PDA

View Full Version : New Gamesworkshop Stores?

Col_Festus
11-08-2009, 13:51
Hey guys, Just a quick question for you. Have there been any rumblings about a new wave of store openings? I know they closed down a bunch of them to reassess their profitability and possibly relocate them. Does anyone know if there has been any progress on opening some back up anytime soon? I currently live in Connecticut and they closed their only store down about 3 months ago. I was curious if they had plans to put a new one in CT or not. Currently I do most of my gaming at my friendly local gaming store, but the lack of terrain and painted armies starts to get to me..

zedeyejoe
11-08-2009, 14:06
Don't people take terrain and painted armies?

yabbadabba
11-08-2009, 14:10
Don't people take terrain and painted armies? Now you should know better than that. Anyone capable of putting the effort into making scenery and painted armies will set up a club.

LonelyPath
11-08-2009, 14:11
You can make your own terrain very cheaply, look online for how-to's and insrcution sets. There are many great ones out there ;)

As for those able to make terrain opening clubs, I have to agree since I used to make loads of the stuff when I ran my club years ago, even hosting hobby nights which usually proved very successful. Basically it was "got any junk at home? Bring it along and build something out of it" It's how we ened up with a giant radar for 40k and Necromunda made from a small tv dish, lol.

x-esiv-4c
11-08-2009, 15:18
Hey Festus!
A lot of the GW regulars ended up heading over to a store that the GW:Hartford manager opened up. It's called "The Warsmith".
www.ct40k.com

blongbling
12-08-2009, 11:49
yes, GW is planning on opening more stores, will they come to the exact area you want right now, most likely not, will they get there eventually, most likely.

BigBadBull
12-08-2009, 15:41
It seems like 85% of the new stores opened recently have been in the Houston area...

Also it's great when the only store left in town is a Battle bunker and they close it... even though the ware house is still there... ( Memphis)