PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite little n00b with another question

HarbingerGunship
12-08-2009, 08:04
Like my last question, this is about assembly

My friend bought a devastator squad and is offering to sell me one of his lascannons. I want a lascannon for my tactical squad. Is the devastator lascannon the same as a tactical squad's?

Marshal Argos
12-08-2009, 08:13
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... Rules wise there is no difference between the two. Model wise they are the same, you just need to make sure you get the correct arms to hold it.

Reaver83
12-08-2009, 08:26
totally different, from the models view it's about 2mm shorter and a couple of inches fatter, as for the rules difference, well it's in the codex...

(nah their is no difference)

sprugly
12-08-2009, 08:38
a lascannon is a lascannon. They're the same weapon so yeah it'll go in your Tac squad fine. As far as i knew you don't get all the heavy weapon options in the tac squad anyway box so most people who want something other than the missile launcher do this.

sprugly

Duce
12-08-2009, 09:38
tactical squads do not come with lascannons (As a weapon in their box) the one in the devstators is the only way you can make them (As in buying a box of des for heavy weapon options), so yes if you take it and build the model it works for tactical squads. :)

chromedog
12-08-2009, 11:16
There are TWO lascannons in the devastator box (along with two each of the plasma cannons and heavy bolters, and one each of missile and multi-melta) - and 5 bodies. Throw in 3 spare tactical bodies and you've got all 8 kitted up to go in whatever squads you like.

The lascannon is the same model for a devastator or tactical squad.

Stucorb
12-08-2009, 11:20
Funny this really i had a similar discussion with a friend of mine who has ordered the old metal minature holing a MM instead of just asking people if they had a spare as he thought they would be different

Hood
12-08-2009, 12:35
Go ahead and use it! I even went as far as to use a IG vehicle Lascannon that a friend gave me... I bet it will fit better than mine did...!

pookie
12-08-2009, 14:39
There are TWO lascannons in the devastator box (along with two each of the plasma cannons and heavy bolters, and one each of missile and multi-melta) - and 5 bodies. Throw in 3 spare tactical bodies and you've got all 8 kitted up to go in whatever squads you like.

The lascannon is the same model for a devastator or tactical squad.

and strangly enough 6 pairs of legs.

HarbingerGunship
12-08-2009, 14:43
thanks everyone

Shas'o Brightsword
12-08-2009, 15:14
Go ahead and use it! I even went as far as to use a IG vehicle Lascannon that a friend gave me... I bet it will fit better than mine did...!

lol dang that guy has quite a load! talk about heavy:D