PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Model for Fiends of Slaanesh?

bdub7777
11-08-2009, 20:14
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some possible models ot proxy or convert to use as Fiends of Slaanesh, being that they're 20 bucks a pop and the models are awful, imo.

sydbridges
11-08-2009, 20:31
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some possible models ot proxy or convert to use as Fiends of Slaanesh, being that they're 20 bucks a pop and the models are awful, imo.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192544&highlight=Keeper+Secrets+base

I'm pretty sure in that plog the author at some point came up with a conversion for Fiends. Pretty much everything in there looks awesome.

w3rm
11-08-2009, 23:46
Fiend models are great but I use spawn for mine. They jacked up thier price a little but a lot cheaper.

PhalanxLord
12-08-2009, 04:03
I've heard of some people just using converted cold ones as their fiends. That could work. If just the cold ones without riders aren't good enough you could combine them with 'nettes or something.

The Laughing God
12-08-2009, 04:24
Chaos Spawns are perfect for the cause.

And you get a bunch of cool bitz left over.

Lord Inquisitor
12-08-2009, 04:33
I've seen some giant spider daemonette centaur conversions around. They've been generally regarded as seeker alternatives, but big daemonette spider thingies could make good fiends.

e2055261
12-08-2009, 05:23

They're not that bad are they?

CrownAxe
12-08-2009, 05:39
They're not that bad are they?

IF you haven't seen them go to Gamesworkshop

They're some myriad of Horse, Anteater and Scorpian

Faddlevins
12-08-2009, 07:08
I am in the process of making khorne fiends. I purchased the chaos marauder horses (fantasy) and using bloodletters i'm going to make centaurs ;)

DaR
12-08-2009, 10:21
I did mine using the new Chaos Hounds and leftover Spawn bits to give them extra shoulder mounted tentacles and larger, spikier tails. The additional number of limbs is both nicely Slaaneshi and represents their larger number of attacks and helps keep anyone from thinking they might be Flesh Hounds.

One spawn kit provides enough tentacles for 2 or 3 Fiends, easily, which means a two boxes of Hounds and 3 boxes of spawn should give you all the fiends you could ever want and all the spawn you'll ever need for any Boon of Mutations you might get off. For about the same price as a single unit of the metal fiends.

Satan
12-08-2009, 10:28
I use spawns, and actually a beast of nurgle too. I aslo didn't care much for the models and thought about alternatives but they were hard to come up with. Possibly I imagine you could use something depending on the theme for your army - The Thing in the Woods from the Mordheim range for example, or the undead giant rat from The Caller from necromunda.

Now that I tihnk about it, those two are rather good.

bdub7777
12-08-2009, 15:34
Hrrmm, I'll maybe look in to using some Spawns. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's any obvious proxy so I may have to get creative here =p

jsullivanlaw
12-08-2009, 18:00
I really like the fiend models. Aside from that, I run 2 squads of 6. I used 1 of the new fiend models in each squad to represent the one with might and then 5 of the ancient fiend models. The old fiend models are a big on the ugly side but i think they look good once painted. I really enjoy seeing a big giant fiend with a bunch of little fiends running across the table. It looks like a pack of animals with an alpha male. (or shemale in this case). You can get the old fiend models fairly cheap if you watch Ebay zealously.