PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Explain this to me please...

Lotoc_Sabbath
10-08-2009, 08:53
Hi guys,

I have a Kreig army (quite big and is expanding), and I have never understood how the kreig legion is organized.
For Now I understood that there is the Kreig legion...OK
After the legion come the armies. The armies are divided into sectors where they operate called front lines right?
each Front line has different regiments...regiments to companys...companys to platoons...platoons to troop.

or is it the armies are divided in regiment which are divided into sectors which are divided into comapanys to platoons etc...

Please some one explain it to me because I can't understand it + What are tank divisions and armored companys, where are they located in the kreig organization list?

I just can understand it.

Thanks in Advance

Jackmojo
10-08-2009, 09:52
Tank divisions are roughly equivalent (organizationally) to infantry platoons, IIRC in the IG traditionally a tank division is 3 normal tanks or one super-heavy tank, with three divisions + a company command tank forming an armoured company of the appropriate sort. Hence the Ten Leman Russ' of the, Emperor's Fist tank company. In the new IG codex division is synonymous with a Tank Squadron.

Artillery divisions are the same, called batteries generally though. The companies though are more likely to mix differing divisions (one Battery of bombards and two of basilisks was a standard artillery company at one point) and accompanied by a company commander and staff in a chimera instead of a 'command tank'. The Emperor's Wrath Artillery company in apocalypse is the new version of this consisting of nine basilisks in three batteries of three and a company command vehicle, either chimera or a salamander.

Hope that clears it up some (and that my fluff for Ig isn't out of date :) )

Jack

lanrak
10-08-2009, 09:59
Hi,
If we assume that the organisation is similar to real world armies,(as we use similar terms.)

The 'Army' is made up of Divisions.

Each Division is made up of Batle groups(Brigade/Regiment.)

Each Battle group(Brigade/Regiment). is made up of Battalions.

Each Battalion is made up of Companies.

Each Company is made up of platoons .

Each Platoon is made up of Squads.

Often when engaged in combat , Battle groups (Brigades/Regiments), are mixed to get the right amount of unit type for the task in hand.

EG
The 3rd Battalion of the Anshutz (Krieg) Infantry.
Will Be supported by ;-
1 Company of the 1st Manhiem tank Battalion.
2 Companies of the 4th Deitz Artillery .

This will make the 9th Regiment at Pecina .(1 battalion of infantry + 1 support battalion (1 company of tanks, 2 companies of artillery.)

The 'army ' you deploy when playing a game of 40k , is just a small section of the fighting.
And this 'army ' has a few of the mixed units from the larger force.

A Krieg Regiment will be comprised of Infantry Battalions.
These Battalions will usualy be deployed with other types of units from other regiments when they fight.

I hope this helps ....

TTFN
Lanrak.

Lotoc_Sabbath
10-08-2009, 10:32
Thanks guys!!!

so if I have understood it is like this:

In the kreig, or in any IG legion there are many divisions:
is made up of different Divisions.
Each Division has different regiments and companies
and companies can be of different types.
-An Infantry company
-An Artillery company
-A tank company..Called also tank division
-Or an Armored company

Correct me if wrong...

What is an armored company I have never truly understood this...

Anyway can anyone give me a clue of how many platoons, regiments, divisions etc. are there in the kreig army.

Thank again in advance.

lanrak
10-08-2009, 12:29
Hi again.
An 'Armoured Company' is comprised mainly of tanks.
(HQ & Troops) (Usualy Leman Russ Variants).
With supporting infantry in APCs/ amoured cars etc,
(fast attack)(Armoured fist squads +armoured sentinels etc)
And Self propelled guns.
(Heavy support)(Bassalisks, Manticores etc.)

EG all units are, or mounted in armoured vehicles.

These 'armoured companies' are used to spearhead an advance.

A 'Krieg Army' , as in an army deployed in a sector of space NOT a '1500pt army' on a games table.

'Krieg Army'

2 or more divisions.

Each division .
4 or more Regiments.

Each Regiment .
2 Battalions of tanks /artillery ,or 4 battalions of infantry

Each Battalion
3 companies of tanks/artillery,or 4 to 6 companies of infantry.

Each Company.
HQ+3 platoons of tanks/artillery or HQ + 9 platoons of infantry.

Each platoon (Battery for artillery).
An HQ and 2 to 5 squads of infantry.
OR HQ and 3 vehicles /artillery .

As far as I am aware Krieg has 18 infantry divisions , 8 artillery divisions and 6tank divisions .
(dependant on what you read and who is telling the background.)

Therfore can deploy up to 16 'Armies' across the galaxies.

Lotoc_Sabbath
10-08-2009, 13:56
WOW!!! thank you very very much...

Epicenter
10-08-2009, 14:15
Hi guys,

I have a Kreig army (quite big and is expanding), and I have never understood how the kreig legion is organized.
For Now I understood that there is the Kreig legion...OK
After the legion come the armies. The armies are divided into sectors where they operate called front lines right?
each Front line has different regiments...regiments to companys...companys to platoons...platoons to troop.

or is it the armies are divided in regiment which are divided into sectors which are divided into comapanys to platoons etc...

Please some one explain it to me because I can't understand it + What are tank divisions and armored companys, where are they located in the kreig organization list?

I just can understand it.

Thanks in Advance

First: The Death Korps refer to themselves as the Korps (or "Corps" like the United States Marine Corps), not Legions. It's really a naming difference, but that's where the name "Death Korps of Krieg" come from, as opposed to the "Death Legions of Krieg."

The Korps are then divided up by the Departmento Munitorium into Regiments. These Regiments are then posted in whatever way the Munitorium sees fit. Usually, like other Imperial Guard units, different Regiments will serve besides each other, though not always.

In the Imperial Guard, a Regiment has some sort of speciality. Infantry, Armor, Artillery, Mechanized Infantry ("Steel Legion"), and other more specialized Regiments. Like their name suggests, Infantry Regiments contain a large number of foot infantry, but no tanks. Tank Regiments contain a large number of tanks, but are lacking in infantry to back them up, and so on.

You're probably looking at the Siege of Vraks book, which shows regiments and sectors and so on. A sector is simply an area of a map which makes it easier to refer to when speaking about it. Think like the game "Battleship" - each of the plots on there could be considered "sectors" - if they weren't labelled it'd be very difficult to play Battleship, "I attack that area...the area that's kinda to the right but not totally to the right but not in the middle, and a bit down, but not..." In the case of Vraks, sections of the trench line might be referred to as sectors, but it's more likely the entire world's map is divied up into sectors.

The high command then assigns whatever forces they think will be necessary to each sector in order to hold it or to attack from (or both). So a given sector might have multiple regiments, a single regiment, part of a single regiment, or nothing at all, depending on if they think there's a threat there.

The rest I think lanrak has already gone into detail with.