PDA

View Full Version : Possible Demuirig Spotting.

Kalishnikov-47
12-08-2009, 05:27
Don't shoot the messenger, ja?

From the Bell of Lost Souls Lounge and originally from Dakka Dakka, we have a few models that look like either the heavily rumoured Demuirig. I feel as though they are giant mutants but they require closeups for an accurate description.

Without further ado,

If this is nothing new I will simply delete said thread.

jboy
12-08-2009, 05:38
definitely look a bit wierd, one of the card thingys says gaurdsmen on it, maybe its for IG ? unless they're squats, they look a bit stubby :) ha ha, hard to tell scale wise though, legs are definitely quite short, hmmmmm?

jboy
12-08-2009, 05:40
allthoug yeah I agree,...would fit with the Demuirig :)

e2055261
12-08-2009, 05:46
What the hell are they? Pray tell what is Demuirig exactly?

catbarf
12-08-2009, 05:50
Re-imagined space stunties to avoid the dreaded S-word.

destroyerlord
12-08-2009, 05:50
The thing with guardsmen written on it is a giant dark heresy card...there are several on the table there. No idea about the sculpts though...I doubt they are related. Are the two other sculpts there the imperial psycher and cadian officer 3-ups? Thats what they look like to me.

jboy
12-08-2009, 05:52
What the hell are they? Pray tell what is Demuirig exactly?

there like dwarfy space miners with lots of high tech gubbinz :)
thats about all I know though,...vaguely remember something about them from the fluff of battlefleet gothic

Ironmonger
12-08-2009, 05:56
Demiurg are a Tau-aligned race of Squat-replacements, as already stated. Those minis are VERY intriguing! They are the right size, shape, and have storm bolter looking guns... really interesting...

DuskRaider
12-08-2009, 06:01
The big things kind of look like LotR trolls. But the "dwarves" do look pretty 40k-ish. Especially their weapons. Are you sure this isn't just some independent sculptor's desk, or another company's?

jboy
12-08-2009, 06:02
thinking about it if Demuirig are space miners then maybe there the people who own the space hulk being invaded by genestealers :)

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 06:22
Are the two other sculpts there the imperial psycher and cadian officer 3-ups?
No, this is the Cadian Officer 3-up:

What's in the OP's pic look to be 1:1 28mm-type models judging by other things on the table.

TimLeeson
12-08-2009, 06:32
I dont have any photoshopping skills, so dont blame me if its no good, but heres the clearest/sharpest I could make it to see the detail :

Triszin The Wrath God
12-08-2009, 06:32
looks to good to be true....

i can't take my eyes of of you.....

too me it looks like a independent sculpter decided to start some ruckus on these internets.

TimLeeson
12-08-2009, 06:38
looks to good to be true....

i can't take my eyes of of you.....

too me it looks like a independent sculpter decided to start some ruckus on these internets.

As fox mulder would say, "I want to believe". Yeah, I dont think its an official/demiurg figure either unfortuantly. But I want to be proven wrong.

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 06:38
Indeed. The cards and conveniently placed piece of white paper are somewhat telling. Also the figure "on sprue" looks to be a different colour to the sprue itself (grey rather than blue-grey). Still, a bit of fun, eh? :D

EDIT - Oh, and posted on Dakka by a first time poster. :rolleyes:

Triszin The Wrath God
12-08-2009, 06:43
ya, i also work with grey stuff and thats all sculpted in it, he should have photoshopped the image to alter there coloration to fit the sprue, then it would've been more beleiveable...

Hellebore
12-08-2009, 06:44
I dont have any photoshopping skills, so dont blame me if its no good, but heres the clearest/sharpest I could make it to see the detail :

Its head looks like one of the old plastic dwark heads with metal skull cap style helmet...

hellebore

jboy
12-08-2009, 06:45
the one on the sprue is identical to the one its in front of, so either way it's definitly been cast :).....by the looks of it for single piece and snap fit uses :)

Triszin The Wrath God
12-08-2009, 06:57
btw how could the BoLS post this, knowing its a independent sculpture? i mean i don't mind its just more PR for him, his work is definatly out there now.

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 07:00
btw how could the BoLS post this, knowing its a independent sculpture? i mean i don't mind its just more PR for him, his work is definatly out there now.

BoLS didn't post it, someone posted it in the BoLS Forums.

The big beastie on the left looks a spot on match for the Fenksworld Pit Thing from Creatures Anathema, link below... about a third of the way down the page and there is a free pdf preview for it:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?etyn=1&epn=2&ecan=60&earmn=&earyn=&esen=

Triszin The Wrath God
12-08-2009, 07:03
BoLS didn't post it, someone posted it in the BoLS Forums.

The big beastie on the left looks a spot on match for the Fenksworld Pit Thing from Creatures Anathema, link below... about a third of the way down the page and there is a free pdf preview for it:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?etyn=1&epn=2&ecan=60&earmn=&earyn=&esen=

nice eye, i didn't even see that!

Justice And Rule
12-08-2009, 07:05

Uh, has it actually been proven to be a independent sculpture, or are you just suddenly declaring it as such?

Could GW or FW be doing supplemental models for the Fantasy Flight RPGs?

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 07:13
The next question is, is there a pic of the Demiurg in any of the Dark Heresy books? I know what they look like from Jes's concept sketches, but these models don't really look like them.

Triszin The Wrath God
12-08-2009, 07:19
honestly, body wise and dyanmic wise it looks like this
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dark-heresy/images/7373-HAMMERS%20O%20D%20TERMIES.jpg

ya its a terminator but now mentaly mix it with the old flanel jacket space dwarfs and bam!

HK-47
12-08-2009, 07:24
It looks to imperial to be a Demuirig, one of them is almost definitely holding a storm bolter, and they have a converted look to them, they seem more like stunted Ogryns then Demuirig.

Hellebore
12-08-2009, 07:25
ya its a terminator but now mentaly mix it with the old flanel jacket space dwarfs and bam!

It's been knocked up a notch?

They look like conversions to me. The aforementioned head for example. It looks more dwarfish and far less like the demiurg concepts we've seen previously.

Hellebore

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 07:29
It looks to imperial to be a Demuirig, one of them is almost definitely holding a storm bolter, and they have a converted look to them, they seem more like stunted Ogryns then Demuirig.
Yeah I get a stunty Ogryn (Ogre Kingdom Ogre) feel from them as well, which is why I thought there might be new art of the Demiurg in Dark Heresy that's a touch different to Jes's sketch.

(Ha, I hadn't noticed the "Demuirig" typo in the thread title til your post :D)

They look like conversions to me. The aforementioned head for example. It looks more dwarfish and far less like the demiurg concepts we've seen previously.

They are, without a doubt, scratch sculpts but whether they are official or not is another matter. ;)

Justice And Rule
12-08-2009, 07:40
See, I understand why people should be skeptical... but after noticing the Fenksworld Pit Thing, I honestly don't think it is some independent trying to make waves. The other sculpts are definitely human, vaguely inquistor-ish, too.

Now, let's think about this: We know that Rogue Trader is next up. The Demiurg are notable miners and traders. The other two figures seem to be sculpts of things that would go with Dark Heresy. I don't know if Demiurg make any appearances in the books, but this definitely feels like some official support for FFG. In particular, this feels like something Forgeworld would do. Maybe we'll see some Demiurg in the upcoming Imperial Armour books, which will cover an Ork campaign.

Edit: Let me make that a bit clearer.

The other sculpts we see could definitely be used in a Dark Heresy game. The Fenksworld beast is right out of it, and the human sculpts looks a lot like they could be a Rogue Trader/Missionary/Inquisitor. We also know that the new Rogue Trader game is coming out next from Fantasy Flight game.

Why would the Demiurg be up there? Well, they're a space-borne race, and they're well-known traders. If they are making Rogue Trader figures, it makes sense to create figures for a race that could be encountered a lot.

I mentioned Forgeworld and Imperial Armour because the next campaign is supposed to have Orks in it, and Demiurg have some history with the Orks (Although we don't know what it is). Maybe they'll be part of a supplemental force for that.

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 07:52
See, I understand why people should be skeptical... but after noticing the Fenksworld Pit Thing, I honestly don't think it is some independent trying to make waves. The other sculpts are definitely human, vaguely inquistor-ish, too.

Now, let's think about this: We know that Rogue Trader is next up. The Demiurg are notable miners and traders. The other two figures seem to be sculpts of things that would go with Dark Heresy. I don't know if Demiurg make any appearances in the books, but this definitely feels like some official support for FFG. In particular, this feels like something Forgeworld would do. Maybe we'll see some Demiurg in the upcoming Imperial Armour books, which will cover an Ork campaign.
Sure, the models match up with Dark Heresy quite nicely (the work-in-progress "human" on the light cork at the centre of the pic looks a lot like the Acolyte on FFG's Dark Heresy front page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=50)) but the way the photo is staged and how it came to the forums seems a bit suss. They could be official models or they could be someone's private sculpts.

Quality wise they don't feel like GW or FW models to me. They seem more akin to outsourced boardgame models like Chaos in the Old World or some such but not quite so stylized of course. ;)

EDIT - Oh, and pay a Rogue Trader tie-in. :)

HK-47
12-08-2009, 08:03
Yeah I get a stunty Ogryn (Ogre Kingdom Ogre) feel from them as well, which is why I thought there might be new art of the Demiurg in Dark Heresy that's a touch different to Jes's sketch.

(Ha, I hadn't noticed the "Demuirig" typo in the thread title til your post :D)

They are, without a doubt, scratch sculpts but whether they are official or not is another matter. ;)

:D That's what I get for copying and pasting without checking the spelling.

I have to say I don't like the clunky imperial look of them. The Demiurg are pure xenos, they are not evolutionary off shots of humanity like the squats; so having them look so imperial doesn't make sense to me unless they are mercs.

Scryer in the Darkness
12-08-2009, 08:17
How about for that WIP human model, one Missionary Malakai Burtin from the Rogue Trader: Forsaken Bounty bonus characters pdf on the FFG site? ;) Just a thought... and because I like posting pics. :D

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=612

skabradisdead
12-08-2009, 08:17
I wonder if it is the White (Squat) Dwarf special model that is supposed to pop up as a one off later this year?

Hmmmm?

Jedi152
12-08-2009, 08:18
I doubt that's even a GW model, unless it's a starter model or a freebie.

See the sprue? It's a one piece sculpt. GW would at least have separate arms.

More scary is the introduction of cards into DH. Makes it more like a board game IMO.

Son of the Lion
12-08-2009, 08:21
Unless that's a test cast maybe? To be honest, I'm not sure the one lying by the sprue is actually attached to it.

Interesting stuff though.

juicifer
12-08-2009, 08:54
Squats ahoy!?

Marsekay
12-08-2009, 09:04
seems to have a leather biker jacket.
dont think its got a storm bolter, just something resembling one.

Tokamak
12-08-2009, 09:39
Indeed. The cards and conveniently placed piece of white paper are somewhat telling. Also the figure "on sprue" looks to be a different colour to the sprue itself (grey rather than blue-grey). Still, a bit of fun, eh? :D

EDIT - Oh, and posted on Dakka by a first time poster. :rolleyes:

Aye, I'm glad someone spotted all these as well.

I call hoax.

Harry
12-08-2009, 09:53
You wouldn't believe me if I told you. :D

Ravenheart
12-08-2009, 09:56

It's worth a try; tell us! ;)

Blutrache
12-08-2009, 09:56

If S***ts is coming I'm buying!

/Cheers

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 10:04
I hope and pray it's true but i just don't see it being so the whole picture looks like a set up and i can't remember the last time a GW Sculptor or Painter for that matter had a work station that clean.

messenger
12-08-2009, 10:58
It looks like it could be a Marine for the Starcraft Board Game, I've heard such a thing exists and it looks about right for Starcraft.

The Phazer
12-08-2009, 11:08
Well blimey. That's interesting. And I suspect genuine too...

Phazer

Killgore
12-08-2009, 11:23
I reckon there will be a release of certain creatures/ characters from the Dark Heresy RPG rules books

For example that monster in the pic and that Demuirig looking thing. I dont expect a full army, just a model or two for use with the RPG game or as interesting models for 40K collectors.

Sephiroth
12-08-2009, 11:31

Reveal your secrets! :p :D

Vogon
12-08-2009, 11:53
Harry once again sweeps in with a tanatlizing morsel and then leaves without fulfilling the needs of the many.

I'm interested in these and think it probably is something for the Fantasy Flight games and not mainstream 40K though I'd love to be proved wrong.

Cheers

Vogon (struggling with a dodgy keyboard)

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 11:57
Maybe this could be to do with the much-vaunted secret box instead of SH?

EndGame
12-08-2009, 12:14
I dare say that this is something Fantasy Flight, those who make the Dark Heresy RPG elements you see in the photo, are cooking up.

The 'front cover' for the weapons cards reads 'Dark Heresy: Armoury', which is not part of the current product line, nor even mentioned in their upcoming products list of the recent 'State of the Game Address' on their website.

There was talk a while back about Fantasy Flight adding a miniatures element to Dark Heresy as they have been doing with their Anima line. Makes no sense not to really, if you are basing an RPG on a miniatures game in the first place.

Interesting, certainly, and introducing the Demiurg to Dark Heresy makes a lot of sense, but definatly not an indictation of the introduction of Demiurg to 40k 5th Ed in any way.

Dryaktylus
12-08-2009, 12:17
Maybe this could be to do with the much-vaunted secret box instead of SH?

Maybe the huge guys on the photo are the "Space Hulks"? :D

Grimtuff
12-08-2009, 12:22
Maybe the huge guys on the photo are the "Space Hulks"? :D

I don't want to insult your intelligence here, but you do know what a Space Hulk in the 40k universe is right?

pringles978
12-08-2009, 12:25
definitely look a bit wierd, one of the card thingys says gaurdsmen on it, maybe its for IG ? unless they're squats, they look a bit stubby :) ha ha, hard to tell scale wise though, legs are definitely quite short, hmmmmm?

could somebody reset the clock?

Grimtuff
12-08-2009, 12:27
could somebody reset the clock?

:eyebrows:
Squats=Demiurg

Only, not.... Confusing isn't it. ;)

Industrial Propaganda
12-08-2009, 12:45

Then tell me, maybe I will.

Jedi152
12-08-2009, 12:54
I don't want to insult your intelligence here, but you do know what a Space Hulk in the 40k universe is right?

Maybe, just maybe, he was joking? :D

pringles978
12-08-2009, 13:02
:eyebrows:
Squats=Demiurg

Only, not.... Confusing isn't it. ;)

he said the s-word, so it counts....:D

personally, i hope its a false roumour. im just getting my hands on a large rt era s***t army ive wanted for so long.... new models would ruin it.:cries:

Hokiecow
12-08-2009, 13:04
It's very static, doesn't seem to go with the current GW theme of modeling.

drmarco
12-08-2009, 13:13
I reckon there will be a release of certain creatures/ characters from the Dark Heresy RPG rules books

For example that monster in the pic and that Demuirig looking thing. I dont expect a full army, just a model or two for use with the RPG game or as interesting models for 40K collectors

Perhaps an obvious application for not only this, but a simple step takes us to a good outlet for the collectors range, and for new (or indeed any!) GW sculptors who want to do 'one-off's'...if Fantasy Flight did a 40k RP game with miniature support (like a simplified 28mm version of inquisitor) it becomes not only a perfect outlet for new single miniatures, but also a potential area to enrich the background of 40k with quirky character/hero types/long lost races, and a good test-bed for ideas they might be toying with for more major, mainstream release.

This in turn could lead to a cross pollenation back to 40k with those miniatures finding their way into tabletop armies, and vice versa, encouraging conversions and more characterful individuals in both settings, without a return to the 'special characters rule all' era of yesteryear...

My 2 cents? They look like squats. Plain and simple, right down to the jacket and what looks more like a plasma cutter/weaponised tool than a storm bolter.

If this in turn allows some sculptors to cut their teeth on a 'look' for new miniature ranges, and designers/developers to expand on the 40k setting I'm game. Wish listing I'd hope that it's a 'Necromunda/Inquistor-blend' game, with the capacity for a less restrictive gameplay than the mainstream game, and that might stir up the collective imaginations of the 40k community.

Is it that, Harry? Is it?

:D

Marco

Chaos and Evil
12-08-2009, 13:33
Well it looks to be a plastic set by my eye.

A low number of pieces on each model would imply either a starter set, a set designed for beginners, or stand-alone game.

Even a single plastic sprue implies considerable development effort and support, and the way that that white card is so artfully arranged to hide most of the sprue, who knows what else is on it. :-)

shabbadoo
12-08-2009, 13:34
Could these be from the "They Dun 'Et Them Squats!" mystery game box? :D

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 13:35
It's very static, doesn't seem to go with the current GW theme of modeling.

Could just be the angle. Also, having such relatively short limbs in comparison to their torso, they ain't gonna be as dynamic as, say, a broodlord, for example. Seems to fit the staunch dwarven archetype to look fairly static and robust, IMHO.

Chaos and Evil
12-08-2009, 13:42
A view of the second Squat.

BaloOrk
12-08-2009, 13:56
Maybe some RPG figures for Dark Heresy?

Interesting none the less...

t-tauri
12-08-2009, 13:58
Well it looks to be a plastic set by my eye.

A low number of pieces on each model would imply either a starter set, a set designed for beginners, or stand-alone game.

Even a single plastic sprue implies considerable development effort and support, and the way that that white card is so artfully arranged to hide most of the sprue, who knows what else is on it. :-)

To my eye the sprue and the model are different shades of gray. Are the sprue and the prone model actually associated?
A view of the second Squat.These look like resin casts to me.

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 14:03
These look like resin casts to me.

Does GW make resin casts during the prototyping period, or does that hint more at a homebrew job if they are resin?

Joewrightgm
12-08-2009, 14:04

To wit, I say "Kill da stunties, and take dere stuff! WAAAGH!"

So we're going to see either Demiurg or the return of the Squat from annihilation at the hands of the Hive Mind and the Green Tide?

Brimstone
12-08-2009, 14:07
I'm not convinced it's a Demiurg/Squat or even an official GW model.

t-tauri
12-08-2009, 14:08
Does GW make resin casts during the prototyping period, or does that hint more at a homebrew job if they are resin?They do of metals as it gives a more detailed finish. Many of the painted models in WD will be resins.

To me they have the look of someone's homebrew Dark Heresy miniatures in resin.

aka_mythos
12-08-2009, 14:10
My guess is one of FFG's artists whipped it together either for fun or as a still life subject for other art he was working on.

KingNova3000
12-08-2009, 14:45
Wow these models are quite unique aren't they. They're not big, they're only mounted on 25mm slotta bases. Odd that there is a mix of Dark Heresy stuff there, all spread out to draw attention away or to cover something else up. The head on the model/s looks very ogre with beard....so dwarfy I guess. The guns look like chunky bolt pistols, two barrels by the looks of it, so maybe a storm bolter type weapon.

scarletsquig
12-08-2009, 14:45
Can't be an FFG miniatures game, they don't have the licence for that.

silverstu
12-08-2009, 14:49

*ahem* WHAT!?!
:D

Would be nice if the wee beardie fellas returned to 40k..
Interesting...

[the rumour section has sprung to life a little lately hasn't it!]

The Dude
12-08-2009, 14:52
[the rumour section has sprung to life a little lately hasn't it!]

You ever see Weekend at Bernie's? Because I think he sprang to life in much the same way...

The Judge
12-08-2009, 14:54
The big creature at the back is my favourite - looks like the Dark heresy Fenksworld Pit Thing, and with all those Dark Heresy cards it's almost confirmed.

I doubt it'll ever see anything close to release, but damn it is pretty.

loveless
12-08-2009, 14:56
And here we all were thinking it was going to be Space Hulk - really it's going to be the special edition "Nyom Nyom CHOMP" game, where you reenact the wondrous last stand of the Squats as the Tyranid hive fleets devour their world.

...or even better.."Hungry Hungry Tyranids" - much like Hungry Hungry Hippos, with little Squat models instead of marbles.

Looks like free-time work, "cunningly" placed by a sprue. I don't mind being wrong on this one, though.

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 15:03
And here we all were thinking it was going to be Space Hulk - really it's going to be the special edition "Nyom Nyom CHOMP" game, where you reenact the wondrous last stand of the Squats as the Tyranid hive fleets devour their world.

...or even better.."Hungry Hungry Tyranids" - much like Hungry Hungry Hippos, with little Squat models instead of marbles.

Looks like free-time work, "cunningly" placed by a sprue. I don't mind being wrong on this one, though.

It could be an amalgam of the two concepts. And, seeing as those dwarfy types really tend to take things like being consumed wholesale so personally, they could call it Space Sulk.

Clearly some of the more connected chaps on here know something about what's in the pipes. Please spill something, however cryptic. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeease. :)

Kalishnikov-47
12-08-2009, 16:44

Oh come on Harry, just a wee snippet of info wouldnt kill you. I could be your bodyguard if it were the case.

Tymell
12-08-2009, 16:54
Very interesting spot!

It definitely -looks- like a Squat/Demiurg. The stocky form, the bulky, square gun. I can't see it being anything else that I'm aware of. And the appearance of one on-sprue (assuming that's genuine) would go against the idea of a random personal sculpting.

I doubt it is the first sighting of an actual army release. The single piece model would seem odd. But I definitely could see it for Space Hulk. We know that's coming, and with the board game maybe they're simplifying the kits, to emphasise it as a pick-up-and-play board game rather than a modelling-based tabletop wargame. Them appearing in it would also fit nicely with what we've seen so far (i.e. a race based on starships), and could provide GW with a way to guage their appeal.

WANT! :D (and sigged!)

Hokiecow
12-08-2009, 16:55
You ever see Weekend at Bernie's? Because I think he sprang to life in much the same way...

Great analogy!
I think you hit it spot on.

Maxis Lithium
12-08-2009, 17:00
Given that the big monster things arn't GW models, I'm strongly suspecting that the 'dermung' aren't GW either. The proportions are all wrong, and they look too static, too much like the 3 piece 'standy' mariens you get in the starter kit.

Now, what Harry said ont he other hand... Makes me suspisous.

Pherom Sichar
12-08-2009, 17:05

But I don't think that would stop GW/ForgeWorld from capitalizing on the success of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader.

The Fenksworld Pit Thing behind them really makes me think this is a possibility.

GW does Collectors Range models and Forgeworld already does specialty models.

I'm hoping somebody comes in and adds some depth to Harry's hintings...

Siam-Tiger
12-08-2009, 17:12
Perhaps a special PC/NPC miniature sprue for Dark Heresy?

Faeslayer
12-08-2009, 17:13
I'm hoping somebody comes in and adds some depth to Harry's hintings...

His hint is good enough for me.

If we wouldn't believe it if he told us, then it isn't a photo of some random non-40k models (because, hey, that is pretty believable).

Which is all I need to know. :D

CitizenNick
12-08-2009, 17:31
His hint is good enough for me.

If we wouldn't believe it if he told us, then it isn't a photo of some random non-40k models (because, hey, that is pretty believable).

Which is all I need to know. :D

Or he's just toying with us.

Pherom Sichar
12-08-2009, 17:35
Or he feels that we're all frothing-mad rumour mongers and even if he said that they were not slated for release some among our number would still be getting ready to build an army of vertically-challenged spacemen.

Or they're really being released - it could go either way.

Still hoping for a few more details...

Kyuss
12-08-2009, 17:37
are these not the chaos ogryns....?

Faeslayer
12-08-2009, 17:38
Or he's just toying with us.

Possible! But what his statement is meant to imply is more-or-less clear, be it true or untrue.:)

Anyway, no one who knows is gonna spill, so guess we must.

aka_mythos
12-08-2009, 17:50
The more I think on this, the more I get the feeling I saw this a year ago when someone posted it up around here. That it turned out to just be a miniature one of their developers made of his character.

Shadowphrakt
12-08-2009, 17:55
Why would the Demiurg be up there? Well, they're a space-borne race, and they're well-known traders. If they are making Rogue Trader figures, it makes sense to create figures for a race that could be encountered a lot.

...a space bourne race that was completely and utterly destroyed, but not before they gave the Tau Ion tech.

on another note my mate has made a demiurg codex, and has specific models for it. I don't want GW to make a Demiurg codex as it would spoil his and they'd ruin their own :D

Doppleskanger
12-08-2009, 17:59
I dunno, the thing it looks like to me is one of the retinue models from the WH codex. What with the other mini's looking distinctly like Inquisitors, and all the Dark Heresy stuff lying around, I think it's more likely to be some messed up member of an Inquisitors retinue than a Demiurg.
As to what they are for and who did them? Who knows? Well, Harry does apparently! I'm guessing they are official in some way, even if that only means done by an employee for fun, because other wise how would harry know anything about them?

Earthbeard
12-08-2009, 18:06
Interesting.

Maybe the big brute/ape things are the Nicassar? aren;t they supposed to be scaly ape things?

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 18:18
Interesting.

Maybe the big brute/ape things are the Nicassar? aren;t they supposed to be scaly ape things?

How about reimagined Ambulls?

MarshallSam
12-08-2009, 18:19
Interesting.

I thought they were pancake pandas. Gee that's fun to say:D

Edit: I believe the Nicassar are polar bear-like but flat...sort of

Earthbeard
12-08-2009, 18:20
I thought they were pancake pandas. Gee that's fun to say:D

that was it, not apes, bloody bears....pah age is getting to me :P

Faeslayer
12-08-2009, 18:21
Interesting.

I thought they were polar bears.:confused:

EDIT- beaten to the punch!

Dr. Hellbeast
12-08-2009, 18:23
I thought they were polar bears.:confused:

Don't tell me GW have now got the frickin' His Dark Materials franchise, too. And I thought LOTR was a waste of creative resources. ;)

Huw_Dawson
12-08-2009, 18:26
I'm betting that the Tau are getting a new codex and those miniatures are for two more Tau units. It's probably the simplest solution to the question of "What are these models" given that Harry has not let this picture pass as a spoof or independent work.

- Huw

Tymell
12-08-2009, 18:30
Maybe we shouldn't read -too- much into Harry's comment. After all, even assuming he isn't just having some fun with us (;)), all he said is we wouldn't believe him. But that doesn't necessarily mean there are Demiurg on the way in some form. It could mean there's some weird story behind them, or some such.

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 18:35
Still not convinced this is GW's work the more i look at the pictures the more and more i think those bases are 40mm ones and not the 25mm that someone else has said they are.

Idaan
12-08-2009, 18:47
Maybe we shouldn't read -too- much into Harry's comment. After all, even assuming he isn't just having some fun with us (), all he said is we wouldn't believe him. But that doesn't necessarily mean there are Demiurg on the way in some form. It could mean there's some weird story behind them, or some such.
Yeah, in the current situation we're so starved to hear some concrete rumours that nobody would believe him if he said it was just some random guy's prank.

Still, I want to know what these are. I mean, they don't look like great sculpts, but they came out of nowhere and the uncertainity is the worst torture, as per "The Torturer's Tale"

Kaldanesh
12-08-2009, 19:18
This pic and the information around it almost seems like a sneak peek of an as yet undisclosed Dark heresy 3D role play game ala Warhammer Quest.

I think Scryer is dead on as to what these sculpts represent. the pit things from creatures anathemae are a direct lift from the artwork and the more complete human fig is almost assuredly the acolyte mentioned earlier in this thread; as it again bears a striking resemblance to the referenced artwork.

As for the two "sq__ts" these are anybody's guess although given that they do indeed look like 1-2 part models, it would certainly stand to reason that all of this stuff could be parts of a 40k version of Warhammer Quest"

Whether or not this is stuff from the aforementioned "space Hulk" mystery box or a leak regarding some other top secret project remains to be seen.

Harry??? any more nuggets?

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 19:20
as per "The Torturer's Tale"

I might start thinking your a old romantic with talk like that:p:p

Dangersaurus
12-08-2009, 19:25
My guess based on the DH class and weapon cards is that these are part of an upcoming Dark Heresy boardgame. Something along the lines of Warhammer Quest or Space Hulk. Maybe even a prepainted CMG.

johno
12-08-2009, 19:57
Actually, the first thing that sprang to my mind when I saw the pictures was some sort of Ogryn...

johno

Bloodspeaker
12-08-2009, 20:57
And I thought LOTR was a waste of creative resources.

Finally someone said it already, why did they have to divert resources from WH40K when they have some many more things to do with it, plus it's their top selling system...

Dangersaurus
12-08-2009, 21:43
Finally someone said it already, why did they have to divert resources from WH40K when they have some many more things to do with it, plus it's their top selling system...

Well, all the Dark Heresy material on that table sort of suggests it's not from GW but from FFG. Different companies, different continents.

BaloOrk
12-08-2009, 23:31
Now i know(no, just wishful thinking actually), the upcoming secret box is a skirmish game with rogue traders, battling various xenos and such.
The supposed sq.... ehrm, Demiurg is just one of the many various (xeno)members you could have in the retinue(gang)

Dominus_Serui
12-08-2009, 23:43
You know what that square gun looks like to me? A down-sized vulcan megabolter...do you know what that suggests to me? We're all getting hyped up over a possibly experimental Ogryn Sculpt with a re-hashed Ripper Gun.

Gorthaur
12-08-2009, 23:54
You know what that square gun looks like to me? A down-sized vulcan megabolter...do you know what that suggests to me? We're all getting hyped up over a possibly experimental Ogryn Sculpt with a re-hashed Ripper Gun.

Nah, why would they bother with that? The new ogryns are fine...these new sculpts arent heavily muscled enough to be Ogryns. The weapon hes using looks alot more Tau to me, its hard to tell...but it looks like a double barrel laser weapon to me.

Mannimarco
12-08-2009, 23:54
mounted on a 25mm round base, even if it was a prototype ogryn sculpt im not sure it would be mounted on a 25mm base, it would be ogryn scale on a 40mm i think

dang i got ninjad by a post at the same time!

Justice And Rule
13-08-2009, 00:28
Those are definitely not an Ogryn remodel; the heads and legs are way, way too small. As for new Termies, these don't resemble Termies; these have a "paunchy" feel, and the thighs on these models are practically nonexistant. It's almost as if their boots (Which are massive) go right into the armor itself.

Their guns also look like they could possibly be combi-weapons.

Chaos and Evil
13-08-2009, 00:29
To me they have the look of someone's homebrew Dark Heresy miniatures in resin.

But what about that plastic sprue?

One doesn't homebrew in plastic.

Kaldanesh
13-08-2009, 00:44

Agreed. These will likely see the light of day. Question is, as part of what?

40k quest would be very cool

Scryer in the Darkness
13-08-2009, 00:46

As has been mentioned several times, the colour of the prone model doesn't match the colour of the sprue. It's highly likely it's just been posed with a piece of empty sprue. That combined with the conveniently placed white piece of paper is the most suspicious part of the pic.

shabbadoo
13-08-2009, 01:13
They do of metals as it gives a more detailed finish.

Well, not quite. I asked Jes about this many years ago at Games Day L.A. where he had the green of the Sisters of Battle Celestine model on display(she had recently been released). Greens that go through the molding process(specifically the stage where the rubber mold in vulcanized) tend to darken and look almost "burned ", and can also be damaged by the process. When I brought up that the Celestine green wasn't "burned' in this way, Jes told me that GW makes molds of the greens and casts resin copies to use them in the molding process so that the original greens, which can be damaged during the molding process, are preserved in as pristine a condition as is possible, just in case. It's just an extra measure of insurance, but it does get minis in the hands of the painters that much quicker too, as they don't have to wait until the rubber mold-making process is finished.:)

Scryer in the Darkness
13-08-2009, 01:50
And just because as always in the place of talk, pictures walk the walk, if you push out the pic's saturation, the colour disparity between the sprue and the prone model becomes quite clear (arrows not relevant):

The Dude
13-08-2009, 02:16
Add to that the fact that the sprue doesn't seem to have injection points in the right spots. It would certainly need on at the tip of the gun

warflag
13-08-2009, 02:17
Sorry, misplaced post...

Bart

Kaldanesh
13-08-2009, 04:14
As usual, if it seems too good to be true...

The close-up on the sprue certainly suggests a staging as nearly irrefutably shown in that last pic.

And here I was getting all excited about demiurg...:(

Gorthaur
13-08-2009, 05:28
And just because as always in the place of talk, pictures walk the walk, if you push out the pic's saturation, the colour disparity between the sprue and the prone model becomes quite clear (arrows not relevant):

and his left arm appears to be a powerfist

Loki73
13-08-2009, 05:55
Uhm maybe its demiurg in a space hulk type game fighting those wierd beastie thingies in a space hulk? And maybe thats whats in the ??????mystery box?????

Absolutionis
13-08-2009, 06:52
Mystery Box is probably a set of miniatures for Dark Heresy and/or Rogue Trader RPG. That explains the set of exotic aliens and the Demiurg and the Dark Heresy cards in that image.

shabbadoo
13-08-2009, 07:08
Agreed. These will likely see the light of day. Question is, as part of what?

40k quest would be very cool

You might want to say "Most people don't homebrew in plastic." instead. However, I don't think that is the case here.

Brucopeloso
13-08-2009, 07:50
I'm betting that the Tau are getting a new codex and those miniatures are for two more Tau units.

- Huw

That would be great!

scheppo
13-08-2009, 08:54
I don't think that this as got anything to to with the mystery box. The rules on the cards - as far as I can say - are (oh wonder!) dark heresy rules and not a simplified rules set fit for a board game.

Another argument against the mystery box is that miniatures and cards are clearly DH related. Picking up FFGs RPG to use it as a base for a GW release doesn't seem like something either GW or FFG would consider a great idea.

So the most probable explaination imho would be that these are miniatures made to release for use with DH. Still this is quite odd because I'm sure that GW would neither produce minis for FFG for them to release nor let FFG produce 40k-related minis themselves... well at least they surely wouldn't like neither very much.

All in all I think its a fake. Especially the non plastic plasctic Squat blows it for me, because the arrangement clearly is intended to make it seem like the squat was plastic...

Chaos and Evil
13-08-2009, 09:22

I don't see any colour disparity that can't be explained by a difference in angle.

Chaos and Evil
13-08-2009, 09:29
A view of the second Squat.

Silly C&E, you didn't consider the possibility that this second Squat (the one on the left) was not plastic like the first.

If it's a Pro-Create sculpt in grey, then it's a miniature intended for Metal or Resin production. Alternatively it could be a resin master (though it doesn't have a 'shine' to it so I'm gonna come down on the side of Pro-Create).

So that explains the indents on the end of the gun that would need a slide-mould to be produced in plastic... the Squat on the left is not intended for Plastic Production, but is instead intended for lower volume production (perhaps as a character model for an army, or stand alone game?).

scheppo
13-08-2009, 09:32
Another point is that one of the "plastic squats" while being the same colour as the others seems to be unfinished... These surely aren't plastics.

Scryer in the Darkness
13-08-2009, 09:36
I don't see any colour disparity that can't be explained by a difference in angle.
Sprue and sprue component colour doesn't change distinct from each other with the angle. The overall shade can change sure, but not the colour tone. You don't get a blue shift on the sprue while the components are green/grey. Try it. Go and photograph some sprues with the components on. I have. The colour stays constant.

Marsekay
13-08-2009, 09:50
the mystery box is apparently a one time/limited run whatever, demiurg boxed set.

cant wait to get mine!

Dr. Hellbeast
13-08-2009, 09:54
Just to play Devil's advocate here; the plastic sprue could just be there as a result of it being a work area. The photographer may have not even intended to try to make it look like the model was on a sprue. He could have just laid it down and it happened to be on top of the sprue. Just throwin' it out there. :)

Scryer in the Darkness
13-08-2009, 10:11
Just to play Devil's advocate here; the plastic sprue could just be there as a result of it being a work area. The photographer may have not even intended to try to make it look like the model was on a sprue. He could have just laid it down and it happened to be on top of the sprue. Just throwin' it out there. :)
A fair enough position to take I guess, but the placement of the card and piece of white paper just seem too convenient. They too nicely cover up the bottom of the model where we would expect to see a tab and injection points if it were a plastic production model. As it is, the photo "just so happens" to give the impression of a model on sprue while covering up any telltale areas that would confirm one way or the other.

In Science and in Rumour-mongering, there are no coincidences. ;)

Dr. Hellbeast
13-08-2009, 11:22
A fair enough position to take I guess, but the placement of the card and piece of white paper just seem too convenient. They too nicely cover up the bottom of the model where we would expect to see a tab and injection points if it were a plastic production model. As it is, the photo "just so happens" to give the impression of a model on sprue while covering up any telltale areas that would confirm one way or the other.

In Science and in Rumour-mongering, there are no coincidences. ;)

Yeah, the more you look at it the more the image seems carefully composed.

Shame, really. It's pretty sad if your hobbies include raising and dashing the hopes of strangers on internet forums. He needs to put more of his creative energies into maybe signing up on a dating website to get himself a girlfriend if this is the case.

First date.

Girl: So what do you like to do with your free time?

False Demiurg Dude: I like to sculpt small models, then take grainy photos of them to try to pass them off as official product. Here's the money shot: I then post said image on a website dedicated to discussing upcoming new models in the hopes it'll dash some people's hopes. It really is a lot of fun.

Girl: I'm... just... popping... outside... Taxi !!!

t-tauri
13-08-2009, 11:49
The source for the image is a single post here (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/390/250574.page) on Dakka. (Scroll down to about half way). The rapidshare account used had a 10 time only download limit but "fortunately" another new user had saved it. Both posters hadn't posted before or have posted since.

shabbadoo
13-08-2009, 11:54
Alternatively it could be a resin master (though it doesn't have a 'shine' to it so I'm gonna come down on the side of Pro-Create).

Resin castings having a shine is a misconception. Resin castings will only have a shine if the original piece was glass smooth or the mold is hosed down with enough spray release to make the mold surface about that smooth. Powder release(or no release) usually leaves no shine at all. Anybody else who has done a variety of resin casting will be able to corroborate this.

Pistols At Dawn
13-08-2009, 11:56
I've been half following this mystery box subject, but I can't find any announcements from GW themselves about it. Have they made any statements?

shabbadoo
13-08-2009, 11:58
Nothing specific, though apparently that may change by Sunday as that is when Games Day Germany is.

Dr. Hellbeast
13-08-2009, 12:09
The source for the image is a single post here (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/390/250574.page) on Dakka. (Scroll down to about half way). The rapidshare account used had a 10 time only download limit but "fortunately" another new user had saved it. Both posters hadn't posted before or have posted since.

Yeah, just had a peek at that. The way it was just casually dropped into another conversation seemed very contrived. Even a new poster would recognise the gravity of such news is deserving of its own thread. Definitely adds weight to the unofficial vibe of all this.

baphomael
13-08-2009, 12:37
Now, now, this is all very intriguing...

Chaos and Evil
13-08-2009, 15:37
Resin castings having a shine is a misconception. Resin castings will only have a shine if the original piece was glass smooth or the mold is hosed down with enough spray release to make the mold surface about that smooth. Powder release(or no release) usually leaves no shine at all. Anybody else who has done a variety of resin casting will be able to corroborate this.

Being as I own a vacuum chamber, pressure pot, vacuum pump, air compressor, etc, and use it for resin casting, I'd say I know a little bit about resin.

Like many others here I've also examined some of GW's resin masters intended for metal production up close. They all tend to have a bit of a shine to them.

Cleutin
13-08-2009, 17:14
Makes sense to me that GW would team up with FFG to make an intro miniature game out of Dark Heresy and cash in on the popularity. Incidently people have commented that the big critter seems to be a Fenksworld Pit Thing from the Dark Heresy supplement Creatures Anathema. I don't think anyone's mentioned the other big beastie to the right looks like a Stenchbeast of Strank from the same book.
As for the Demiurg idea, well it'd make sense to me. Some ideas are aleady established and it'd make sense to develop them in the rpg side of things. Let's face it though there's no way they'll release a new race for the tabletop, GW can't even release a new codex for every race that has an army before they move to new editions.

scheppo
13-08-2009, 17:46
Speaking of Creatures Anathema... are Demiurg in there? Maybe even with a nice picture?

Bloodspeaker
13-08-2009, 18:05
Sadly no the most interesting race idea that the rpg has produced are the Slaugth imo.

TabulaRasa
13-08-2009, 19:17
Sprue and sprue component colour doesn't change distinct from each other with the angle. The overall shade can change sure, but not the colour tone. You don't get a blue shift on the sprue while the components are green/grey. Try it. Go and photograph some sprues with the components on. I have. The colour stays constant.

if you've been doing a lot of working with intrerior design and also been painting still lifes you know that colours can change drastically depending on the light. From that picture I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same material in the sprue and modell.

I find the cards most intriguing since they suggest some kind of new game.

loveless
13-08-2009, 19:28
The colors that change based on light do not change enough to warrant the difference in the shades of plastic (and the location of said shades) on the model/sprue in question. There should also be a connection between the gun and the sprue - the model itself may be obscuring one, but I'd expect it on the barrel edge of the gun as opposed to the top side of it.

The other odd bit about the coloring is that the entire "Demiurg" is one color, while the sprue is a different color. You'd expect at least some area of consistent shade assuming they were connected at some point. Someone called out earlier for a photo of a conjoined sprue photographed in such a way that the models/bits on it are a different color than the sprue they're connected to. I suggest someone put up such a picture as well.

The cards look like Dark Heresy quick reference cards. I'd imagine it as a quick way to pull out stats for fighters/gear without having to flip through the books. The positioning and font remind me of the character sheets and other information from DH, but that could just be because I haven't played it in several months.

baphomael
13-08-2009, 20:16
Speaking of Creatures Anathema... are Demiurg in there? Maybe even with a nice picture?

No, but they may be in the Rogue Trader book, or perhaps in a supplement for it. Which would make sense, given theme.

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
13-08-2009, 20:25

Then perhaps they are for a 40K board game. They do use miniatures for those.

scheppo
13-08-2009, 22:11
If Demiurg had been in the book this would have made a clear picture of minis designed to be used for DH... Well, it's still the most probable explaination anyways.

UlricDarksoul
13-08-2009, 22:25
does are the new dark eldar models... nah

for what i would guess, they are models for an RPG called horus heresy or something like that, because of the sheets that are at their feet...i rather don't think GW is creating them again before taking my dear DE out (next eyar, and they'll say next year again, and so on, as it have been for the last 5 years)

Grimstonefire
14-08-2009, 00:33
Probably mentioned already, but the guy second from left has some sort of writing on his tab, which I assume is probably for copyright reasons.

For a model to have a tab that thick (from the side) and have writing on is interesting I think.

It could just mean that the model is pinned onto it for sculpting and not actually attached, but it could also mean that it's not designed to go into/onto a GW base.

Another interesting thing is that whilst all the other things are flat models (no undercuts could mean for plastic) the troll things do not appear to be multipart models. This could mean they are awaiting the cutting, but all things considered I believe these are fan made models cast in grey resin and/or spray undercoated grey (hence that guy is not attached to the sprue).

The copyright info thing may mean these will be for sale eventually, but not through GW or any of its partner companies.

The True Mooseman
14-08-2009, 01:26
The cards look like Dark Heresy quick reference cards. I'd imagine it as a quick way to pull out stats for fighters/gear without having to flip through the books.

This. See the previews of WFRP3 for something similar.

I really like this idea, actually. It adds a sense of immediacy to the proceedings, instead of having to stop for five minutes in the middle of a tense action scene while you search for the stats of an autopistol.

jmkeown
14-08-2009, 02:17
I asked Ross today in Indy about the pic. He instantly knew what I was talking about. He said he knew of no FFG product that matches the pic.

No Fantasy Flight Games product.

Oh... and no Demiurg in RT. Eldar, Orks, and Kroot, but no Squats. I have the book open in front of me...

zealot!
14-08-2009, 02:45
I asked Ross today in Indy about the pic. He instantly knew what I was talking about. He said he knew of no FFG product that matches the pic.

No Fantasy Flight Games product.

Oh... and no Demiurg in RT. Eldar, Orks, and Kroot, but no Squats. I have the book open in front of me...

now my eyebrow is raised.

Epicenter
14-08-2009, 03:17
I'm going to say it right now - I don't think it's a hoax.

I think it's going to be some adventure module or something for RT, perhaps not made by FFG (or perhaps even made by GW either) but somehow "officially" licensed. These would be the miniatures that would come with the module. I'm sure I'm just wishful-thinking this partially, but I suspect I'm not entirely wrong.

Demiurg and so on would be ideal subjects for an RPG - not the same commitment necessary as to launch a whole new army for 40k, yet giving us a bunch of the "monster" type creatures like in the old old old RT days like Ambulls and Gyrinxes and so on.

loveless
14-08-2009, 03:32
They could always be old leftovers from before FFG had Dark Heresy...

Dargon
14-08-2009, 04:36
Fascinating... I will be watching this thread with great interest to see what the final truth turns out to be.:D

I'm particularly interested in...
* That the little guys are very clearly "Squats" and not Demiurg. Detail may be fuzzy, but it's clear enough that these guys bear very little resemblance to the Jez Goodwin "Demiurg" concept sketches that have been floating around. Does this mean Squats are coming back? Does this mean Demiurg as aliens have been scrapped and Squats are just taking the name?

* That the whole scene is very clearly a careful set-up. I agree with others that the prone Squat is clearly not part of the sprue he is sitting in - he's made of the same stuff all the other sculpts are made of (same hue), while the plastic Sprue is a very different hue (cool grey as opposed to the warm grey of the sculpts). The whole thing looks very fishy.

* The implication that Harry seems to know what this all is, but won't tell (if this was some hoax or private sculptor, surely Harry would have spilled the beans?:eyebrows:).

Looking forward to seeing where this all is headed.

Just a thought...

Azzy
14-08-2009, 06:41
Yeah, sorry, but this just screams "hoax".

ScooterinAB
14-08-2009, 06:57
I might as well have a stab at this.

Looking at the "Armoury" cover page, it looks off. Like when you print out a full color page on an inkjet, and you get slightly discolored horizontal lines. Plus, the perspective on it looks off (too tapered). But that could just be me.

Also, the big models in the back look like they are being scuplted, and they don't really look up to GW par. The other models though... not sure what to make of it.

It is entirely possible that the DH stuff is just ref cards someone printed up and mounted on board (similar to the Shadowrun Hack Cards; look 'em up). Studio or fan, it's impossible to say. But I kind of doubt that it is an official product.

Loki73
14-08-2009, 06:59
Really how do you figure that did you look at those cards next to the figs? I guess we shall know soon enough.

through those grainy pics you detected that?

shabbadoo
14-08-2009, 07:17
If this turns out to be a purposeful red herring I'll be having a really good laugh. :D

sgtspiff
14-08-2009, 08:31
Has no one actually thought of the prospect that GW finally managed to keep something pretty secret to us??

Yeah we got a pic but hardly anyone believes it. Would be awsome if GW finally could suprise us.

Son of the Lion
14-08-2009, 08:46
If this turns out to be a purposeful red herring I'll be having a really good laugh. :D
It would be worthy of a chuckle, but not as much as if it's genuine and all the would-be photo forensic analysists on here are talking out of their trousers..... :p

Carkey
14-08-2009, 10:29
I suspect that there is more to this picture than seems. In the back of the photo, there appears to be something lying on the desk and cover in a hard case. It almost looks like a laptop. So, the question is do many sculptors have laptops on their desk? I suspect not. But what also seems to be interesting, is that there are only models for unknown races. If this was the desk of a GW sculptor, odds are that he'd have some Dark Eldar, Tyranids or Necron bits on his desk. However, only stuff for his RPG.

silverstu
14-08-2009, 10:48
I'm wondering if it could be a side project of a gw sculptor..[didn't the perry's do the LOTR trolls- they used to do dwarfs and squats?].
I like the idea that GW have kept something very secret and this is a very cunning "leak".
or it is a very good hoax as it has not easily been dismissed.

Harry
14-08-2009, 10:56
The implication that Harry seems to know what this all is, but won't tell (if this was some hoax or private sculptor, surely Harry would have spilled the beans?:eyebrows:).
I don't just keep up with what GW is doing. My interests extend to all things Warhammer related. I take an interest in concept art, minis, games, anything based on the Warhammer background.

If for no other reason that everything, no matter which company produces it, is influenced/controlled by GW IP.

Has no one actually thought of the prospect that GW finally managed to keep something pretty secret to us??

Yeah we got a pic but hardly anyone believes it. Would be awsome if GW finally could suprise us.
Ohhhh, they still have a few secrets, the odd little surprise up there sleeves. :D

DarthSte
14-08-2009, 11:02
I don't just keep up with what GW is doing. My interests extend to all things Warhammer related. I take an interest in concept art, minis, games, anything based on the Warhammer background.

If for no other reason that everything, no matter which company produces it, is influenced/controlled by GW IP.

Ohhhh, they still have a few secrets, the odd little surprise up there sleeves. :D

Hmmm... Interest growing...

aka_mythos
14-08-2009, 13:40
Makes sense to me that GW would team up with FFG to make an intro miniature game out of Dark Heresy and cash in on the popularity. No it doesn't. GW got rid of Dark Heresy, selling it off because it wasn't worth while too them. May be this is the result of some contractual obligation on GW's part, with Dark Heresy's sale, but it flies in the face of why the sold it. They sold it to FFG because they had put so much resources into it, they didn't believe they could recoup them and they didn't think they could give the game proper support. So why would they sell off something, so that they wouldn't have to give it proper support, just to turn around and invest that capital.

If you are correct and this is true, it doesn't bode well for FFG, because if GW has rediscovered an interest they're likely to take back FFG's license and just produce the game themselves.

I'm going to say it right now - I don't think it's a hoax. I don't think its a hoax either, I just think it was someone snapping away pictures and alot of people reading more into it then it really is. FFG's staff actually play the game and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually make their own "things" to support their own campaigns.

Pherom Sichar
14-08-2009, 14:01
If you are correct and this is true, it doesn't bode well for FFG, because if GW has rediscovered an interest they're likely to take back FFG's license and just produce the game themselves.

It also doesn't bode well for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader...
Going from playing first fiddle at FFG to playing fourth fiddle (after LotR, of all things) at GW would probably spell the end of the games.

loveless
14-08-2009, 14:17
Hmm...maybe it went like this:

Minion: "Sir! The customers are starting to suspect that the mystery box is Space Hulk! It's all they're talking about!"
Evil GW Overlord: "What?! Quick, put something together to make it look like the Squats are coming back!"
Minion: "Yes Sir!"

Getifa Ubazza
14-08-2009, 14:33
At least one thing has come out of this thread for me. It's making me look at Dark Heresy as a possible game for me and my son to play. I would love Sq__ts to be usable in something Warhammer related, as I came into the hobby just as they were going. I almost started an army of them, But wen't with IG when I couldn't get the stuff at GW's store.

Usagi3
14-08-2009, 17:04
Just got an e-mail by GW France, saying :

Rendez-vous on GW direct, on august the 17th, 9AM...

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 17:43
Just got an e-mail by GW France, saying :

Rendez-vous on GW direct, on august the 17th, 9AM...

I've actually taken the day off on the Monday. Thinking I'll have a saunter up to GW Windsor.

chaos0xomega
14-08-2009, 17:47
I dont know if anyone mentioned this in the previous 9 pages, and I dont really care. Why do we assume its a Demiurg and not just a squat? The Design Studio recently reacknowledged the existence of the squats, and has said maybe one day they might be revisited.

But WHERE has it ever officially been said that Demiurg are short space humanoids/space dwarfs? WHERE!? As far as I know forgeworld never gave a physical description...

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 17:51
I dont know if anyone mentioned this in the previous 9 pages, and I dont really care. Why do we assume its a Demiurg and not just a squat? The Design Studio recently reacknowledged the existence of the squats, and has said maybe one day they might be revisited.

But WHERE has it ever officially been said that Demiurg are short space humanoids/space dwarfs? WHERE!? As far as I know forgeworld never gave a physical description...

A couple of alleged Jes Goodwin concepts are floating around on here.

Edit, there you go: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40899

Industrial Propaganda
14-08-2009, 17:54

Because "Squats" is a very bad name ? As JJ stated : "What were we thinking?"

I don't know if it's reacknowledged. Golgotha stuff is still full Imperial in the neo-fluff.

All the stuff about Demiurg comes from Battlefleet Gothic :
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg

chaos0xomega
14-08-2009, 18:52
Whats golgotha?

As for the Jes Goodwin concepts, I remember when they were first photographed. The photagrapher stated that Jes wasn't present but he assumed that they were Demiurg concepts. And yes, Squats are a bad name, but that could easily be retconned by making that the Imperiums derogatory nickname for them, and then give them a proper name which they call themselves.

Justice And Rule
14-08-2009, 18:53
You know, people keep calling them Demiurg concepts, but perhaps the concept has changed. Heck, Godwin denied them being Demiurg concepts anyways. Let's stop saying they "don't fit the conceptual art" when it's outdated and never been confirmed as concept art in the first place.

chaos0xomega
14-08-2009, 19:02
Thank you Justice, further proof that Demiurg are not neo-squats.

dicnar
14-08-2009, 19:23
I must say I like the concept that they are more of a space faring, trader race not a joke army of hells angles on bikes.

karmap
14-08-2009, 22:08
similar pic:

loveless
14-08-2009, 22:11
Now, those items do look to be on the sprues. Now someone go "en-biggen" them and start wildly speculating what's on them.

EDIT: It is humourous, however, that someone made an account on WarSeer just to post that pic. :p

verydarkshadow
14-08-2009, 22:18
Welcome to Warseer, Karmap. Thanks for the pic.

I agree with Loveless, the sprue looks like it contains parts from the models. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I see one with a rocket-launcher type weapon just above the sprue.

Sephiroth
14-08-2009, 22:22
Thank you Justice, further proof that Demiurg are not neo-squats.

"I know I shouldn't get drawn on this... but... can't... resist

Seriously, a couple of points just so you can have an informed debate based on the real reasons that Squats are no longer available. Be warned, it is going to be hard reading for people that like the Squat background.

First of all, Squats were *not* dropped because they were not selling well. There were then, and are now, plenty of other figure ranges that sell in the sort of % quantaties that the Squats pulled down, especially when you look across all of the ranges produced by GW rather than just those for 40K.

No, the reason that the Squats were dropped was because the creatives in the Studio (people like me, Rick, Andy C, Gav etc) felt that we had failed to do the Dwarf 'archetype' justice in its 40K incarnation. From the name of the race (Squats - what *were* we thinking?!?!) through to the short bikers motif, we had managed to turn what was a proud and noble race in Warhammer and the other literary forms where the archetype exists, into a joke race in 40K. We only fully realised what we had done when we were working on the 2nd edition of 40K. Try as we might, we just couldn't work up much enthusiasm for the Squats. The mistake we made then (deeply regreted since) was to leave them in the background and the 'get you by' army list book that appeared. With hindsight, we should have dropped the Squats back then, and saved ourselves a lot of grief later on.

Anyway, the Squats made it into 2nd edition, and since we were doing army books for each of the races, we started to try and figure out what to do with them. Unfortunately we just couldn't figure out a way to update them and get them to work that we felt was good enough. The 'art' of working on an army as a designer is to find the thing that you think is cool and exciting about an army, and work it up into a strong theme. This 'muse' didn't strike any of us, and so, rather than bring out a second-rate product simply re-hashing the old background, we kept doing other army books instead, with stuff we did feel inspired by.

Now, while this was all going on for 40K, we were actually doing some rather good stuff for the Squats in Epic. On this scale there was a natural tendancy to focus on the big 'hand-made' war machines the Squat artisans produced, and this created an army with a feel that was very different to the biker hordes in 40K. However, this tended to reinforce the problems we saw in the Squat background rather than alleviate them, underlining what we *should* have done with the Squats in 40K.

In the end (and it took years to really get to the roots of the problem) this led to a realisation that we were going to have to drop the Squats in their 'Squat' form from the 40K background. There was little point having a major race that we weren't willing to make an army book for, and their inclusion in the background meant that people kept asking us when we'd do a Squat Codex. Instead we decided that we'd write the Squats out of the background by saying that their Homworlds had been devoured by a Tyranid Hivefleet. This would give us the option in the future to return to making a race based ont he Squat archetype for 40K. This race was given the name of Demiurg, and a certain amount of preliminary work was done to get a 'feel' for what the race would be like. At present the only hint of the Demiurg in 40K is the Demiurg spaceship for BFG. However, we do have this race 'in our back pocket' as a possible new race for 40K, or an interesting character model in Inquisitor, or whatever. So far the Demiurg have lost out to other projects, and it may be that their time never actually comes, as they will have to win through on their merits, not simply because we once made some Squat models in the past. At present, I have to say that it is more lilely that they *don't* make the cut than do, as there is a certain predudice these days to simply taking races from Warhammer and cross them over to 40K like we did in the early days, so it may be that the Squats/Demiurg end up remaining a footnote in the history of the 40K galaxy. Only time will tell...

The second point I'd like to make is about 'old moulds'. In the past, Mail Order in the UK and US used to be the place that we kept all of the retired moulds for Citadel Miniatures, and we used to offer a service where you could order any Citadel Mniature ever made from MO. However, there are now so many of these 'back catalogue' miniatures that it is simply impossible to keep all of the old moulds in Mail Order and offer this service. Instead, we pick and choose which back catalogue miniatures are kept available. At present we're still struggling to produce special catalogues for these ranges (in the US there is the 'Phone Book' catalogue with everything in it, while the UK has special 'collectors guides' that are themed round a race). Once we've ironed out the kinks in the way we deal with the range of collectors models we want to keep permenantly available, the plan is to offer up other parts of the back catalogue for limited periods of time. In effect this will divide the back catalogue into three parts: a range of classic models that are permenantly available, a range of classic models we dip into and bring out for a limited release, and a range of retired models that will no longer be sold either because we've decided that they are embarrassingly bad, or because we are no longer allowed to sell them due to licencing agreement changes. So far we're still slowly working on deciding which classic models we want to keep permenantly available, and its going to take several years to work through just those. The old Squat range is most likely to end up as retired models, I have to say, though there is a good chance that the Squat war engines they could simply into the limited release classic range. Once again, only time will tell...

I'll finish off by saying that whatever we decide to do 'officially', there is nothing stopping players with Squat armies from using them, either in Epic or 40k for that matter. There is no GW 'rule' against using old Citadel Miniatures, as long as you use them with exisiting army lists and in a way that won't cause confusion for other players. I recommend taking a positive stand by saying "Have you seen these cool old models? They're called the Squats and GW used to make them back in the late eighties/early nineties. I love 'em, so I count them as Imperial Guard and use them with the current rules..." Put like this I can't imagine that anyone would stop you from using your army.

Best regards,

Jervis Johnson
Head Fanatic"

They're the Squats replacements.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
14-08-2009, 22:30
Best i can do pic wise without becoming too blurry, interesting sprues top right - top left sorry, just edited this post

chaos0xomega
14-08-2009, 22:39
Sephiroth, that does not mean that they LOOK like space dwarves, merely that they are a space dwarf archetype. For all we know they are in fact energy beings (which would actually kind of make sense given their ion tech and their solar harvesting activities).

jmkeown
14-08-2009, 22:39
Best i can do pic wise without becoming too blurry, interesting sprues top right

similar pic:

There is a Stenchbeast of Strank, a Maw-Fluke and the previously identified Fenksworld Pit-Thing and Squats... no question. This project, whatever it is, from unknown first-time posters, is a Hive-World, Necromunda-styled thingie based in DH's Calixis Sector.

I for one am pleased beyond my capacity to expound.

Chaos and Evil
14-08-2009, 22:45
similar pic:

*pokes the dripping faucet*

Ooh, not Pro-Create, but plasteline?

Dangersaurus
14-08-2009, 22:46
Oh, I think there will be more than a few drips in the next day or two.

silverstu
14-08-2009, 22:51
oooo the plot thickens.. perhaps plastic squats after all...

loveless
14-08-2009, 22:57
Sephiroth, that does not mean that they LOOK like space dwarves, merely that they are a space dwarf archetype. For all we know they are in fact energy beings (which would actually kind of make sense given their ion tech and their solar harvesting activities).

Frankly, it doesn't mean that they don't look like space dwarfs, either :p

You're right, of course - they could be a race of Jigglypuff lookalikes with a variety of Megan Fox-shaped mining suits for all we know.

However, people seemed to whine when Xenology changed Hrud from would-be Space Skaven into...well...those things. I think most people expect the Demiurg to be dwarf-like, and I think GW is in that group.

chaos0xomega
14-08-2009, 23:44
I complained about the Xenology Hrud change, but thats because the whole "limbs have their own spines so it looks like it has accordians for limbs) thing was retarded...

Grimstonefire
15-08-2009, 00:13
I take back what I said earlier then, they are indeed on GW sprues!

Seems to be a few varieties of sizes in there as well.

Dr. Hellbeast
15-08-2009, 00:23
It's now looking like I might end up having to fix myself a nice warm glass of shut-the-hell-up. If it turns out official, I'll be happy to have been wrong with my minor doubts. :rolleyes:

The Dude
15-08-2009, 01:21
I'm still to be convinced that what's on those sprues is the same as what's standing next to them. There's 3 layers of sprue there, adn not nearly enough to be able to discern what bits are on there.

Scryer in the Darkness
15-08-2009, 01:56
Ah, good times, good times. :D

There's something on those sprues, though nothing identifiable at this stage... could be anything.

My position hasn't changed. These could be official models or just someone's private sculpts. And that in the OP's photo the prone model isn't on that sprue. :p

EDIT - Oh, and the two "human" sculpts on the light corks look more and more like 28mm equivalents of Inquisitors Covenant and Eisenhorn.

Grimbad
15-08-2009, 05:07
The one-time posters could be indicative of a hoax or of a clever viral marketing scheme GW is perpetrating to rouse interest without confirming anything, and, indeed, sow doubts. Their official stuff is being as cryptic as possible about the mystery box. My personal theory (I'm not at all familiar with Dark Heresy) involves that Specialist Games has said (IIRC) that they want to someday release original Rogue Trader as a PDF and perhaps they're releasing that to tie in with the FFG RT and releasing a joint model range to tie in with both?
End of conspiracy theorizing.

Dust King
15-08-2009, 06:56
EDIT - Oh, and the two "human" sculpts on the light corks look more and more like 28mm equivalents of Inquisitors Covenant and Eisenhorn.

Yeah, I saw a similarity to covenant, but I thought it was just me. Looking closer the stances and cloaks match up with the 54mm miniatures.

Don't know what this means, the re-release of some Inquisitor miniatures along with possible demiurg minis... interesting

t-tauri
15-08-2009, 07:01
The single post from a new user makes me think hoax. Looks like a fan project looking for attention.

Hellebore
15-08-2009, 07:41
Golgotha is a Squat homeworld. in the current ork codex the orks invade and overcome the planets 'abhuman population and their war collossi' along with Commissar Yarrick and the guard.

They don't mention them by name, because 'squat' IS a stupid name, but it's pretty clear what they are talking about.

The Demiurg have always been an alien species from the galactic east. Although they and the squats fill a similar archetypal niche, they are distinct and seperate species.

These look far more dwarfesque and thus more like squats.

I doubt these are GW sculpts because they are in very few pieces and seem doughy without the sharp edged detail GW miniatures have.

Hellebore

BramGaunt
15-08-2009, 08:08

Or everything else is ridicolously enlarged, just to confuse us. =)

DarthSte
15-08-2009, 10:16
The fact that these pictures are all from first and only style posters is very odd...

"Official Leaks"?

Chaos and Evil
15-08-2009, 11:57
The single post from a new user makes me think hoax. Looks like a fan project looking for attention.

Fan projects do not often stretch to the ten thousand pounds needed to create even a small plastic sprue tool. :angel:

"Official Leaks"?

It has already been remarked upon that these pictures seem kinda 'staged'.

They give oblique and ambiguous views, teasing info but not confirming it... and none of the first-posters are actually clarifying what's going on, they're just posting single images and then bolting for the hills...

Comrade Wraith
15-08-2009, 12:34
Maybe GW had a sudden burst of guilt about the whole clamp down on rumours thing. :p

Torgaddon
15-08-2009, 12:49
The most suspicious thing is that the photos have no clear subject other than a work area (you'd normally expect to see a wider shot of a work bench).
The motivation for taking any picture is to record a particular event in an unambiguous manner to be regarded at a later time. Sometimes you missfire and take a bad shot, but with digital cameras they are usually discarded. These IMO are bad shots which tells me, beause we don't know 'how official' they are, that...
a) the photograher does not have an eye for detail (whic his implausable if the photograher is the modeller)
b) it is a staged teaser for something, possibly Squits (my preferred term)
c) it is a hoax
d) it has come about purely by accident and people are reading far too much into it because it just an amateur's workbench. The sprues could be anything.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

fantomex
15-08-2009, 13:04
Well, I'd like to think that it's somewhat linked, the single posts here and on Dakka..
Dakka had "paranoidandroid" and we got "karmap".
Those with even the slightest taste in music will think Radiohead, obviously Karma Police and Paranoid Android, so at least there's one link between posters, either a badly thought out forum spamming, or a clever obvious hint.
God knows, even I''m not sure what to think now..
The person on Dakka who "rescued" the first pic is Paul Graham, blog here: http://itslikewatchingpaintdry.blogspot.com/
Any more info will be found out on monday, methinks..

ThousandPlateaus
15-08-2009, 13:16
Hmm... Is it possible that these are pieces from a Dark Heresy board-game; kind of like a Warhammer40kQuest, which would mean that the 'Space Hulk' rumours were sort of true but not completely accurate.

It'd be easy, and amazingly good business sense, for GW and FFG to put together an introductory board-game similar to the GW/MB games of old (FFG were given licence to produce board-games when they took on the GW roleplaying franchise after all).

That's definitely a picture of some kind of Squat and some kind of gribbly beast from the Creatures Anathema...

Indeed, one of the jpegs is titled 'dhbgmb'. Dark Heresy Board Game MB (games)?

doghouse
15-08-2009, 14:20
I'm really hoping that this is the mystery box contents and not space hulk. These models look really nice regardless of whether they are legit or not and I'm really hoping this is the new interpretation of the Demiurg.
Just have to wait to see what crops up at the German GD now for confirmation.

t-tauri
15-08-2009, 15:30
Fan projects do not often stretch to the ten thousand pounds needed to create even a small plastic sprue tool. :angel:
None of the pictures show the "sprues" clearly enough to say the minis are on them. I'm pretty sure they're resins.

ThousandPlateaus
15-08-2009, 15:34
Is it the German GD today?

Torgaddon
15-08-2009, 15:36

dhbgmb.... could that be Dark Heresy Board Game Mystery Box?

Siam-Tiger
15-08-2009, 15:41
Is it the German GD today?

No, it is tomorrow and i will post pictures of what ever they gonna show as soon as i am back.

ThousandPlateaus
15-08-2009, 15:52
No, it is tomorrow and i will post pictures of what ever they gonna show as soon as i am back.

Ah ok, thanks.

dhbgmb.... could that be Dark Heresy Board Game Mystery Box?

BINGO!

Hatemonger
15-08-2009, 16:54
That reminded me...

I recall that someone semi-"famous" made a 40k-scale Covenant a while ago. I don't remember who, but I want to say it was either a fairly new (at the time) sculptor for GW - maybe Juan Diaz? - or it was some Golden Demon winner with a propensity for sculpting.

I wonder if this could have been lifted off their workbench/blog page, and posted by someone trying to make a bigger deal of it.

- H8

baphomael
15-08-2009, 17:22
Hmm... Is it possible that these are pieces from a Dark Heresy board-game; kind of like a Warhammer40kQuest, which would mean that the 'Space Hulk' rumours were sort of true but not completely accurate.

It'd be easy, and amazingly good business sense, for GW and FFG to put together an introductory board-game similar to the GW/MB games of old (FFG were given licence to produce board-games when they took on the GW roleplaying franchise after all).

That's definitely a picture of some kind of Squat and some kind of gribbly beast from the Creatures Anathema...

*Two* gribbly creatues for Creatures Anathema - Fenksworld Pit Fiend and the Stenchbeast of Strank, apparently.

TheBigBadWolf
15-08-2009, 18:22
Im not sure about this, has anybody done a search for other companies that produce space dwarf esq minatures :confused:

Chaos and Evil
15-08-2009, 18:34
Anyone else think that most of the sculpts look they're made out of Plasteline?

And that they'd only be practical to produce in resin? (too large for metal)

And just what has Simon Egan (the only sculptor at GW/FW I know who sculpts mostly in plasteline) been sculpting lately for Forgeworld? (nothing significant released since Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex)

TeamLando
15-08-2009, 21:50
Thinking back to the Doom-board-game Fantasy Flight did, I think these sculpts kinda give the same feel, don't you?
http://kingzombie.com/images/doomgamestuff.jpg
Y'know?
And those cards and stuff, Armory.. I don't think anyone'd photshop something like that. My five cents is a Space Hulk-ish Dark heresy Board game o.o;

His Master's Voice
15-08-2009, 21:52
Anyone else think that most of the sculpts look they're made out of Plasteline?

And that they'd only be practical to produce in resin? (too large for metal)

And just what has Simon Egan (the only sculptor at GW/FW I know who sculpts mostly in plasteline) been sculpting lately for Forgeworld? (nothing significant released since Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex)

He actually sculpts in plasteline for casting purposes?
How?

Gorthaur
15-08-2009, 22:02
more pics found:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=172686&st=225

not sure if they have already posted, sorry if they have.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
15-08-2009, 22:05
more pics found:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=172686&st=225

not sure if they have already posted, sorry if they have.

They look like they have been taken from page 10 on here

t-tauri
15-08-2009, 22:10
The B&C poster credits Warseer. :rolleyes:

Please read the post on the other site before reposting here.

Chaos and Evil
15-08-2009, 22:19
He actually sculpts in plasteline for casting purposes?
How?

By being awesome, apparently. :D

Temprus
15-08-2009, 22:54
Golgotha is a Squat homeworld. in the current ork codex the orks invade and overcome the planets 'abhuman population and their war collossi' along with Commissar Yarrick and the guard.Mentioned in the new IG codex too, except it says that the planet "and its abhuman inhabitants are utterly destroyed by the Orks."

coyote1066
16-08-2009, 02:53
Im not sure about this, has anybody done a search for other companies that produce space dwarf esq minatures :confused:

Bob Olley maybe?

http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/

Dryaktylus
16-08-2009, 04:34
Bob Olley maybe?

Hey, Bob - thanks for the genestealer hybrids :cool:

Besides, Space Dwarfs are not uncommon (http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=25).

ghost21
16-08-2009, 05:25
well my 2 pence, is this
i was told about mr mystery box today, and i was told it was space hulk basically 100 percent
i thought space hulk oh my god , ok but the way he was super excited about it i thought , no its not for me , then i saw the dark heresy and the demiurg pic (please be a demiurg , please)
he told me its not an army, but then again i thought there was some fantasy army or sth supposed to appear

he said its cost its 50-60 pounds and its a stand alone game but can be used with the mainstream game is all i could get,, i just hope its these uber models ppl are talking about... i didnt see it mentioned before so i thought id let ppl know

i raely hoped it was sth unusual like chariot races, but if its the dark heresy thing ill be definitely getting a copy if its just space hulk , i wont

fleshtuxedo
16-08-2009, 05:31
Well, countdown is on kids!
Spacehulk, if thats what it is... will still be awesome... as long as there is no David Gallagher artwork on the cover... I wonder what Jon Blanche's take on a SpaceHulk box cover would look like?
As for the "Demiurg" in the image, chunky, blocky, and a little lacking in dynamism - I have a squat army I have been squirreling away for a while, and these seem quite uncharacteristic of the quality and attention to pose that we would expect from the studio.. also, if they are patterned off of dwarf-esque frames, even the plastic dwarf kits from fantasy have a lot more going on with them than this piece.

Gorthaur
16-08-2009, 05:47
Spacehulk, if thats what it is... will still be awesome... as long as there is no David Gallagher artwork on the cover... I wonder what Jon Blanche's take on a SpaceHulk box cover would look like?
As for the "Demiurg" in the image, chunky, blocky, and a little lacking in dynamism - I have a squat army I have been squirreling away for a while, and these seem quite uncharacteristic of the quality and attention to pose that we would expect from the studio.. also, if they are patterned off of dwarf-esque frames, even the plastic dwarf kits from fantasy have a lot more going on with them than this piece.

well if they are part of space hulk thats typical of SH models to be lacking in poses, it also keeps the cost of the set down and allows more room for hopefully plastic 3d terrain. either way I am eagerly awaiting whatever this thing is I just hope im not dissapointed and if its space hulk then I wont be.

ghost21
16-08-2009, 09:50

well tbh i always thort of demiurg suits like malons from star trek voyager, , jusyt shorter and cooler ships n tech, but there suits like the malons so clunky is fine

Dust King
16-08-2009, 10:32
Just noticed this, in the top right of the second picture there's a box with the citadel logo on it. So either this is GW or it's a plant, guess it doesn't really clear up anything but it's still interesting.

silverstu
16-08-2009, 11:18
Good pick-up there- the Citadel logo on it's side..hmm

t-tauri
16-08-2009, 11:23
Just noticed this, in the top right of the second picture there's a box with the citadel logo on it. So either this is GW or it's a plant, guess it doesn't really clear up anything but it's still interesting.

My workspace and shelves are covered with boxes plastered with GW and Citadel logos. I don't work for the studio.

TeamLando
16-08-2009, 11:31
And I don't suppose you're taking half-blurry mystery photos of said studio either? :P
I agree that a Citadel Logo is a long way from seeing Juan Diaz's face in the mirror on the back wall of the photo, working on a new eisenhorn mini for the upcoming Dark heresy Board game. Yes.
But still, the logo's there, and I guess it's a hint of something.

Bregalad
16-08-2009, 14:27
Yeah, many. I posted this link in several Squat threads:
http://wk.frothersunite.com/sc/spacedwarf/spacedwarf.htm
BTW Olley has retired a couple of weeks ago, his store closed, but seems to have revised his decision now.

doghouse
16-08-2009, 14:46
It's possible that if these are legit pictures that FFG are making a DH game along the lines of what they did with Doom I guess.
I wouldn't mind seeing a proper close up of the stunty guys though.

TeamLando
16-08-2009, 15:04
I have a hard time seeing anyone whip up this stuff just to create one helluva hoax. I'd say it's the real deal, however, if the secret box is indeed Space Hulk, I wonder when this box will see the light of day.

Also, here's hoping it's kinda like mentioned Doom-game, since that one was kinda cool :), and Dark Heresy chars and lore won't make it less cool, y'know ;P

Temprus
16-08-2009, 15:09
Yeah, many. I posted this link in several Squat threads:
http://wk.frothersunite.com/sc/spacedwarf/spacedwarf.htm
BTW Olley has retired a couple of weeks ago, his store closed, but seems to have revised his decision now.And then he closed it again and held auctions on the minis and rights, some of which sold, most did not. And now he is supposedly coming back again again. :chrome:

I just want these minis, so if it is not FFG or GW, whoever you are, get them out there! :D

Senbei
16-08-2009, 15:25
BTW Olley has retired a couple of weeks ago, his store closed, but seems to have revised his decision now.

Yup.... not the first time he's done that either. Bob retiring is one of those things you see a lot on Frothers... it's getting to be as common as Artemis Blacks being open is uncommon.

Edit: Not a dig at Bob (I have some of his stuff and it's damned neat) or Artemis ('cause I mean to shop with him when the lead mountain has gone down and don't want to get a nasty supprise in the box <_<).

Commissar Molotov
16-08-2009, 15:34
That reminded me...

I recall that someone semi-"famous" made a 40k-scale Covenant a while ago. I don't remember who, but I want to say it was either a fairly new (at the time) sculptor for GW - maybe Juan Diaz? - or it was some Golden Demon winner with a propensity for sculpting.

I wonder if this could have been lifted off their workbench/blog page, and posted by someone trying to make a bigger deal of it.

- H8

Hey, I think you're talking about Pega, who made 28mm versions of Inquisitor characters. If you check out his CMON Gallery (http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/page/1/submitter/pega/orderby/Descending), you can see his 28mm sculpts of Covenant (http://www.coolminiornot.com/10308), Damien 1427 (http://www.coolminiornot.com/10344) and Slick Devlan (http://www.coolminiornot.com/10342).

Cutting Edge Models
17-08-2009, 01:28
My stab: Would these models fit in with a release of an Inquisitorial codex? A smattering of Xenos to fight with/against?

The Demiurg models there are, well, definitely Demiurg, aren't they?

The two figures to the left seem to me to be an eldar character of some sort (with those curvy shoulder pads and all) and maybe a female inquisitorial type.

Edit: No, it is Covenant, is't it... doh.

Dargon
20-08-2009, 01:24
Hmmm, so the thread is now moved to the 40K General Forums for some reason, and long before the truth is revealed... it seems the plot thickens.:p

Just a thought...

Justice And Rule
20-08-2009, 01:40
Yeah, what the heck is up with that? I don't understand why this got moved. Can someone explain why this is no longer in rumors when it hasn't been confirmed or denied yet?

Revlid
21-08-2009, 02:11
Agreed. As far as I'm aware, the possible release of these models is still an active and valid rumour.