PDA

View Full Version : Alternate arms for IG

Inquisitor Engel
12-08-2009, 06:50
I'm in the process of toying with the makeup of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers and I think I've decided on the Elysian heads (since FW are nice enough to make them available in a pack, unlike the Cadian respirator heads... grumble grumble) but I'm having a head time finding alternate ARMS.

ie, arms holding guns.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I could hack and slash, but that's messy and probably won't gel all too well. Ideally, it should look cooler than a lasgun.

messenger
12-08-2009, 09:29
I'm in the process of toying with the makeup of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers and I think I've decided on the Elysian heads (since FW are nice enough to make them available in a pack, unlike the Cadian respirator heads... grumble grumble) but I'm having a head time finding alternate ARMS.

ie, arms holding guns.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I could hack and slash, but that's messy and probably won't gel all too well. Ideally, it should look cooler than a lasgun.

I believe you can get a set of arms and things for the Death Korps of Krieg line and the Chaos Renegades from ForgeWorld. That may be worth pursuing.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/DEATH_KORPS_OF_KRIEG.html

grissom2006
12-08-2009, 09:43
Don't see the Krieg arms working on Cadian bodies thankfully my sculpting isn't to bad so i tend to add minor details to my models and with my guard i'll be sculpting respirators onto them.

messenger
12-08-2009, 10:53
Well I suppose with the aid of Greenstuff you could probably bulk up the arms to Cadian standard, not that I've ever seen a Cadian or Death Korp miniature that's not a picture.

Tommygun
12-08-2009, 11:36
It sounds like it's the guns you don't like not the arms then?
Changing the look of the guns doesn't have to be to hard.
Here are a few ideas. The first picture is not my work, but the rest is.

Inquisitor Engel
13-08-2009, 04:49
Tommygun - Those are brilliant, but perhaps a little too realistic for what I'm going for. :)

Apparently working the Elysia-pattern bullpup lasguns into Cadian arms is pretty easy - I'll probably go that direction to distinguish them from my inducted guard. (One platoon, already bought).

Another question - does anyone know what the Elysian heads look like on Cadian bodies? Google-fu fails me.