PDA

View Full Version : =][= Inquisitor following =][=

huntarolo
12-08-2009, 11:50
ok just thought id get this thread started so all my freinds can join and post up their character sheets im quickly writing this before i search for mien hehe ^_^

Besaid Auron -callidus assasin- (slight changes, but she's from the thorian sourcebook)

WS BS S T I WP SG NV LD Speed
86 90 66 62 93 98 96 90 35 9

Weapon type range firing mode accuracy damage shots reload weight
knife knife E single -10 D10 - - 15

neural pistol (20) flame - X 5 X 25
shredder

b-fire gren. E 2" blast -10 D10 2 - 8
grenade

choke
grenade gren. E 2" blast -10 - 7 - 12

Weapon reach damage parry penalty
c'tan phase 2 4D6 -20%
sword

equipment
Mesh armour, closed helmet, displacer field, bloodfire grenades x 3, choke grenades x 2

Special abilities and psychic powers
hyperpolymorphine, acrobatic, blademaster, catfall, deflect shot, dodge, heroic, lightning reflexes, nerves of steel, ambidextrous

post spot saved for images of assasin, all WiP's :3

post spot saved for inquisi mathias

post spot saved for images of mathias, and WiP's :3

post spot saved for farseer haurŠa

post spot saved for images of farseer haurŠa

post spot saved for ranger auran

post spot saved for images of ranger auran :D

ok sorry about all that saving but i do love things to be organised =.= its porbably OCD ><

ok free to post :)

kaled
13-08-2009, 20:16
There's not much to say really until you post more info. However, going by the profile you have posted, and the names of the other characters, they're extremely powerful characters. They have loads of special rules that will quickly overwhelm you with detail and either the game will be desperately slow, or you'll forget half of their rules. You've also gone for characters with really high stats, which doesn't make for fun games as there's little chance of them ever failing anything they try - so there's less tension or excitement in the game. Also, an assassin with mesh armour, a closed helmet and a displacer field??

As you're just starting out with Inquisitor you'd be better advised to use some more 'normal' characters (enforcers, desperados, cultists etc), ones with stats in the 50s to 70s and armed with things like shotguns, lasguns, stubbers etc until you get used to the rules. A good place to start would be the training scenarios in Dark Magenta issue 1. Once you've played a few games, then you'll be in a better position to introduce these sorts of powerful and complicated characters - but even then, things like Officio assassins and Farseers are generally not seen as good Player Characters.

Finally, remember that Inquisitor is a narrative skirmish game - the storyline is a very important aspect and that's why you'll see people post detailed background histories for their characters. A couple of hundred words is plenty to give people a good idea of who your characters are, what motivates them, and so on.

Hope that's of some help to you.
Dave

P.S. You could also do to reread some of the rules - you've calculated the assassin's Speed incorrectly.

huntarolo
13-08-2009, 21:49
notes, yes i forgot to calculate the speed correctly :D i was a bit drunk when i was wrting on my sheet and it looked like the number i posted ><

im not new, but i will be making easier characters, when you see my other characters theyre pretty simple :) (eisenhorn rules, simple house rules for 2 eldar models (which i obtained from a nice site called "pangolin saloon" has LOADS of resources for models, mainly house rules but theyre simple and not to OP

yes inquisitor is a narrative storytelling game :) reason i got back into it, ill grab my pen and paper and write down some narative work while im on dinner break tmoro (16 but working for cash :P) lol

o i sourced this character from the thorian sourcebook. . .couldnt. . .resist. . . . .O_o </hugs callidus> <3 them in 40k and <3 them here :D

im a bit ofa brainbox so ill do my best at remembering ^_^ failing that. . .paper + repeated slaps to the face O_o

MarcoSkoll
13-08-2009, 22:57
Finally, remember that Inquisitor is a narrative skirmish game - the storyline is a very important aspect and that's why you'll see people post detailed background histories for their characters. A couple of hundred words is plenty to give people a good idea of who your characters are, what motivates them, and so on.
Or in my case, two or three thousand word backgrounds... :rolleyes:

~~~~~

Like Kaled suggests, the best option is to start with less powerful characters with modest equipment until you get used to the game mechanics.
Just like you don't put a new driver into a performance Ferrari, you don't give new players powerful characters - it's too much for them to handle.

Start small and build up. Take characters that are small hatchbacks, not supercharged supercars.

I know it's tempting to take top level characters when you start - I know, because my very first character sheet was so horrifically over powered and cheesy that I cringe at the mere basics of it these days.

kaled
14-08-2009, 07:18
Now that I reread the PM you sent me, I'm reminded that you have played before but it was some years ago - sorry for confusing things. You'll find that a lot of people play with stats based on p15 of the LRB rather than the statlines from the sample characters, which are often regarded as being a bit too powerful.

I realise you like Callidus assassins, but they really are a bit too powerful for the games of Inquisitor that most people play. However, why not approach them from a different angle - for example, we know the assassin temples secretly sponsor death cults and use them as a source of recruits, so perhaps explore that idea as the basis for a character?

precinctomega
14-08-2009, 09:39
Or a Callidus who's failed in some respect and is being field-tested by an Inquisitor: one with a psychological or physiological disability, such a drug dependency or a poor reaction to polymorphine that causes her to sporadically lose her shape or form.

And you don't need to reserve all those posts. You can just edit your first post with all the new details, pics and links as you go along.

R.

huntarolo
14-08-2009, 22:18
Or in my case, two or three thousand word backgrounds... :rolleyes:

~~~~~

Like Kaled suggests, the best option is to start with less powerful characters with modest equipment until you get used to the game mechanics.
Just like you don't put a new driver into a performance Ferrari, you don't give new players powerful characters - it's too much for them to handle.

Start small and build up. Take characters that are small hatchbacks, not supercharged supercars.

I know it's tempting to take top level characters when you start - I know, because my very first character sheet was so horrifically over powered and cheesy that I cringe at the mere basics of it these days.

haha!!

i tend to try and stop before my head arm explodes after writing up a few pages worth of writing ^_^ hehe

aye will do

my first ever character was magos delphan gruss :S lol ill try and find him out and i just had i think it was an enforcer or a gaurdsmen >< lol that was coupled with one of my amtes kreiger krash thrax and a vindicare

ending up playing, a SM, tyrus, eisenhorn and beefcake mc. cheese (as we used to call him) a.k.a mr OP :) lol

Now that I reread the PM you sent me, I'm reminded that you have played before but it was some years ago - sorry for confusing things. You'll find that a lot of people play with stats based on p15 of the LRB rather than the statlines from the sample characters, which are often regarded as being a bit too powerful.

I realise you like Callidus assassins, but they really are a bit too powerful for the games of Inquisitor that most people play. However, why not approach them from a different angle - for example, we know the assassin temples secretly sponsor death cults and use them as a source of recruits, so perhaps explore that idea as the basis for a character?

hmmmm was thinking upon that, maybe take sevina and sevora?

okay my basic background was that my inquisitor was searching for some lost artifacts with the help of a farseer and her companion, thus my mate quickly came back with, YOU ******* EMPATHISER (or w/e it was :S) so that sparked off his warband hutning down my "hereticall warband" >< hehe ill get the detailed one up soooon :)

Or a Callidus who's failed in some respect and is being field-tested by an Inquisitor: one with a psychological or physiological disability, such a drug dependency or a poor reaction to polymorphine that causes her to sporadically lose her shape or form.

And you don't need to reserve all those posts. You can just edit your first post with all the new details, pics and links as you go along.

R.

thanks, and thanks again ( im new to this forum ='{ )

but aye, you gave mea idea, the hyper-polymorphine tested by the thorian inquisitors, rather than have an OP model, maybe use a basic deathcult/assasin statline to show how the tests have failed slightly? a. would reduce OP'ness making it easier to play and b. would fit with storyline :3

one thing though. . think SM's are to OP?? as my mate is going to be fielding one =/ if so i may have to do alot of running :3

o id just liek to thank you guys for looking in and posting : ) ive seen you posting around and if im right your the =][= big wigs here :3 ^^

im ordering my first model on sunday hopefully eisenhorn+green stuff

we had to make a character look a bit like ourselves >< haha

kaled
15-08-2009, 09:00
Before I reply properly, I'll just point out that double (or in this case, quadruple) posting is often considered spamming and may get you a warning from the mods - and I'd hate for that to happen seeing as you're new. As PO said, you can edit a post if you want to add further info to it, and if you want to quote multiple posts, there's a multiquote function that lets you easily do that.

hmmmm was thinking upon that, maybe take sevina and sevora?
Why use any characters based on the standard ones in the rulebook? Not all death cults look or act the same, so just make one up. A potential Callidus recruit is likely, but not necessarily, female, but she doesn't have to be latex-clad and armed with an array of blades. Maybe she's from a cult that aims to kill at a distance? In which case you could convert one of the twins to be carrying pistols. Or perhaps use Barbaretta as the base for a conversion. Or maybe she's an assassin posing as your Inquisitor's mistress - in which case you could use the Jena model. Or you could have a male Callidus recruit...

As an example of the different ways you could make a death cultist, I've got a member of a Haemovore death cult mainly based on the Josef (http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/kaled100/soylent.jpg) model, and a void-born death cultist mainly based on Eisenhorn & Stone (http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/kaled100/zek.jpg). Also, if you look outside the GW range you'll find loads of miniatures you could use as the basis for a character - there's a list here (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22.0).

okay my basic background was that my inquisitor was searching for some lost artifacts with the help of a farseer and her companion
A farseer, Inquisitor, ranger and assassin makes for an extremely powerful warband, but by the sounds of it you're playing your games at a far higher power-level to most people on here. One thing I would say is that you seem to be hung up on using 'standard' archetypes from the rulebook/codices - in Inquisitor you can literally use anyone from the Imperium or beyond its borders, so it's a great opportunity to think outside the box and explore some of the other character types that don't normally appear in the games. If you need inspiration, have a look through some of the retrospectives here (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=5.0) and you'll see loads of models that bear no resemblence to anything you'd come across in a game of 40k, but which still fit perfectly into the universe.

one thing though. . think SM's are to OP?? as my mate is going to be fielding one =/ if so i may have to do alot of running :3Space Marines are not really overpowered, they're meant to be powerful. However, they are a lot more powerful than most other characters in the game as they're strong, tough, fast, have powerful armour and excellent weapons. You might like to check out the alternate rules for marines in Dark Magenta (you'll find a copy if you follow the link in MarcoSkoll's sig).

MarcoSkoll
15-08-2009, 11:33
You might like to check out the alternate rules for marines in Dark Magenta (you'll find a copy if you follow the link in MarcoSkoll's sig).
The link in my sig points to a different subfolder on my hosting to the one with the DM stuff in it, and you can't navigate above that level to get to the DM folder.
As an arrangement it rather needs sorting out, but the linked folder is specifically for "official" GW files.

Also, at the time you said that, I had only uploaded the sourcebooks. However, both sourcebooks (and now the 3 issues) can be found on the end of THIS link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=83a80659003936941686155677bb26851afbe958 0c1eeeff

huntarolo
15-08-2009, 17:57
ok thanks all

kaled and others, i will write up alot of story background and work out some models i would LOVE and LIKE to play/paint and model

only reason i havent is that well. . .ease tbh =/ ill look on sites etc.

o the main thing was, if i wrote up some things, could you suggest which models may be suitable to model them on :) thanks

kaled
15-08-2009, 18:29
o the main thing was, if i wrote up some things, could you suggest which models may be suitable to model them on :)Sure - no problem. You could also take the opposite track and find a model you like and work out a character to go with it.

huntarolo
15-08-2009, 19:07
lol ok kaled

my orgionall idea was

lady jena oriechielle as a eldar farseer (love the model and she allready has a shuriken pistol :3 )
eldar harlequin (didnt know how to do one =/ )
ranger (model)

and eisenhorn model with GS

basis was that the inquistior was allowed to look through the black library, i read it somewhere. . .something similar
a harlequin guided an inquistor to the black library, the ahrlequins and rangers do share some things (reading eldar codex) and the farseer would of been perusing the library (which material. . .we will not know yet ;) hehe ) LOL joke

precinctomega
15-08-2009, 20:37
An Eldar ranger alone is a very powerful character (I once saw one take down a Space Marine with ease), and adding a harlequin and farseer would be overkill, IMO.

Jena isn't really tall enough to be an Eldar, IMO. When I built this 54mm harlequin, I made her to be a good seven feet tall:

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/359/8/f/54mm_Harelquin_Solitaire_DONE_by_precinctomega.jpg

R.

huntarolo
15-08-2009, 23:10
it was YOU who built that harlequin :) its a beautifull model btw

huntarolo
16-08-2009, 16:48
reading eldar codex and after seeing that an all eldar team would be to OP

thought about inquisitor and one of his henchman (something simple but not the most powerfull)

a harlequin (who is leading the way)

farseer who is allso in the library (i will make jena a bit higher somehow :3

huntarolo
18-08-2009, 14:13
read through those downloadable files. thanks marco, they were well needed : )

i have currently written up a quick starter story giving characters, names and reasons my other freinds are currently writing theres up

i was tired doing this at 2 in morning but meh ^_^ so sory for any things that are wrong or idiotic