PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing chaos?

guillimansknight
11-08-2009, 14:29
Hi

Does anyone know how the Imperium would get rid of a chaos infection
say from a ship?

Would they just burn everything or bless it or something like that?

abasio
11-08-2009, 14:33
Exterminatus (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exterminatus) is a good way :D

guillimansknight
11-08-2009, 14:36
Exterminatus (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exterminatus) is a good way :D

I mean without destroying the thing

Like if they captured a ship how would they rid it of chaos in order to repurpose it ?

abasio
11-08-2009, 14:53
Well, I don't think they'd care about a ship, just destroy it I'd think but for a planet they might send in the Grey Knights (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Grey_Knights) to deal with it. Otherwise just send the armies to fight a chaos infestation. Kill everyone exposed to the taint and then repopulate with more hivers from other worlds.

Lord Damocles
11-08-2009, 14:57
Probably depends on the level of corruption. If there's blood comming out of the walls, and gibbering faces in the floor then there's not much that you can do. But otherwise you can get busy with the sacred oils and whatnot.
I think there's a chaos ship which is recaptured by the Imperial Navy in Execution Hour; plus there are various smaller artefacts which are re-consecrated - Grimnar's axe and Calgar's fists for example.

StormWulfen
11-08-2009, 17:57
well if it very recent they probably would be able to say a few prayers and it will be purified, but if its a long term thing it would probably be better for the ships machine spirit to just destroy it.

BrotherMoses
11-08-2009, 18:03
Blow the ship out of orbit. Its the only way to be sure the taint is destroyed.

Condottiere
11-08-2009, 19:23
I would have thought the safest way would be to send the infested ship into the nearest star.

Mr Zoat
11-08-2009, 20:55
Do you want to see a possessed star?

TheShadowCow
11-08-2009, 21:33
Do you want to see a possessed star?

Now that I think about it... yes, yes I do!

Crazy Ivan
11-08-2009, 22:27
a possessed star

Inquisitor: "Burn it! With FIRE!!!"

Grey Knight: "..."

guillimansknight
11-08-2009, 22:57
Inquisitor: "Burn it! With FIRE!!!"

Grey Knight: "..."

Burn a giant nuke? okay

Still I'll bet that isn't the craziest thing that Grey Knight has heard an Inquisitor say.

Condottiere
12-08-2009, 05:58
While a C'Tan is feeding on it.

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 10:07
I would have thought the safest way would be to send the infested ship into the nearest star.

Got to agree on that part of things.

Thing is how do Imperial ships have systems in them like the Knights and Titans do (off the top of my head i don't think they do but i've been known to be wrong answers on a post card please lol). If they do have not a cat in hells chance of getting rid of the taint and it needs to be destroyed. If it doesn't then there maybe some way to rid it from the ship like the Tears of the Emperor as a example that comes to mind.

Stucorb
12-08-2009, 10:42
From all of the fluff / background i have read the ships do not have an AI like titans do although they must have something or else where did eldrad go?

Clockwork-Knight
12-08-2009, 11:10
Every ship of the Imperium posesses a machine spirit.

Iverald
12-08-2009, 11:18
From all of the fluff / background i have read the ships do not have an AI like titans do although they must have something or else where did eldrad go?

Blackstone Frotress is NOT an Imperial ship, it's an Eldar space station for killing the c'Tan. IIRC, Eldrad's soul was scatteded among millions of soulstones.

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 18:37
Every ship of the Imperium posesses a machine spirit.

Thanks Clockwork I knew that someone would have more info on the ships having never got into BFG :D

Didn't some of the Blackstone Fortresses get taken over by humans ? I seem to recall there was meant to be more than one of them.

guillimansknight
12-08-2009, 20:11
OK so burn the soft stuff clean and purify/bless the more solid stuff (like a wall or metal panels) and chuck out what's gone too far down the line

think that would do ?

Condottiere
12-08-2009, 20:20
Depends how far the infestation has taken hold - I doubt the Inquisition would ever trust that ship or it's crew, and will keep an eye on it.

blackcherry
12-08-2009, 20:41
Honestly, unless its a valuble planet that the imperium cannot bear to lose, or some sort of artifact that is priceless, the sheer size and imperium means that they would destroy the place of infestation, knowing it is little loss in the scale of things.

The inqusition(and as such, eventually the imperium) will no doubt end up getting knowledge from it anyway, even if it is allowed to survive, through the plans and studies carried out by radical inqusitors.

TheShadowCow
12-08-2009, 20:42
Depends how far the infestation has taken hold - I doubt the Inquisition would ever trust that ship or it's crew, and will keep an eye on it.

This suggests that the Inquisition is actually *capable* of trust, which is a dubious prospect at best ^^

guillimansknight
12-08-2009, 22:35
This suggests that the Inquisition is actually *capable* of trust, which is a dubious prospect at best ^^

IT IS HERESY!!

O.K so it's not likely but doable, and if done a lot of stuff would have to be replaced, yeah?