PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points O&G friendly

the Nurge
10-08-2009, 17:20
Can I please get some feedback on this list? It is just going to be for a friendly game. It's a new list and I was wanting to see if anyone saw a big weakness. It was put together for general use against whichever army I happen to run up against.
Thanks!

Characters :skull:
Black Orc Warboss-275 pts
Boar, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Best Boss At, Akkrit Axe, Kickin Boots

Black Orc Big Boss BSB-180 pts
Boar, Heavy Armor, BSB, Mork's Spirit Totem

Night Goblin Shaman-135 pts
lvl 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin

Goblin Shaman-152 pts
wolf, lvl 2, Brimstone Bauble

Core :eyebrows:
25 Orc boyz-205
Additional weapon, full command

29 Orc boyz-204
Shields, full command

28 Orc boyz-198
Shields, full command

5 wolf riders-76
musician, spears, bows

Special :)
10 Squig Hoppers-150

4 spear chukkas-140

Rare :evilgrin:
Giant

Doom Diver

Total:2000

rtunian
10-08-2009, 18:56
pretty solid, some minor suggestions....

- you have only 6 pd, so you need nibbla's ring out there. it's best on an orc, but for your list probably the only place it will fit is on the common gob sham
- consider trading your 25 2x choppas w/full command for 2x 12 choppas w/ music

Malorian
10-08-2009, 19:01
For a friendly game it's fine. Good and solid and the only thing I would change is to drop the magic, but as you said it's for a friendly game.

the Nurge
10-08-2009, 19:15
Thanks for the feedback.

How does this look? I dropped the additional magic levels from my shamans (since I'm probably not going to be getting many spells off anyway). In its place, I added a rock lobba. Should I just drop another orc and take a chariot instead of the lobba? Which do you think would work better?

Characters
Black Orc Warboss-275 pts
Boar, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Best Boss At, Akkrit Axe, Kickin Boots

Black Orc Big Boss BSB-180 pts
Boar, Heavy Armor, BSB, Mork's Spirit Totem

Night Goblin Shaman-100 pts
Staff of Sneaky Stealin

Goblin Shaman-117 pts
wolf, Brimstone Bauble

Core
25 Orc boyz-205
Additional weapon, full command

28 Orc boyz-198
Shields, full command

28 Orc boyz-198
Shields, full command

5 wolf riders-76
musician, spears, bows

Special
10 Squig Hoppers-150

4 spear chukkas-140

Rock Lobba

Rare
Giant

Doom Diver

Total:1999

Shiodome
10-08-2009, 19:23
i'd have gone for more wolf riders in a friendly game, 6 artillery pieces is starting to get 'unfriendly' :P plus wolf riders are incredibly useful for their points

the Nurge
10-08-2009, 19:25
i'd have gone for more wolf riders in a friendly game, 6 artillery pieces is starting to get 'unfriendly' :P plus wolf riders are incredibly useful for their points

I hadn't thought of that. I could drop the lobba and go for a 2nd unit of riders.
Sounds good to me. Thanks!

pfishy98
11-08-2009, 06:41
having played orcs and goblins for several years, ive found spear chukkas quite useless. 50% chance of hitting with no modifiers is not very good. think about it, only half the shots you take while hit and theyre arent very many good modifiers so it will usually be a 5 or 6 to hit. i wouldnt take any, but 2 might work if you're lucky.

the Nurge
11-08-2009, 13:07
Thanks for the feedback guys. I ran this list with 2 units of wolf riders. It worked great. I got a massacre!

I agree that chukkas are pretty hit or miss (haha) but they usually make their points back for me. For example this game, due to my opponent's oversight, I got to shoot a unit of 5 empire knights in the flank, killing all of them minus his unit champ, who then fled from the board.

Also, not knowing who I was going up against, I really need them for things like chariots, monsters, etc.