20 thunderes

20 Xbowmen

20 ironbreaker
FC RoCourge

2*ogran guns

please tear this list apart

puppetmaster24
10-08-2009, 20:50
i would spit up the thunderers and crossbowmen into units of 10, it would be better because you would be able to split your fire.

FictionalCharacter
10-08-2009, 22:10
the common notion is to take hammerers over ironbreakers, especially if you have a lord in your list.

and as mentioned, split up the thunderers and quarrelers into units of 10. i'm sure you can get away with two units of shooting (especially with two organ guns), which would buy you plenty of points for a gyrocopter with which to march block, perhaps some cannons and/or bolt throwers, etc.

lcfr
10-08-2009, 22:23
[QUOTE=craskie666;3847759]dwarf lord
great weapon
sheild bearrers
+1 ws
+1A
+1S
reroll armours save
+1T

Your lord's setup is illegal; Having the RStriking, RFury, and RCleaving is all well and good but runes cannot be combined w/a GW unless you have inscribed this GW w/the MRKragg the Grim. +1T is a neat rune, but not as good as the MRSteel! It also doesn't hurt to have an RStone (if you're fielding your lord w/a GW) or a shield (if you're fielding your lord w/out a GW) to bump up his save to 1+.

Also, the MRChallenge often comes in handy as a means to effectively force your opponents to get into combat w/your lord and his bodyguards. While it has no use against ITP units (which are growing, unfortunately), it is still just a measly 25pts for a great trick.

runesmith
sheild GW
RoSpelbreaking

runesmith
sheild GW
RoSpelbreaking

I would rather have one RSmith w/MRBalance, scroll, and shield (no GW...I want my RSmith to have a good chance of living in cc) than two w/scrolls. You're getting the same effects less a scroll and saving many points. At this points level and considering the kind of list you are fielding, I would take a Thane BSB w/ or w/out a runic banner (preferably w/out, so you can tool him up to fight!) to help keep your stunties in the fight

20 warroirs
shields FC

20 warroirs
GW FC

Imo GWs are a waste on regular warriors, since they will mostly be striking last (rarely will they charge anything) and w/only a 5+ save to protect them you will not get many attacks in. You have a better chance of winning combats by turtling up w/hand weapons and shields than you do trying to earn combat points by killing the enemy. That said, both these units could use a few more lads; if either unit takes a casualty you've lost a rank bonus!

20 thunderes

20 Xbowmen

These units are too big. Also, they need shields! Personally, I think you can drop some of these guys and find points to take at least a pair of bolt throwers to give you a chance at taking down big nasties that will just chew through your rank and file. Warmachines are our answer to the gribblies that other lists are capable of fielding, and we should take advantage of this. Choosing not to, especially in a balanced list like this, is a severe handicap imo. Missile units are good for whittling down lightly armoured and/or low toughness units but, personally, they just aren't enough to take out the big threats.

20 ironbreaker
FC RoCourge

Hammerers have always come across to me as a gimme, even over IBs, but to each their own. They should do well enough, however.

2*ogran guns

I like the flexibility that having a gyrocopter gives you at 2k, but if you like both your flanks guarded w/machine guns, then all the power to you!

pfishy98
11-08-2009, 05:49
as mentioned above, divide your shooting units into 2 separate ones. less wasted shots, wider arc of fire, more choice on what to shoot.

craskie666
11-08-2009, 13:39
dwarf lord
great weapon
sheild bearrers
MroKG
+1A
+1S
reroll armours save
1+ armour save

runesmith
sheild
MRoBlance

runesmith
sheild

20 warroirs
shields FC

20 warroirs
GW FC

10 thunderes

10 Xbowmen

20 ironbreaker
FC RoCourge

bolt throwerer
champion
+1S

bolt throwerer
champion
+1S

2*ogran guns

how des this list fair fair then

Keller
11-08-2009, 18:36
dwarf lord
great weapon
sheild bearrers
MroKG
+1A
+1S
reroll armours save
1+ armour save

There is no need for the 1+ AS rune with this current set up. With Shield Bearers and Gromil Armor, you only need a Rune of Stone for +1 AS to get a 1+ AS. You can free up 20 points here.

bolt throwerer
champion
+1S

bolt throwerer
champion
+1S

This set up is illegal, as all combinations must be unique. Add a Rune of Burning to one of them for +5 points to make it legal.

I would also advise sheilds for your shooting units. It will keep them alive from missile attacks and make them more than a capable combat unit for units that engage them looking for easy kills. T4 and 6+ save it ok, T4 and 4+ save is better than a lot of standard combat infantry.

lcfr
11-08-2009, 22:02
how des this list fair fair then

It more or less looks the same as the first draft :wtf:

tricker53
12-08-2009, 06:20
probability says in all cases 1x R snorri > 1x R fury. emphasis on the '1x' though, as you cant hit on better than 2s. id swap your lords fury for snorri spanglehelm. also as suggested, ditch R gromril and use R stone for 20 points up your sleeve, and personally i see little point in S7 lord. if you want crazy S, use R might and MR challenge against large targets. thisll give you S8, frees up 15 points (ditching kragg AND cleaving) and lastly lets you use a shield instead of R stone for that 1+ save, which frees up another 2 points (meh), but also gives you another armour rune choice if you like.

i always take a MR skewering bolt thrower, because too many times have i seen a lone mage dance around a unit casting with no problems, or equivalent. also ruins dark elf assassins.

your ironbreaker unit looks to me like a pseudo hammerer unit. R courage is free if you take hammerers instead of ironbreakers and put the lord in there, plus the unit is stubborn Ld10. they dont budge. you lose most of your save but instead gain the ability to actually kill solid things like WoC.

i second that warriors with great weapons are lame. they dont have the stats to use them properly; again theyre pseudo hammerers. youve already filled your core besides the GW warrior unit; id ditch it.

in fact, personally i think if you run a dwarf lord in 2k there shouldnt be any warriors at all, because you can take a unit of longbeards without the need for warriors.