PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Price?! In My GW?!

Dai-Mongar
11-08-2009, 00:58
I just made my first purchase with GW online (Australia) since the new website came up, and after the rage-inducing registration process I noticed that the items I had a "Discounted Price" of about 10-20% less! Amdur had gone from $20 to $18.18 and the Escher gang dropped from $55-$50, so no small potatoes there. I knew they were giving free shipping to domestic orders, but the discount came as a real surprise. Is it because if I live outside of Oz they take off sales tax or something?

spaint2k
11-08-2009, 03:05
I believe the Australian webstore deducts the 10% GST if you're ordering from outside of Australia.

Steve

Condottiere
11-08-2009, 03:47
Like in Tasmania?

Wednesday Friday Addams
11-08-2009, 03:49
I think Tasmania is under Australian GST.
I believe it's more like New Zealand.

someone2040
11-08-2009, 06:32
I think Tasmania is under Australian GST.
I believe it's more like New Zealand.
I think Condottiere is taking a poke at the Tasmanians ;).

ctsteel
12-08-2009, 23:37
I would have expected it to add the NZ GST back on afterward though, as that now happens to us Aussies when we buy models from the UK GW site - the VAT is removed but the GST is now added back on, so we only get a 7% saving instead of 17%.

TAOC
13-08-2009, 01:49
I would have expected it to add the NZ GST back on afterward though, as that now happens to us Aussies when we buy models from the UK GW site - the VAT is removed but the GST is now added back on, so we only get a 7% saving instead of 17%.

just another reason to order from maelstrom

zedeyejoe
13-08-2009, 09:16
If the tax in Australia has been paid, then thats fine and dandy. Not been paid then you can expect the Australian customs to slap it on when it arrives in Oz. So no it is not a 'saving'. In fact if its anything like the UK they add a charge for charging you the tax.

Scryer in the Darkness
13-08-2009, 09:48
If the tax in Australia has been paid, then thats fine and dandy. Not been paid then you can expect the Australian customs to slap it on when it arrives in Oz. So no it is not a 'saving'. In fact if its anything like the UK they add a charge for charging you the tax.
We're getting a bit off topic, but for non-commercial purchases, Australian Customs only charge import duty on goods whose value is greater than AU$1,000. All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported into Australia duty and tax free if their value is AU$1,000 or less.