EoTG, which, doesn't seem to justify their cost. I could potentially see how they can tie up hard hitting units, but with move 4, I don't see that happening ever.

Are you serious a 3+ ward on a tzeench shrine then its T6!

what a flank protector for a foot slogging army and its a monsterous creature...
with 5 Ws5 S4 attacks then you get you roll on the Eotg -Fast cav beware- -skirmishers beware- -flanks beware-