PDA

View Full Version : High Elf 1500pts.

phoenixcrh
12-08-2009, 09:54
General.
Hero. (Caladai)
Noble, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, heavy armour, barded elven steed = 156. (lore of light - burning gaze)

Battle standard bearer.
Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, ring of fury, halberd, shield, heavy armour, barded elven steed = 176.

Battlemage.
Hero. (Lathain)
Mage, level 2, seerstaff of saphery, dispel scroll = 185. (lore of the heavens - second sign of amul and uranons thunderbolt)

Core Units.
15 spearmen, sentinel, standard bearer = 155. (5*3)

Special Units.
*12 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, banner of sorcery = 254. (BSB goes here) (7*2)

*12 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, warbanner = 224. (General goes here) (7*2)

*5 dragon princes = 150.

Rare Units.
*2 repeater bolt throwers = 200.

= 1500.

Models 50 + 2 war machines.
PD 6-8 + bound spell, DD 4 + dispel scroll +1 to dispel.

Von Wibble
12-08-2009, 10:13
Suggest Lore of Heavens for the Radiant Gem. 1st spell gives rerolls of 1s to huit and to wound on your RBTs early on and on your dragon princes/ white lions later. A spell that is useful at all times (fireball is of no help once in combat).

The units in the army look OK. Personally I find Spearmen either excellent or terrible depending on what models are facing them - if it were me I'd drop them, get 10 archers, lose a RBT and then with the change get a Great Eagle.

Looking at your magic phase, I believe the plan is 3 dice on Uranon's and 2 on your Noble's spell - using extra dice for Second Sign? Uranon's could prove risy to cast with such a high casting value for 3 dice. I'd go for lore of metal, and have spells 1 and 4 - slightly cheaper and still good vs armour. Or drop the seerstaff and get a silver wand - the opponent will probably dispel your 1 good spell and if you choose the right lore you are ver y likely to get 2 if not 3 useable spells.

phoenixcrh
12-08-2009, 10:23
General.
Hero. (Caladai)
Noble, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 158. (lore of light - burning gaze)

Battle standard bearer.
Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, ring of fury, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 178.

Battlemage.
Hero. (Urithair)
Mage, level 2, silver wand, *2 dispel scrolls = 185. (lore of metal - 3 random spells)

Battlemage.
Hero. (Lathain)
Mage, level 2, seerstaff of saphery, dispel scroll = 185. (lore of the heavens - second sign of amul and uranons thunderbolt)

Core Units.
*15 spearmen, sentinel, standard bearer = 155. (5*3)

*10 archers = 110.

Special Units.
*12 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, banner of sorcery = 254. (BSB goes here) (7*2)

*12 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, warbanner = 224. (General goes here) (7*2)

2*5 dragon princes = 300.

Rare Units.

Great eagle = 50.

= 1999.

Models 67 + 2 war machines.
PD 8-10 + bound spell, DD 5 + 3 dispel scrolls +1 to dispel.

NecronBob
12-08-2009, 12:15
Just a quick question: why twelve wide on your units? You've got 7 x 2 listed next to them, but I don't see how you get that. When you put your characters in, you'll have a row of 7 and a row of 6 and you will lose your rank bonus. It'd be better to set them up as 13 so that you add the character and get that CR.

I'm not a math person, but I've seen someone run the math and show that spears do better in 5 x 4 than 6 X 3 against everything except clan rats. You may want to find points for two more spears.

Finally, depending on your opponents, you will probably want champions in the units with your heroes, especially the BSB. If I hit his unit with any sort of combat character, I'd challenge, he'd have to accept or flee to the back, and you'd lose him. That small outlay of points could save you a lot of headaches. I'd do it on the generals unit as well, but it's not as vital.

I don't really know what you want to drop to get there. I'd look at one of the dispel scrolls and the warbanner probably.

phoenixcrh
12-08-2009, 12:22
General.
Lord. (Caladai)
prince, star lance, vambraces of defence, shield, dragon armour, star dragon = 624.

Battlemage.
Lord. (Urithair)
Archmage, level 4, ring of fury, *2 dispel scrolls = 340. (lore of metal - 4 random spells)

Battle standard bearer.
Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 183. (lore of light - burning gaze)

Battlemage.
Hero. (Lathain)
Mage, level 2, seerstaff of saphery, dispel scroll = 185. (lore of life - gift of life, howler wind)

Core Units.
*15 spearmen, musician, standard bearer = 150. (5*3)

2*10 archers = 220.

Special Units.

2*14 white lions, *2 standard bearers = 444. (7*2)

2*5 dragon princes = 300.

Rare Units.

*2 great eagles = 100.

= 2999.

Models 91 + 2 war machines.
PD 10-12 + bound spell, DD 6 + 3 dispel scrolls +1 to dispel.

phoenixcrh
12-08-2009, 12:27
The characters are on horses so they count as 2 infantry models so I get 12+2 = 14 (7*2).

I get more attacks with the 6*3 formation and I will try to use them only against squishys.

The champions idea I will play test and see what is more effective.

And I have changed my magic phase around now :)

NecronBob
12-08-2009, 12:57
Oops, missed those horses.

The champ adds an extra attack to the front line and protects your hero. I've always found that to be a bargain, especially in swordmasters and white lions. It's worth thinking about, especially since your heroes have traded some of their combat power for magic.

I think the jist of the spear math was that the three extra attacks are unlikely to add more than one CR and have a decent chance of adding less than one while the 5 x 4, all things being equal, will always have one CR more than 6 x 3.

You have some interesting lists, especially the first two and especially in your character set ups. I'd be interested in seeing battle reports (even just little ones) on how your character set ups work.

phoenixcrh
12-08-2009, 15:21
I have retuned the magic phase again after having a careful read of the 8 lores :)

phoenixcrh
13-08-2009, 10:32
General.
Hero. (Caladai)
Noble, halberd, heavy armour, barded elven steed = 109.

Core Units.
*10 archers = 110.

Special Units.
*12 white lions = 180. (General goes here) (7*2)

Rare Units.
Repeater bolt thrower = 100.

= 499.

Models 23 + 1 war machine.
PD 0, DD 2 +1 to dispel.

phoenixcrh
13-08-2009, 10:58
General.
Hero. (Caladai)
Noble, halberd, heavy armour, barded elven steed = 109.

Battle standard bearer.
Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, halberd, heavy armour, barded elven steed = 134.

Core Units.
*15 spearmen, musician, standard bearer = 150. (5*3)

Special Units.
*12 white lions, standard bearer = 192. (BSB goes here) (7*2)

*12 white lions, standard bearer, warbanner = 212. (General goes here) (7*2)

Rare Units.

= 997.

Models 41 + 2 war machines.
PD 0, DD 2 +1 to dispel.